Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

**Vettes and Jets on the USS Lexington**

Old 04-29-2007, 04:51 PM
mavericks01vette
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **Vettes and Jets on the USS Lexington**

Hello all,
I am writting you to tell you about this great event called Vettes and Jets on the Lex. It's going to be a great event that will allow you and 299 other Corvette owners to drive thier Vettes up on to the flight deck of the USS Lexington . We are planning on having the Guiness Book of World Records out there to certify this event as it has never been done before. Cost is $100 with all procedes going to the USO and the Wounded Warrior Project. This is an event to push Corvettes even further along the map and to help out the men and women that give everything for our freedoms. Mark your calanders for September 15th to be in sunny Corpus Christi, TX. to take part in this wonderful event. Participants will recieve a T-shirt, military style dog tags, and a certificate all to certify that they were 1 of the 300. This is no ordinary aircraft carrier...she has more wartime honors than any other ship ever, she has movies, books, etc. made about her and with her. This would be an honor to have our Corvettes out on her flight deck right along side of the different fighter jets that have flown from her bow. Registration starts May 1st at 12:01am and what a photo opportunity this would be. This is a full weekend event and for more info and how to registar go to www.vettesandjetsonthelex.com Hope to see you all there!!!
Maverick
Old 04-29-2007, 04:53 PM
mavericks01vette
Intermediate

I am the events coordinator for the Corpus Christi Corvette Club. The Corvettes will be up there all day with loading starting at 5:00am CST This will give us enough time to load everyone and get them in place before the carrier opens to the public. We will start unloading them at 5:30pm CST. There will be plenty to do with several events going on Part of your enrty fee includes tickets for 2 too tour the Lexington. The average tour takes 4 to 5 hours. Plus they have an IMAX theater onboard that is included with your entry. The ship is located on the CC North Beach so you can hang out and get a tan or go and tour all of the gift shops. There is several restraunts and all of this is within walking distance from the ship. The host hotel (another one is in the works too) is a 10 minute walk away too. I hope this helps.
Maverick
Old 05-02-2007, 12:06 AM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,095 Likes on 807 Posts

Sweet and check is in the mail for a great weekend event
Old 05-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Krause
Instructor

Mav, what's y'all's anticipation of selling out? I need to check with my wife regarding our plans for that weekend.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:12 PM
BLU-BY-U
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

thats a cool location, with a great view across the channel at downtown corpus and the harbor bridge. You've got the acquarium and new baseball park as well. About 15 minutes north in portland is a great golf course called north shore CC, with 4 holes right along corpus christi bay. I'm going to try and make it and get my vette on that lex!
Old 05-02-2007, 04:49 PM
Boob
Pro

Will you keep us posted as to how many spots are left as the date approaches? Gotta see how all the finances work, but sounds like a really fun day. Imagine what it would normally cost to put your vette on a aircraft carrier . 100 bux is a steal
Old 05-02-2007, 05:13 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Boob
Will you keep us posted as to how many spots are left as the date approaches? Gotta see how all the finances work, but sounds like a really fun day. Imagine what it would normally cost to put your vette on a aircraft carrier . 100 bux is a steal
$100 is a great deal as half goes to the troops, got mine in and hotel reservations already, I have been on the Lex with the kids and grand kids, now my baby will get to visit
Old 05-02-2007, 05:31 PM
TooManyIDs
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sent my application in with a May 1 postmark. Will see if the slots are there soon enough.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:33 PM
TooManyIDs
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by peter pan
$100 is a great deal as half goes to the troops, got mine in and hotel reservations already, I have been on the Lex with the kids and grand kids, now my baby will get to visit
You must have hand delivered yours? Guess the Corpus Christi Club has home field advantage.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:25 PM
itsaz
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

My application is on the way. BTW, Maverick, do you know of a place near the Radisson where we could wash the trail dust off the cars? I'd rather do it myself. Thanks and looking forward to September.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:49 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by TooManyIDs
You must have hand delivered yours? Guess the Corpus Christi Club has home field advantage.
No, just mailed it in on the 1st, 300 cars is alot so we will be in the line up and I did get my room reserved on the 1st also so I know my wife can hang out in the room as all day events are not her cup of tea

Originally Posted by itsaz
My application is on the way. BTW, Maverick, do you know of a place near the Radisson where we could wash the trail dust off the cars? I'd rather do it myself. Thanks and looking forward to September.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:02 PM
Cajundude
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In 7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Overnighted mine on the 1st. Where is everyone staying? Radisson?
Old 05-03-2007, 01:05 PM
TooManyIDs
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by peter pan
No, just mailed it in on the 1st, 300 cars is alot so we will be in the line up and I did get my room reserved on the 1st also so I know my wife can hang out in the room as all day events are not her cup of tea
My wife didn't show any interest , I'm bringing my son.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:06 PM
TooManyIDs
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Cajundude
I see an Omni listed as a host hotel now. Should be nicer, but didn't see the $$$ mentioned.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:42 PM
chrisj
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I got my check in the mail on the 1st. My son will be born the month before and we are looking forward to making this his first Corvette Event!

I know we are working on getting together a group from COCH. Hopefully there will be a bunch of us making the trip.

chris
Old 05-03-2007, 02:56 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Cajundude
Jason, I am staying at the Radisson along with others from our club, not sure if Mike or Arnold will be going
Old 05-03-2007, 03:25 PM
TooManyIDs
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

I called the Omni. They don't have the rates loaded yet, but said they would call back within 24 hours.

Get notified of new replies

To **Vettes and Jets on the USS Lexington**

Old 05-03-2007, 04:32 PM
ICUALL
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default V&j

Omni should be starting at $99.00 a room !

A total of 300 spots on the flight deck. As of 3:00 PM 05-03-07 we have 105 confirmed participants. The count is updated daily at http://www.vettesandjetsonthelex.com/registration.htm and will be posting and updating a list of participants confirmed at http://www.vettesandjetsonthelex.com/confirm.htm as we can.

So come join us, drink a cool one, show your support for the troops, wave the flag and show off your CORVETTE !
Old 05-03-2007, 05:19 PM
NTRBL33
Le Mans Master

Location: The United States of TEXAS www.corvettemotorsportsinc.com
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Sent my $$ in Tuesday and have the resv @ the Radison. I'll bring it up @ our club meeting Friday Night. Can't wait for this SHow.
FYI Scooterscott has done the Same
Old 05-04-2007, 12:00 AM
TooManyIDs
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

I'm in.

http://www.vettesandjetsonthelex.com/confirm.htm

What is the number next to the name? Are some people bringing more than 1 car?

Did anyone else notice that the application was updated after May 1 or am I imagining things?

The form I completed had a spot to specify the size of the event shirts and I selected 2. Now I see a place to specify the size for the "special" participant shirt that is included in the $100. Any idea who I can email to make sure they get the size on that one right?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: **Vettes and Jets on the USS Lexington**