Originally Posted by MarkRx
someone didnt read the whole thread!
ok..I read it....so?
Old 12-16-2009, 11:38 PM
God-speed
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SPDaylightFan
I don't know what world some of you guys are living in but my experience with Shannon and William at Corvette Palace was just amazing. I bought my '00 coupe 6 years ago sight unseen and fly down from Buffalo to pick it up. Yes, I agree their cars are 5% overpriced... but so what!!! Their vettes are the cream of the crop. My car looked like it just came off the assembly line. Every car I saw their was the same ... just perfect. William did not like the condition of my battery when he started it up for me when I went to pick it up ... so he popped in a new one.

About 6 months after I bought the car I wanted an optima red top in the vette. I lost the radio programming in the process, my own fault. Shannon spent 20 minutes, on her dime, on the phone with me walking me through the unlocking process. She did the same on a small problem with a window motor about a year later.

My experience with Corvette Palace: I cannot think of anything they should or could have done better.

Highly reccommended.
Once again!!!
Old 12-17-2009, 05:28 AM
MarkRx
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

shannon? she?
Old 12-17-2009, 08:24 AM
LaMagred02
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkRx
shannon? she?

yes....she
Old 12-17-2009, 09:03 AM
2manyvetts
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I once visited Corvette Palace on my way back to Dallas(April 2007).

A showroom of very nice vettes and alot of arrogance.

Hard to stay afloat in this economy with that attitude.

Did not surprise me that they eventually folded.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Cozmo
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
CentralTX Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Wow, this thread keeps going and going and going. Kinda like the Energizer bunny.

Some folks have had less than positive experiences there and some have had great experiences. I guess it doesn't really matter any more as they are no longer in business.

I wish them well in their new endeavor.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:23 PM
MarkRx
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Cozmo
Wow, this thread keeps going and going and going. Kinda like the Energizer bunny.

Some folks have had less than positive experiences there and some have had great experiences. I guess it doesn't really matter any more as they are no longer in business.

bingo
Old 12-17-2009, 02:23 PM
2manyvetts
Racer

It tells a person something when a business continually is slammed long after the doors have been closed. WOW !
Old 12-17-2009, 05:15 PM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Cozmo

Old 12-17-2009, 07:18 PM
LaMagred02
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2manyvetts
It tells a person something when a business continually is slammed long after the doors have been closed. WOW !
Many here are not slamming it....as are many satisfied customers not on here.....
Old 12-17-2009, 07:45 PM
God-speed
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LaMagred02
Many here are not slamming it....as are many satisfied customers not on here.....
Yet again, this is TRUE!!
Old 01-01-2010, 12:01 PM
26andcounting
2nd Gear

I cant believe all of you people who pick on these dealers because of a few bad posts. I have bought 6 Corvettes from them over the last few years and all I can say is I'm VERY happy. The knowledge that these people have about Corvettes is amazing. NO ONE who has seen their cars in person will deny they are the cleanest used Corvettes on the planet. You get what you pay for. I have atleast 4 friends who live all over the country who have bought sight unseen from them. They handled everything including delivery to the front door without a hitch. Everyone of my friends was shocked at just how clean the cars were. You can always find cheaper prices on anything if you look hard enough. Do you guys pick on the guys selling Rolex watches because you've seen them cheaper online or because you don't want to spend the money. I know for a fact that these guys have sold THOUSANDS of Corvettes over the years so the fact that I see a few people with very little to do with their time( Markrx) amazes me. My experience was always perfect and I will miss them. P.S.- The reason they closed was because they bought some new car franchise stores. Maybe they can clean up GM now.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:28 PM
TEXASRANGER
HOOK-EM HORNS

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 696 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

This is a post from Austin yelp in sept.
It matches my experience with them.

I would rather have all of my skin removed with a potato peeler and be immersed in bleach for three weeks while Celine Dion blares in the background than buy a car from these arrogant snobs.

First off, I will give Palace credit for scouring the nation for low-mileage vehicles and putting a roof over their hoods. *However, this is where my praise ends. *Corvette Palace is an elitist, pompous organization that is very much the opposite of customer-oriented.

I went in to look at a specific car, which I had researched beforehand. *I knew the mileage of the car, the asking price, and the installed options, which should clearly differentiate me from some jackass who just wants to take one of their cars for a test drive, ride it hard, and put it away wet. *Rather, I wanted to find out a little more about the atomic orange C6 with 8,500 miles, to see if it looked well-taken-care-of, and to see what the GPS interface looked like.

After I arrived, I spent several minutes wandering around the showroom alone before someone came to help me. *No big deal - I generally don't want to be mauled by an overzealous car salesman as soon as I open the door anyway, so I let that slide.

Once a salesman approached me, I asked if the car I was looking at was the one with X miles and Y options to confirm that it was the same ride I saw online and to convey that I was serious in my search for a car. *When I inquired about the GPS, however, things took an odd turn. *The salesman retrieved the keys, jumped in, and let me look over his shoulder while he gave a 12-second demo of the navigation. *

"Okay, can I get in the car so that I can see the screen?" I asked.

"No, you'll run the battery down."

What?? *I laughed nervously, thinking he was making a bad joke. *He just stared blankly at me. *After a brief awkward moment, I realized he was serious. *I explained that I had been looking for a C6 for over a month, and that this one fit the description of what I wanted and that it was in my target price range, and that I just wanted to see the nav interface because I wasn't sure if that was a feature that I wanted or not.

"Do you want to buy a car or a radio?" he smugly replied.

Frustrated, I decided that I'd had enough. *"Okay, then I guess I'm going to leave now," I muttered.

As I got to the door, I thought I should at least find out what jackass salesman was treating me so rudely so that I had the option of alerting management that he was driving off business. *I turned around, and politely mentioned that I hadn't caught his name, without any implication in my speech that I doubted his title.

"My name is William, and I'm the owner," he presumptuously snapped at me, mid-sentence.

"Okay, William, there's really no need to be a dick to your customers."

Yeah, maybe I crossed a line there, but I didn't use any of the words that I wanted to call him, and he had definitely earned the title 'dick.' *He proceeded to tell me that I could leave now and kept repeating "buh-bye" over and over as he gave me a four-fingered mitten-wave that you would use when parting with a newborn.

Never before in my life have I had a company tell me - to my face, nonetheless - that they didn't want my business. *This is their idea of customer service??! *I have actually heard other accounts of customers going through similar treatment, and I would absolutely discourage ANYONE from doing business with them.

***UPDATE: Corvette Palace has "retired from the Corvette world to pursue other business interests that have presented new and exciting challenges." *I can only assume that these new challenges include unloading all of their inventory in Mexico, trying to figure out how acting like complete *******s didn't make for a good business model, and carefully hand crafting the perfect hot dogs next door at Weinerschnitzel.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:25 PM
26andcounting
2nd Gear

Well 5 or so unhappy customers and 5000 or so that are happy. Pretty good ratio.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:32 PM
TEXASRANGER
HOOK-EM HORNS

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 696 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by 26andcounting
Well 5 or so unhappy customers and 5000 or so that are happy. Pretty good ratio.
They may have been hoodwinking Yankees, which is easy to do, but I would like to meet 5 happy people from Austin.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:21 PM
elitebomberX
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TEXASRANGER
They may have been hoodwinking Yankees, which is easy to do, but I would like to meet 5 happy people from Austin.
I could only imagine the treatment I would have gotten if I walked in there wearing my Def Leppard t-shirt being a young guy. They probably would have told me to GTFO.

I saved myself $5,000 easy by not buying from there. The car was no where near the cleanliness of their fine showcase automobiles (in fact it looked like mother nature had just taken a giant dump on it), but I cleaned it nice myself.

Shop at Knapp Chevrolet in Houston!

I walked in there with my Def Leppard T-shirt and was like where the hell is the Corvette I saw on Auto Trader. Some guy approached me and showed it to me. I then asked him a ton of questions in which he admitted he didn't know **** and couldn't answer my questions. He asked me if I wanted to drive it (he read my mind). He didn't care if I had full coverage or not. I drove it. I bought it. While waiting for the dealership to prep the car, the guy then proceeded to tell me his entire life story about how his wife left him and he had to pay to get a woman impregnated so he could have a kid. It was really awkward, but I didn't give a **** because I just bought a Corvette.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:55 PM
MarkRx
Safety Car

Glad i could amaze you 26andcounting!

Quick Reply: Corvette Palace - Austin Tx.