Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

TOTALLY AWESOME AUTOCROSS THIS SATURDAY (18TH)

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2001, 08:53 PM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Default TOTALLY AWESOME AUTOCROSS THIS SATURDAY (18TH)

Guys and gals,

This is the best run, most fun, biggest course autocross I've ever been on. It's hosted by the BMWCCA and they are very friendly and welcome all non BMW's. There's more non-BMW's than there is BMW's. I'm setting up a grudge match against Bob (RFC on the forum) and his white Z06. He always gets top time of day and with my new race tires, I hope to give him a good run.

You get EIGHT 8!!!!! runs on a long course, normally over 90 seconds. It's very safe and goes by quickly, normally finished by 3-4pm.

I don't profit from this, I'd just like to see some more C5's go out there and kick a**. E-mail me for directions or more information. Thanks!!

P.S. This autocross is WEST OF FT. WORTH IN MINERAL WELLS

[Modified by QUIKAG, 6:55 PM 8/14/2001]
Old 08-15-2001, 12:09 AM
TooManyIDs
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: TOTALLY AWESOME AUTOCROSS THIS SATURDAY (QUIKAG)

Link?
Old 08-15-2001, 11:19 AM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Default Re: TOTALLY AWESOME AUTOCROSS THIS SATURDAY (TooManyIDs)

Ask and ye shall receive. Here are the links
http://www.flash.net/~dbrjohn/

This is the BMWCCA website
http://www.iigo.com/vroom/mineralring.htm

This is directions out to the "Mineral Ring" The Porsche Club runs the ENTIRE mineral ring and you can get CRAZY speeds running with them. The BMW club pops a few slaloms and chicanes in there to slow things down a bit, but there's always a straightaway. Last time, I almost hit 100mph on the front straight.

Take all your perceptions about what an autocross is and throw them out the window. This is not a small parking lot, this is a big airfield. Let's have a strong showing out there. It's :smash: time out there!! :D :D :D :chevy :chevy
Old 08-15-2001, 12:12 PM
gonbad
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sending you an e-mail. Could be interesting as it is my last free weekend for some time.
Old 08-16-2001, 12:27 PM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Why the ambivalance about an autocross? If you're one of the people that does the Motorsport Ranch deals (like myself), I promise you, this is nearly as fun. It's obviously shorter, but it's easier on your car as well. It's a blast and I'd love to see more than two C5's out there (Bob's white Z06 and my '01 Coupe). Let's make a good showing!! Hell, there are about 5 or 6 Preludes out there (my old buddies from when I owned my '97 Prelude). Kind of sad that my FWD four banger buddies make a better showing than my new friends with the real sports cars.

Corey
Old 08-16-2001, 02:41 PM
LBJ
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are convertibles allowed to run without roll bars? Sounds like fun if they are.

LBJ

2001 Torch Red Roadster/6 Speed/Blk/Blk
1999 Arctic White FRC (Sold)
Old 08-16-2001, 03:38 PM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Default Re: TOTALLY AWESOME AUTOCROSS THIS SATURDAY (LBJ)

Yes, convertibles without bars are no problem. There is no way to roll the car out there anyway as it's flat and smooth. I've had my car sideways at over 60mph out there and it's fun. :D Hopefully you can make it out there.
Old 08-16-2001, 03:53 PM
LBJ
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks,

OK, be there at or before 0800, with helmet, plenty to eat and drink, lawn chairs. What else? Is there an entry fee? Is this at the MINERAL RING? Anything else I need to know before hand? Even if it turns out that I don't run, it'll be fun to watch.

LBJ
Old 08-16-2001, 04:12 PM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Default Re: TOTALLY AWESOME AUTOCROSS THIS SATURDAY (LBJ)

Racing fee is $25 and it's totally worth it. To watch is free obviously. Call my cell xxxxx if you get lost. It's very easy to get to and the drive is nice. It seems like you have all your other ducks in a row. Look forward to seeing you out there!!

Last edited by QUIKAG; 03-30-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 08-16-2001, 06:18 PM
TooManyIDs
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why the ambivalance about an autocross? If you're one of the people that does the Motorsport Ranch deals (like myself), I promise you, this is nearly as fun. It's obviously shorter, but it's easier on your car as well. It's a blast and I'd love to see more than two C5's out there (Bob's white Z06 and my '01 Coupe). Let's make a good showing!! Hell, there are about 5 or 6 Preludes out there (my old buddies from when I owned my '97 Prelude). Kind of sad that my FWD four banger buddies make a better showing than my new friends with the real sports cars.
Corey
Who, me?

No ambivalance here. Along with the Ranch, I normally run a couple AutoX's a month. Have been to Mineral Wells with Equipe Rapide.

Saturday looks good, that's just painfully early to get to Mineral Wells from Plano. I'm not a morning person.

Get notified of new replies

To TOTALLY AWESOME AUTOCROSS THIS SATURDAY (18TH)

Quick Reply: TOTALLY AWESOME AUTOCROSS THIS SATURDAY (18TH)