Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

RB Texas Stampede Registration OPEN!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 05:15 PM
jtkeller
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Great time guys! What happened to the other vette?
Old 01-28-2008, 05:32 PM
youngturk
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jtkeller
Great time guys! What happened to the other vette?
He decided not to come when his girlfriend couldn't take Friday off (again) after my "we're rescheduling" and then "we're back on!" emails.

It was great to meet you and your brother Michael and ride the Raging Bull with you. You and your brother are very funny guys! It was such a pleasure having you with us.

I think we rode the Bull hard, don't you think? There was something new and interesting happening every few hours. Also, I don't think I-10 will ever be the same after you.

I must also say all the Corvette guys were just great. Your company added so much fun to the group. It was a great pleasure to have you among us.

Stay safe until next time.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:47 PM
TEXASRANGER
HOOK-EM HORNS

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 696 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Yes, a great time. Really enjoyed meeting everyone. Ordered new springs today, getting the Z06 springs as Bobby at LG says will help me a lot against bottoming out and also getting the Koni FSD's.

I was looking at the hard 8 drive and that looked pretty fun. I made it home, 98 miles, 1 hour 15 min......only saw one cop and I made him before he made me....
Old 01-28-2008, 09:28 PM
jtkeller
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '07

Yes, we rode the bull hard. Just ordered new heads, cam and fast intake to hold those '08's at bay a bit longer and to make next years run even more exciting! Should put down about 500rwhp... watch out Scott!
Old 01-28-2008, 09:37 PM
TEXASRANGER
HOOK-EM HORNS

Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

I am also upgrading.......just a little. Taking it to LG middle of Feb. as I have all the mods except the cam....

Here is the idle sound clip and idle Video from the G7-XX cam (double X Cam)

This is the "Cam Only" car with just LG Cam, LG Pro Long tube headers and KB Air filter with the Stock Muffler and the "Remote Man Switch" in the loud position.

581 rwhp 521 rwtq with just these three mods and a tune. (Cam Only Package)

Thanks
LG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpe1wVBRkVE
Old 01-28-2008, 10:29 PM
Boost_TT
Racer

Hey guys. It was great to meet you all. This is Russ with the NISMO Z. Yea the one you guys passed on I-10 making me feel slow. haha.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:34 PM
TEXASRANGER
HOOK-EM HORNS

Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

It was great to meet you as well. Your a class act for sure, your ride is very nice as well. Hope to see you on the next run.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:39 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Now that this years event is history, can some one post the route ?
Old 01-29-2008, 12:11 AM
youngturk
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
Now that this years event is history, can some one post the route ?
I do not share maps of the route either before or after the event. Moreover, I have requested that no one reprint, copy, duplicate, publish, or publicly distribute in any way the maps and routes in order that authorities not learn of possible/potential routes which could be used in future drives. The total route over three days was 748 miles long from San Marcos back to San Marcos. The maps covering this route is 51 pages so it's not practical to post it anywhere anyway. Only those who attend the Stampede get a set of maps. Those are the rules which we need to follow in order to reduce threats for future drives.

P.S. On a separate subject, I have never understood why some clubs openly post routes/maps in advance of a drive. It's virtually an open invitation for law enforcement to pick the best place to set up shop in advance and cut tickets.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:29 AM
downhil
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

I had a great time.

Can't wait for next year!
Old 01-29-2008, 07:37 AM
TEXASRANGER
HOOK-EM HORNS

Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by youngturk
I do not share maps of the route either before or after the event. Moreover, I have requested that no one reprint, copy, duplicate, publish, or publicly distribute in any way the maps and routes in order that authorities not learn of possible/potential routes which could be used in future drives. The total route over three days was 748 miles long from San Marcos back to San Marcos. The maps covering this route is 51 pages so it's not practical to post it anywhere anyway. Only those who attend the Stampede get a set of maps. Those are the rules which we need to follow in order to reduce threats for future drives.

P.S. On a separate subject, I have never understood why some clubs openly post routes/maps in advance of a drive. It's virtually an open invitation for law enforcement to pick the best place to set up shop in advance and cut tickets.

I have been on quite a few run's with fellow vette owners and they have always been a blast, but this was this best run, SAFEST ran run period that I have ever been on. No one had any ideal where we would be until right before each run when new maps were given out. Maps were detailed as to where bumps, pot holes etc and other hazards were. The tourmaster is a SUPER STAR.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:55 AM
Boost_TT
Racer

^ 100x. John is one of the best tourmasters you will meet.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:01 AM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by youngturk

Just sent you a p/m.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:02 AM
spill
8th Gear

Hey guys.. John in the G35 coupe... just wanted to get in a late "yeah, that was a great time", as well. Pleasure driving with all of you, and certainly looking forward to the next one. Only thing I feel bad at this point was about was not making it on Friday afternoon.

And TR, thanks for letting me feel like what +200HP feels like. Trying to work out a deal with the "appropriations committee" here at home at the moment...
Old 02-01-2008, 04:16 PM
TEXASRANGER
HOOK-EM HORNS

Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by spill
Hey guys.. John in the G35 coupe... just wanted to get in a late "yeah, that was a great time", as well. Pleasure driving with all of you, and certainly looking forward to the next one. Only thing I feel bad at this point was about was not making it on Friday afternoon.

And TR, thanks for letting me feel like what +200HP feels like. Trying to work out a deal with the "appropriations committee" here at home at the moment...
John, it was a pleasure putting pressure on your rear
Old 02-01-2008, 05:29 PM
Boost_TT
Racer

And I missed out on that?!
Old 02-19-2008, 09:04 PM
youngturk
Intermediate

Hey guys, pictures from the Stampede can be viewed here.

To get the best tour of the event, I suggest you click on the first thumbnail and then click on the 'Next' button to advance to the next picture. The pictures are in chronological order for the most part.

Enjoy!

The Tourmaster

Quick Reply: RB Texas Stampede Registration OPEN!