Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada
View Poll Results: Would the Phoenix area benefit from the addition of another performance shop? Why?
Yes
20.00%
No
60.00%
Depends on the location (state where you would like to see a shop)
16.00%
Unsure
4.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

New shop in the Phoenix area?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 03:04 AM
sydneyACE
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Default New shop in the Phoenix area?

Does anyone think the Phoenix area would benefit from the addition of another shop that specializes in performance modding?
Old 12-21-2009, 05:29 PM
Tintin
Cartoon Character
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most of the late model guys in this area consider the addition of body coloured panels to the engine and interior to be extreme mods that everyone will think are cool...I have seen very few cars with blowers or turbos and almost no one with suspension mods. There are an enormous number of tuner shops in the Phoenix metro as well that are already established so unless you have a serious background in motorsport, I would wait until less than 60% of the houses are mortgaged for more than their current value... just an opinion.. If you know the area, you know that the late model Corvette group in the majority are retired older guys and that the younger guys are in European and Japanese. Older people typically do not mod for speed..
Once again , just observations. You will do better catering to the 90% and not the 10% - there are lots of tuners for those guys... On the other hand it is your money and if you are looking for a location, I would pick Scottsdale or Tatum/101 as there are a lot of people with money to spend in those locations..
Old 12-21-2009, 07:56 PM
eudlose
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tintin
If you know the area, you know that the late model Corvette group in the majority are retired older guys and that the younger guys are in European and Japanese. Older people typically do not mod for speed..
Old 12-21-2009, 10:10 PM
2KROADSTER
Instructor

Most of the late model guys in this area consider the addition of body coloured panels to the engine and interior to be extreme mods that everyone will think are cool...I have seen very few cars with blowers or turbos and almost no one with suspension mods. There are an enormous number of tuner shops in the Phoenix metro as well that are already established so unless you have a serious background in motorsport, I would wait until less than 60% of the houses are mortgaged for more than their current value... just an opinion.. If you know the area, you know that the late model Corvette group in the majority are retired older guys and that the younger guys are in European and Japanese. Older people typically do not mod for speed..
Once again , just observations. You will do better catering to the 90% and not the 10% - there are lots of tuners for those guys... On the other hand it is your money and if you are looking for a location, I would pick Scottsdale or Tatum/101 as there are a lot of people with money to spend in those locations..
I agree for the most part with Tintin's observation, and would offer a suggestion. To get a better idea of need, stop by the Pavillions (Hwy. 101 and Indian Bend in Scottsdale) on a Saturday afternoon/evening.Its called the Rock & Roll Car Show and you'll run into a pretty good contingent of vette owners in the valley. Better still, the weekend of the Jackson Barrett Auction is absolutely crazy there. You'll see an incredible collection of muscle cars, from local and across the country. Lots of fun and a great opportunity to explore your passion for cars. Good luck!
Old 12-21-2009, 11:05 PM
jstrutt
Racer

Most of the late model guys in this area consider the addition of body coloured panels to the engine and interior to be extreme mods that everyone will think are cool..... If you know the area, you know that the late model Corvette group in the majority are retired older guys and that the younger guys are in European and Japanese. Older people typically do not mod for speed..
Once again , just observations.
Either you are blind or totally stupid? Take your choice.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:16 AM
Bigfoot99
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone tard sure isn't paying too close attention.

I know many guys with HC packages, SC and TT set-ups.

Don't blab on what you don't know.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:00 AM
P51tj
Pro

"Most of the late model guys in this area consider the addition of body coloured panels to the engine and interior to be extreme mods that everyone will think are cool...I have seen very few cars with blowers or turbos and almost no one with suspension mods. .. If you know the area, you know that the late model Corvette group in the majority are retired older guys and that the younger guys are in European and Japanese. Older people typically do not mod for speed.."

Guess it's time to have my hip replaced.
You just hangin in the wrong places, and no need for a new shop!

Last edited by P51tj; 12-22-2009 at 01:06 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:45 AM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by sydneyACE
Does anyone think the Phoenix area would benefit from the addition of another shop that specializes in performance modding?
So if you just can't take another cold winter, spend a month here and check it out yourself. You can stay in my neighbor's old house that just got bank repoed for nearly free. Just change the address number and street sign to confuse the bank for awhile.

Older people typically do not mod for speed..
Once again , just observations.
Either I and a bunch of my friends need to de-mod our Vettes to fit your observations, or you need to come out of your cave and find a good optometrist.
I guess you know where the cars shows are, but have you been to any of the tracks?
Old 12-22-2009, 02:26 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '09

if you are looking for a location, I would pick Scottsdale or Tatum/101 as there are a lot of people with money to spend in those locations..
Yeah no one outside of snottsdale has any money!

Old 12-22-2009, 05:03 AM
Big Tom
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sydneyACE
Should I post a JOKE?
Old 12-22-2009, 08:37 AM
eddie44
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03

What can I add besides someone doesn't have a clue!

As for an additional shop I have to say yes and put it in the north valley. Seems as though the majority of shops think Vettes only exist in the SE valley. Like someone else I would suggest along the 101 between Scottsdale Rd and 35th Ave. Scottsdale Airpark would be a great location and there's a ton of industrial type properties.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:38 AM
neaz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Big Tom
Should I post a JOKE?
No Tom, the joke has already been posted. See post #2 in this thread! What a maroon.......wait, where are my heart pills?
Old 12-22-2009, 09:10 AM
71'AirStrike
Melting Slicks

we need one on the North valey. I would take my business there-
. Owe my left arm hurts..

Arrrrk!
Old 12-22-2009, 09:34 AM
BLEW X U
8th Gear

Sounds to me like you need to get out through the Valley alittle more often.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Mregor
Instructor

Originally Posted by Desertdawg
Yeah no one outside of snottsdale has any money!

Per the OP, I'm now going to have to trade my Vette for a Mitsu-ricer if I want to get out of my mid-life cirsis and feel young.

Most of the late model guys in this area consider the addition of body coloured panels
Coloured [ˈkʌləd]
n pl Coloureds, Coloured
1. (Social Science / Peoples) an individual who is not a White person, esp a Black person

... and I've Never done that.

Mregor
Old 12-22-2009, 11:02 AM
mstromquist
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,866 Likes on 1,672 Posts
2015 C5 of the Year Winner

If you know the area, you know that the late model Corvette group in the majority are retired older guys and that the younger guys are in European and Japanese. Older people typically do not mod for speed..
I really think you need to get out to the tracks more. I have seen some pretty impressive Vettes out there. Most of them that do the speed mods don't frequent the shows much. Oh yeah, most of the people that I know are not retired old guys either.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:03 AM
LastC3AZ
Racer

WOW !!! Sombody needs to get out more ....... to earlier points made ... check out the tracks and shows ... there are some bad a$$ modded hot rods out there ... and not just the youngsters ........ and to that point ... ricers are for ricers ...... there ain't nothing like an American Corvette ... and our kids are very proud of their heritage !!!

Move the Rock ..... and enjoy the Scenery !!!@@!

oh yeah ... as to more shops .... there are some awesome shops out there depending on what you're lookin for .... for the vintage guys ... Vintage Iron and Restoration at the Scottsdale airpark ... for the new stuff .... LPM .... 20 mins away !!@ (( i know .. shameless plug ))

Last edited by LastC3AZ; 12-22-2009 at 11:07 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To New shop in the Phoenix area?

Old 12-22-2009, 02:52 PM
Bigfoot99
Instructor

I always say it would be nice to have a shop on the west side...but I do most of my own stuff. When I take the plunge over just my nitrous kit and go a heads and cam package I'll probably take it to someone. But who knows.

Point is, the second poster needs to get a clue and get with some of the clubs to see what's really going on with our cars out here.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:50 PM
F22Trainer
Instructor

Corvette is already fast to begin with. But I have a news flash - almost every 'vette owner I know has done some performance mod's and 50 ish is not older - just smarter.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:06 PM
90sundevil
Melting Slicks

Received 745 Likes on 379 Posts

I would like a shop that can work not only on my 08C6Z but my 65 vert and the area around Scottsdale Airpark would be great.

Quick Reply: New shop in the Phoenix area?