Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

[Free Beer & food] to anyone willing to help me load/unload a truck and move?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 08:15 PM
VetteUSA
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07
Default [Free Beer & food] to anyone willing to help me load/unload a truck and move?

Would anyone be willing to help me move up to Austin? I'm trying to figure out all my options, and of course doing the move all by myself is the cheapest way to go. I already got a potential 2-3 helpers, but it's unconfirmed as of right now. I'd really like to move this Sunday, as rates for the truck are cheaper than Saturday. I'd be renting a UHaul truck, and my payment to you would be free beer/drinks & food (If i paid money, then it would probably be cheaper to just hire a mover to do the loading/unloading for me) And If it works like i'd want it to, we could have 4-5 people, including myself, helping to load/unload my stuff.

I'm in a 1 bedroom apartment, so the major things would be my living room set (sofa, love seat, chair) + 3 slate tables, and a bed and some mattresses (I don't have any dining room furniture). The rest would basically be boxes. I know this isn't much of a warning, so if anyone thinks they'd be up for this, please let me know. Again, it would be this Sunday, the 30th.

Thanks guys.

Robert

P.S. Tomorrow, I'll be 100% sure if i'll be using a mover or if i'll just be using a DIY U-Haul truck.

Last edited by vetteusa; 04-24-2006 at 08:52 PM.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:54 PM
C4Fanatic
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sign me up Robert, I'll help. Wife and I have moved about 20 times in the last 19 years.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:10 PM
Cozmo
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
CentralTX Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

I may be able to help you unload. Let me know the details.

Larry
Old 04-25-2006, 05:25 PM
VetteUSA
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '07

Thanks! I'll know in the next 3-4 hours exactly what my plans are. Since it is a quick move, i have to make quick, concrete decisions. There's not much time to ponder about what to do.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:40 AM
VetteUSA
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '07

Ok, sorry for the delay, but I finally have an update.
It looks like i'll actually be using a mover to go up to Austin.

After looking at various time & money expenses, it looks like this is going to be the easiest and best option for me. I've had to make 5 million calls within the past week, especially the last couple of days, to try to make sure everything could work itself out. So, now all i will have to do is just pack up the rest of my stuff, and have the movers take care of the loading/unload/+ a vehicle transport.

Thanks guys for the offers to help me out, I appreciate it ...but it looks like these movers will have to do everything instead. I'm gonna sit back and drink a beer while they do it all .

Robert
Old 04-26-2006, 09:53 AM
C4Fanatic
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a good plan Robert. Have fun up in Austin, probably be seeing you on the road again some time soon.

David
Old 04-26-2006, 12:44 PM
tjcleary
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good luck man!!!
Old 04-28-2006, 08:36 AM
juandlp
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What part of Austin are you moving to? We're up north so hope to see you around or at the Saturday get togethers.

JD

Get notified of new replies

To [Free Beer & food] to anyone willing to help me load/unload a truck and move?

Quick Reply: [Free Beer & food] to anyone willing to help me load/unload a truck and move?