Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Albuquerque to Phoenix Nov 10th

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2001, 10:27 AM
The Wanderer
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Albuquerque to Phoenix Nov 10th

Finally…. the big weekend for woodworkr's Corvette Cruise for Cancer has almost arrived. Is anyone from New Mexico driving over to attend this event? I will be leaving Albuquerque around 9AM Saturday morning, November 10th. I will be getting off at Holbrook and taking the shortcut through Payson. This saves at least an hour and about 100 miles. I've driven this route three times and it is just great. If anyone is going and wants to travel together… please answer here and email me at ryoungda@qwest.net

See you Phoenix guys tomorrow! Bryan… have you set up another Hooter's Get Together?
Old 11-09-2001, 02:31 PM
EvilDeed
Safety Car

Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Albuquerque to Phoenix Nov 10th (The Wanderer)

I think it's sooo :cool: that you participate in the events way over here. I'm looking forward to tipping one back with you on Sunday.

Take care and drive safe,

Jim

If you find that you need anything once you get here, give me a call.

602-741-8326 (mobile)
Old 11-09-2001, 08:53 PM
joshc
Instructor

Default Re: Albuquerque to Phoenix Nov 10th (EvilDeed)

I'll buy the first round for anybody like the Wanderer from out of state, way to go :cheers:
I'll be there at 6:00am helping Joe get set up, if anybody is lost
928-220-3789 cell
Josh
Old 11-10-2001, 03:47 AM
Jim Davis/Nasty1
Instructor

Default Re: Albuquerque to Phoenix Nov 10th (joshc)

Wanderer,
It's great that you are making this trip! :yesnod: We will see you Sunday!
Jim & Karen :seeya
Old 11-10-2001, 08:43 AM
woodworkr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Albuquerque to Phoenix Nov 10th (The Wanderer)

I am really looking forward to shaking the hands of all of those that are taking time out of their Sunday and participating in this event, especially those that are traveling such great distances to do it. Like a man told me "Its not the Car that makes the Corvette the greatest American Sports car, its the people that own and drive them."

Just to let you all know, this thing has really expolded all of a sudden. I have 155 cars pre-registered, at least 20 have taken registration forms from Cocomo Joe's and I think at least another 20+ are going to come and register on Sunday. I think that this is going to be the largest motorcade cruise that this Valley has ever seen. It is going to be an awsome specticle to see all of those Corvettes in a line on the freeway. Gee do you think that we will turn any heads??? :rolleyes:

The warm up band that had backed out of preforming 2 days ago called me last night and said that there had been a change of plans with 2 of the band members and will be able to preform afterall. This is a 5 piece jazz band. At first I thought it was going to be elevator music but after hearing thier CD I invited them to preform and the opening act to Alonzo and Mango Mango. They are not quite as energetic as Alonzo but will be a good way to get you started for the main act.

On a more somber note, tomorrow marks the second month since the World Trade Disaster. There will definately be some time set out for a moment of silence for the victums and their families.

I think that about wraps it up for now. The phone is still ringing and the emails keep comming in for people looking to pre register. So needless to say the past few days have been totally hectic, between that doctor appointments and meetings with people putting the final touches on the event. But it's all come down to this ladys and gentleman, tomorrow morning this time we will be setting up and getting ready for the run. Can't wait to meet and thank you all in person, and I hope that you all have a great time.
See you Tomorrow.
Joe Bria

PS I can be reached all day today to sign any up that have not yet done so, either email me with the information or you can call my home or Cell. I will give that information out via email. Thanks again to all.

Get notified of new replies

To Albuquerque to Phoenix Nov 10th

Quick Reply: Albuquerque to Phoenix Nov 10th