Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Anyone missing a helmet from VV Shootout on Sunday?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2001, 01:28 AM
Snowman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09

Default Anyone missing a helmet from VV Shootout on Sunday?

I have been waiting since I was about 5 years old for Bell to start making a certain helmet SA00 that I can wear glasses with. In the meantime, I was at the VV Shootout on Sunday helmets required. Tom Garland (nevrenuf) was kind enough to swap helmets with me...we just alternated with enough spaces between us in practice that we could both do runs.

At one point, there was no Tom to be seen (turns out he was behind me) and someone came over and asked what was up. When I told him, he went over to the fence and got me another helmet.

At the end of the day, I was looking for the guy but didn't find him. I left the helmet by the chain link fence but kept an eye on it but no takers. I didn't want to screw the person who lent it so I've taken it home and I'm happy to ship it if someone can identify it as theirs.

Send me an email if you know who it is.

Thanks

Snowman

Old 10-23-2001, 01:00 PM
Chris Fowler
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'10

Default Re: Anyone missing a helmet from VV Shootout on Sunday? (Snowman)

Hey! no idea on the helmet, but I just wanted to say that you made some great runs on Sunday!

Was 11.9 your fastest run?
Old 10-24-2001, 08:28 PM
Snowman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09

Default Re: Anyone missing a helmet from VV Shootout on Sunday? (Chris Fowler '80)

Yeah thanks, I was having fun most of the afternoon once I settled down. Hit the rev limiter twice on my first practice run. I hate helmets...I may run next time with the top off the car so I don't have to scrunch down in my seat so much.

I think the next second to the 10's NA is about half car and half driver. I learned some things about shift points Monday second hand from a conversation Tom Garland (nevrenuf) had with Jayson at MTI so I am still on the steep part of the learning curve. I'm not driving my car yet like it COULD be driven and I know that. On the mechanical side, the car is running a bit rich at the moment I think. I may go out tonight on a country road somewhere in North Texas and try the nitrous for the first time. If it goes well, I might come to Ennis in a couple of weeks. I'll still be driver skill deprived if on the juice but what the heck, I'm having fun and I am putting down consistent times (once I settle down).

Doug

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone missing a helmet from VV Shootout on Sunday?

Quick Reply: Anyone missing a helmet from VV Shootout on Sunday?