Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Post-event report: Corvette Cruise for Cancer

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 02:06 AM
Sam Lin
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Post-event report: Corvette Cruise for Cancer

We had an incredible time at this event, the sheer number of cars that showed up for both the parade and the following show were stunning. Over 130 gorgeous Corvettes were present, representing all years of production. I got to see my first limited-production purple C5, as well as numerous spotless 60s and 70s Vettes.

Many thanks to Joe Bria for setting this whole thing up, it couldn't have gone better. The weather was absolutely perfect for it, the location was great, the entertainment and food were excellent. Thanks also to the police who were present to help guide the parade and watch the show. They made the whole thing go smoothly and insured a fun time for all.

It was quite a sight to see, Corvettes leading off as far as the road was visible. I estimate 2-3 miles of Corvettes. The police were on Harleys, and the parade was just a perfect exhibition of American Muscle. Lots of people stopped to watch us go by, lots of people waved. It was a bunch of fun.

I'm enthusiastically looking forward to next year's event!!

Thanks again Joe!!! :seeya

Sam
Old 11-12-2001, 09:25 AM
woodworkr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Post-event report: Corvette Cruise for Cancer (Sam Lin)

Thanks Sam, and thanks to all that attended the event. I thought that everything went pretty smooth though the course of the day. What Sam said about the line of cars was incredable. As far as the eye could see there was nothing but Corvettes, and with the Harleys in the lead :yesnod: well it just doesn't get much better then that. Again as Sam said a pretty good display of American Muscle and Iron.

Next year I can almost promise a better and bigger event. We had 50 pre-registered no shows, but I guess that has to be expected. Had all of the 175 pre registered cars been there I would estimate the line of cars to be in the 3 to 4 mile range. As it was when we returned to the show lot I think it took close to 20 minutes to get them all in and parked :D

I am very proud to say that with your help and willingness to give and help others, you along with John C. Linclon hospital and the sub contractors of SunCorp corp we managed to get a preliminary total of $6900 with more still coming in. I had intended to step to the mike yesterday during the second of the 2 bands and make the thank you announcements but the crowd thinned a bit early and Mango Mango did not go on. I would like to take the opportunity now to thank some people:
John C. Lincoln Hospitan
Joan and George Hinson for putting me in touch with the right people in John C. Lincoln Hospital.
Josh Crothers for not only getting the sub contractors of SunCorp corp to make a sizeable donation, but for the work that he put into this project without ever questioning and for his sence of judgement which I relied upon more then once in putting this all together.
The Maricopa county Sheriffs Deputies and Posse members for making it a trouble free day and for keeping us all together. They had their hands full. I have already been aproached by the deputies for meetings on next year :D
To the staff of Cocomo Joe's for thier willingness to work with me on the event and suppling all that they did for us.
And last but no least Mr. Mike Mastro and his entire exeuctive staff, for without their assistance none of this would have been possible. Mr. Mastro enjoys giving to the community and has stated to me that his entire corporation is ready willing and able to do what ever it takes to make next years event an even bigger success.
To the staff of the forum, moderators, and Troy for putting my event up on the front page for the exposure.
And of course to all of you, the members and participants that attended and backed the project from the very beginning. You made it all worth while.
Thank you again all and I am very proud to be a member of this tight knit group called the CorvetteForum.com.
Joe Bria
Old 11-12-2001, 01:51 PM
Chris Fowler
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'10

Default Re: Post-event report: Corvette Cruise for Cancer (woodworkr)

Sounds like a great time at a well organized event. :yesnod:

I'm sorry I live too far away to participate. :(

Get notified of new replies

To Post-event report: Corvette Cruise for Cancer

Quick Reply: Post-event report: Corvette Cruise for Cancer