Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Corvette Palace - Austin Tx.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 06:18 PM
MarkRx
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Corvette Palace - Austin Tx.

This is more of a vent if anything. I've been inside corvette palace twice in my lifetime. first time i didn't know anything about corvettes an was seeking their opinion about a 1lt or 3lt car. they said they won't even touch a 1lt car and it's the cheap way to get into a corvette.

I walk in today and notice a 1lt car right off the bat. a regular sales guy asks if i need help, i told him i was there to look. we start talking about pricing and he completely dodges my question. i ask again and he goes back to the 1lt saying it's a 60k msrp car and he's selling it for $43k firm. I told him my 08 1lt was a 50k msrp car and i got it at GMS. He thought i was yanking his chain. I then asked how he felt about swapping wheels on his $62k 08 Z06 and he said he would sell me some repros at around $2k. i told him the 08 chrome Z wheels are a $1,995 option when you buy one new and he said that they are $3000. later on he went on to say that the wheels were $1500 a PIECE. this is when i told him i've heard and seen enough and walked off. I didn't even make an offer on their cars. they have anywhere from a $5k-10k markup on them. worse than carmax!! if the owner is reading this, you need to fire that guy. I couldn't take any more of his . I'll buy a car from you, but i'm not paying $10k for your detail job
Old 04-03-2009, 08:12 PM
rjacobs
Melting Slicks

Received 521 Likes on 394 Posts

I know we have talked about this in the past, why would you still go in there? All of their cars are nice, but most are 7k plus over market value. They also are very arrogant and elitest about their cars i.e. 1LT cars suck, anything less than 3LT is no good, etc... I bought my 1LT 07 for about 4k less than their 05s they had and about 10k less than their 07s.

Oh, IBTL because they are not a vendor here.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:27 PM
MarkRx
Safety Car

i'm not advertising anything... if anything i'm telling people to do their homework before they shop there, unless they have $10 to throw away. heck, i'll find you the same car for $5k less, and make a $5k profit mysef lol. there's an **** for every seat, they won't see me in there again.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:52 PM
jrpedraza
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rjacobs
I know we have talked about this in the past, why would you still go in there? All of their cars are nice, but most are 7k plus over market value. They also are very arrogant and elitest about their cars i.e. 1LT cars suck, anything less than 3LT is no good, etc... I bought my 1LT 07 for about 4k less than their 05s they had and about 10k less than their 07s.

Oh, IBTL because they are not a vendor here.
they're the type of dealer that turns people off; they may have nice cars but even in a good ecomony they are entirely too 'proud' of their vehicles. I've only been in there once, they didn't like me touching there cars so I walked out and have never returned.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:06 PM
Cozmo
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
CentralTX Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

I've only been in there once and have no plans on returning.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:17 AM
TEXASRANGER
HOOK-EM HORNS

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 696 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Been in once and will never go back.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:02 PM
golfinz
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow...sorry to hear Mark. When I bought mine from them, they were awesome to work with. I worked exclusively with William, the owner, and even though he was busy, he took time to make sure I was happy. Hope you find your Z soon though
Old 04-04-2009, 05:55 PM
1 BAD ZR1
Full size member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 33 Posts

Damn, Mark. Is it your time of the month or what? Just go change your pad and hurry up and buy a vette so you can be a man again.

Originally Posted by MarkRx
This is more of a vent if anything. I've been inside corvette palace twice in my lifetime. first time i didn't know anything about corvettes an was seeking their opinion about a 1lt or 3lt car. they said they won't even touch a 1lt car and it's the cheap way to get into a corvette.

I walk in today and notice a 1lt car right off the bat. a regular sales guy asks if i need help, i told him i was there to look. we start talking about pricing and he completely dodges my question. i ask again and he goes back to the 1lt saying it's a 60k msrp car and he's selling it for $43k firm. I told him my 08 1lt was a 50k msrp car and i got it at GMS. He thought i was yanking his chain. I then asked how he felt about swapping wheels on his $62k 08 Z06 and he said he would sell me some repros at around $2k. i told him the 08 chrome Z wheels are a $1,995 option when you buy one new and he said that they are $3000. later on he went on to say that the wheels were $1500 a PIECE. this is when i told him i've heard and seen enough and walked off. I didn't even make an offer on their cars. they have anywhere from a $5k-10k markup on them. worse than carmax!! if the owner is reading this, you need to fire that guy. I couldn't take any more of his . I'll buy a car from you, but i'm not paying $10k for your detail job
Old 04-09-2009, 12:20 PM
jam313
Instructor

Been there once, will never go back.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:50 AM
Rgd2424
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Been there once. Never to go back.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:32 AM
MarkRx
Safety Car

he came down $3k, 7k more to go !
Old 04-12-2009, 03:42 AM
tail_lights
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 210 Posts

Never been there but never plan to either, too many horror stories on this forum about them.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:03 PM
redrckt97
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I am really surprised to see the negative posts about Corvette Palace. A year ago, my brother flew down from KC to Houston and we drove up to Austin to look at a car he had seen at CP online ... we were treated very professionally and cordially. William and Shannon (owners) were great to deal with and took all the time we wanted to look and ask questions - he even gave me some good advice about some issues I had with my C5. I was impressed with how perfect and low miles all of their cars were - I think they deal mostly with customers looking for perfect cars rather than the very lowest price - their prices are a little higher than most but I felt like they were very trustworthy and that is worth a lot. My brother did buy the car and the transaction went great and the car has been perfect.
I see that Many of the CP customers buy sight-unseen and thats likely the only place I'd trust to do that.
Its disappointing to hear these bad reports - but I would sure give them a shot when I am ready for my next Vette.

not saying you guys are wrong - just thought it was fair to tell a different view
Old 04-12-2009, 04:40 PM
bhoch
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I don't know.. I purchased my '00 coupe from them in '07. For me, they were great to work with. I also was in a few (4 or 5) times before I started to talk with them and did not have any issues.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Vette_Minded
Drifting

My wife and I went into Corvette Palace about a month ago on a Saturday Afternoon about 20 minutes before closing. We told Brian (I think that was his name) that we wanted to look around and that we were leaning towards buying a used Vette. I also told him that we weren't going to buy until the end of the year. We looked at several cars while he finished up with a customer. when he got back to us we talked for at least 20 minutes. He answered all our questions and showed us a couple more cars. He was very polit and professional. He handed me a card as we walked out the door and said to give'em a call if we had any questions. We noticed as we walked out that they closed at 4:00 and it was almost 4:30 when we left. Even though we told him we weren't ready to buy he still talked to us and we were not hurried at all.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:14 PM
texasriverguy
Instructor

Default Good Experience

I had a very good experience there. Bought my rig from William. Ironed out a couple of bugs he probably didn't have to and gave me a fair price on an extra clean vert. I don't know who's keeping score but complaints tell as much about the complainor as the complainee.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:29 PM
EVIL
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

This topic has been brought up numerous times over the years, and routinely it's the same kinds of feedback; Corvette Palace was "snobbish", oblivious to market trends on their pricing, and has lackluster customer service. I'm not sure if it's their way of weeding out the "players" from the tire kickers, or they simply don't give a **** about alienating potential buyers, but you'd think all the negative feedback would prompt some kind of fundamental shift in customer service... I guess not.

I have a similar story, I went in twice on seperate occasions years ago and was treated "snobbishly" (for lack of a better adjective) each time. I felt it was because I was in my mid 20's at the time with full sleeve tattoos, but don't know the reason for sure. Either way I never bought from them and instead bought a 99 C5 and 02 Z06 from Capitol Chevy, a Chevelle from Corvette Country, and a couple Vipers elsewhere. I get that most 25 year olds aren't pulling down close to six figures with a 750 FICO, but some are... Sucks for them they can't tell which are which or they might have made a sale or two. I've never been back, never intend to.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Palace - Austin Tx.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:38 PM
yakisoba
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I go there sometimes to look at nice cars. However, their prices seem high to me. They tend to fail the comparative shopping test, and thus I've not bought from them.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:44 PM
dbirdz06
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot of bad press in here. Do any of them frequent CF?
Old 05-06-2009, 03:19 PM
JDaniel
Senior Badass!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

I bought my '99 FRC from them in 2006 for $26,500. The price was a little over $2500 more than any other of the FRCs I could find... but the one I bought had only 17,000 miles on it and was PERFECT!

Only thing that I didnt like was that he told me my 2003 KB Cobra was only worth $20,500 and would be luck to get that for it in the end. I didnt care because I owed a lot less on the Cobra than that so I let it go for that price. A week later I seen it on a Austin import site lister for sale at $32,000! They called it a high HP SUPERCAR and gave it all kinds of credit.

Anyhoo... They treated me good though. I was kinda bothered that they wanted to check my credit before I drove the car. I have better credit than the owner most likely and he wanted to question mine? I let it pass. 20 minutes later I drove out with the car and have been happy ever since.

Quick Reply: Corvette Palace - Austin Tx.