Cruise In I Veteran
Cruise In II Veteran
Cruise In III Veteran
Cruise In IV Veteran
Cruise In V Veteran
Cruise In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

Default Corvetteforum local events

We've always held the belief that we're here to provide the means for everyone to set up their own events. We're not trying to be another NCCC. There are plenty of good local clubs already to set up autocrosses and such.

I was thinking the other day that we could probably do more to help with local events though. I was thinking that we could put together kits for local events. We could send out some free t-shirts to give away or raffle. We could also send out banners to display.

What else do you think would make sense? I'm looking for ideas.

One thing that we thought of doing a long time ago was holding some sort of Corvetteforum National Drag Racing night. We could have local clubs go to various tracks all on the same night and report the results live on the site. How many would be interested in something like this?
Old 11-10-2001, 12:10 PM
Sonic
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Corvetteforum local events (Troy Roberts)

I think both the promotional packages given to local clubs and the drag racing night is an excellent idea. The drag racing night would develop a lot of enthusiasm I feel, especially amongst all the trash talkers on the forum(lets see if they actually show :p:) The drag racing night would also be cool because you could win at your local level and possibly at the national forum level given many an extra chance to be a winner.

I had no idea the forum could have enough funding to send out banners and things to clubs all across the nation though. If so, you make more off those ads than I thought. :crazy:

Good idea Troy.
<place brown nose t-shirt image here> :lol:
Old 11-10-2001, 01:02 PM
Troy Roberts
CF Co-Founder
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise In I Veteran
Cruise In II Veteran
Cruise In III Veteran
Cruise In IV Veteran
Cruise In V Veteran
Cruise In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

Default Re: Corvetteforum local events (Sonic)

I had no idea the forum could have enough funding to send out banners and things to clubs all across the nation though. If so, you make more off those ads than I thought. :crazy:

Good idea Troy.
<place brown nose t-shirt image here> :lol:
They'll have to be cheap banners! :D
Old 11-10-2001, 01:19 PM
theanswriz42
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08, '15

I really think it's a great idea and a wonderful way to promote the forum. And it would be cool to possibly win a t-shirt :)
Old 11-10-2001, 01:40 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

I like your thinking. I'd like to think that the sponsers can help on a local basis. Granted, I'm fortunate to live in Houston where we have outstanding Forum Sponsors. By the way, I'm not talking more money from them. I'm thinking more of helping with local logistics and implementation. Forum "sponsored" dyno days and annual car shows might be another idea.

You asked for ideas, you know what they say about "be careful what you ask for". :cheers:
Old 11-10-2001, 03:54 PM
JWSchmidt3
Race Director

Default Re: Corvetteforum local events (jschindler)

Troy, great idea. I guess, in a way, our club has already started some of that here in Houston with the Sam Houston Corvette Club. In fact, I write an article for our monthly "Corvetter" as the CorvetteForum ambassador and organize events between the two. If you'd like to discuss more options, send me an email or call me. Send me your mailing address and we'll include you on the mailing list for our Corvetter. :cheers:
Old 11-10-2001, 06:16 PM
thrills
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Moderatrix
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Troy, I think this is a great idea too! BTW, one of the Blue Thunder members looked at getting us 2'x4' vinyl banners. They were about $25 each if you had more than 20 or something like that. If you're interested in talking to him more in depth about these email me at wyldeone1@yahoo.com

I'm working on getting some blue thunder window clings, can you also send me the info about the vendor that does the forum ones?
Old 11-10-2001, 07:31 PM
Team Owner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Being a business man I'm always thinking in a business mode.
You guys need to get with some high volume chevy or Vette dealers in the country, I bet together you guys can come up with some cool events.
As you know a vette is sold every day, could be a great way for the new Vette owner to get acquainted with the forum. Not to mention advertisements opportunities for both parties :)
Old 11-11-2001, 09:40 AM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Location: Former NCM Drag Racing coordinator, National director Corvette Challenge Spring Hill, Tennessee: Whiting, New Jersey
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Troy, thats a great Idea but what the rest of the country should try to do is copy what we do here in Jersey with our Cartek Corvette Challenge. This is the premiere Corvette ONLY DRAG RACING SERIES. I know the guys in TEXAS tried and failed to run a similar series and I have challengened other groups to duplicate what we have.
As race coordinator I am very proud of what this group as accomplished this year. The racing has been on the highest level and 99% of the participants are forum members.
Please feel free to contact me for any assistance and checkout our web site. (link in sig). I know you can make this work on a national level the same way we have done in the NORTHEAST.
Good luck!
Thanks, John Mackey
PS, I'm looking for sponcers for next year, we are totally selffunded, this could be another great promational tool for the forum and it's sponcers.
Thanks again, JM.

Old 11-11-2001, 08:06 PM
99 Corvette
Drifting

We could send out some free t-shirts to give away or raffle
Raffles are illegal :nono: :nono: :nono: (at least in OK)
I know I'd be willing to head down to the DFW area for a Forum event. I always want to attend our events but they are to far for me this would be a perfect chance for me.

Jerry

[Modified by 99 Corvette, 6:06 PM 11/11/2001]
Old 11-12-2001, 11:32 PM
theanswriz42
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08, '15

Default Re: Corvetteforum local events (99 Corvette)

I know I'd be willing to head down to the DFW area for a Forum event. I always want to attend our events but they are to far for me this would be a perfect chance for me.

Jerry
Yes come to the DFW area, then it's easier to find a ride :lol:

I think it would be really neat to meet up with a large group of forum members :)

Get notified of new replies

To Corvetteforum local events

Quick Reply: Corvetteforum local events