Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

09 npp on a 08

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 08:33 PM
ibefishing20
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 npp on a 08

I'm buying a npp exhaust off of a 09 c6 to put onto my 08. I was told that there could be fittment issues from the 09 to 08. If anyone has any knowledge on this and how to fix it pls pass on the knowledge. Also setting up the exhaust to be functional on a non npp car. Thx
Old 02-06-2010, 11:34 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

You will need a x-pipe from an 09 and you will be fine, the right side will not line up
Old 02-07-2010, 12:20 AM
mikek307
Instructor

It's not the X-pipe, it is the "over pipes" are different on the '09 then on '05-08.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:47 AM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Originally Posted by mikek307
It's not the X-pipe, it is the "over pipes" are different on the '09 then on '05-08.
I put a setup of B&Bs from an 05 on our 09 and we had to change out the x-pipe to fit from the 05. I took them off because of drone and went back stock
Old 02-07-2010, 08:44 AM
MarkRx
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ibefishing20
I'm buying a npp exhaust off of a 09 c6 to put onto my 08. I was told that there could be fittment issues from the 09 to 08. If anyone has any knowledge on this and how to fix it pls pass on the knowledge. Also setting up the exhaust to be functional on a non npp car. Thx
Just buy a Z and you won't have to worry about this

You'll love the NPP. You have the controller and info how to hook it up?
Old 02-07-2010, 10:12 AM
ibefishing20
Advanced

Well mark not all of us can be so furtonate to be able to have a z or zr1. But one day, trust me, one day !!!! I guess I'm just going to have to get the exhaust and then try to line them up and see which it is, the bend over the axle or the length of the x pipe. I could see where the bend over the axle could make it seem like it was the length of x pipe. And no, I have nothing on installing npp controller on my non npp car. Guess I will have to look into some of the npp in a box set ups and see what I'm going to do. I'm looking forward to haveing her sound like she should have from chevy. Sad when a stock camero sounds better than my vette. Jason ( 1 bad zr-1) had once offered his garage as a place to work on my car, hopeing the offer still stands. Trying pm him, saidhe wasn't excepting pm anymore, unless I did something wrong. There are 4 vettes on our shift now. We were talking bout all getting together and rideing out to the y on night. Anyway, be safe man.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:49 AM
MarkRx
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well mark not all of us can be so furtonate to be able to have a z or zr1. But one day, trust me, one day !!!! I guess I'm just going to have to get the exhaust and then try to line them up and see which it is, the bend over the axle or the length of the x pipe. I could see where the bend over the axle could make it seem like it was the length of x pipe. And no, I have nothing on installing npp controller on my non npp car. Guess I will have to look into some of the npp in a box set ups and see what I'm going to do. I'm looking forward to haveing her sound like she should have from chevy. Sad when a stock camero sounds better than my vette. Jason ( 1 bad zr-1) had once offered his garage as a place to work on my car, hopeing the offer still stands. Trying pm him, saidhe wasn't excepting pm anymore, unless I did something wrong. There are 4 vettes on our shift now. We were talking bout all getting together and rideing out to the y on night. Anyway, be safe man.
definitely send me a PM whenever y'all round up to go for a cruise somewhere. and you can too afford a Z. i got two words for ya... "pre owned"
Old 02-08-2010, 09:20 AM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

From what I understand the NPP in a box doesn't exist anymore, it was a vacuum source that installed in the rear cubby. The two Co's making NPP controllers both use the intake manifold vacuum as a source now. Your choice as to which you use. I have the Sunset Orange Creations NPP controller on my '08 and am very satisfied with it.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:28 PM
1 BAD ZR1
Full size member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 33 Posts

Offer still stands. I have moved though, closer to Dripping Springs. I am going to be building another garage (shop) next to my new house. When that is done, I'll have a car lift in there and we can easily do the exhaust swap.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:40 PM
ibefishing20
Advanced

well congrats on the new house and new garage.. after adding the lift, you will have the ultimate garage.. not only with the cars in it, but the toys to work on them with.. but from the sounds of it ill have them on and going by the time its available.. I had tried pm you and it said that you didn't except pm.. when you give me a chance send me some contact info for you again.. my phone had died and i had to reboot and install and i hadnt saved your contact info to my comp yet and lost your info.. ive been really working alot trying to keep my toy, but hopefully will be able to start making some of the events.. we added a fourth vet to our shift, so all four of us are talking about riding out one night to the y.. by the time i saw the cars and coffee deal in leander i had missed it.. anyway, keep me on your list and i hope to see ya soon.. thx.. when i get your email im going to email you with a question or two.. simple questions, no worries.. thx
Old 02-08-2010, 04:49 PM
1 BAD ZR1
Full size member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 33 Posts

well congrats on the new house and new garage.. after adding the lift, you will have the ultimate garage.. not only with the cars in it, but the toys to work on them with.. but from the sounds of it ill have them on and going by the time its available.. I had tried pm you and it said that you didn't except pm.. when you give me a chance send me some contact info for you again.. my phone had died and i had to reboot and install and i hadnt saved your contact info to my comp yet and lost your info.. ive been really working alot trying to keep my toy, but hopefully will be able to start making some of the events.. we added a fourth vet to our shift, so all four of us are talking about riding out one night to the y.. by the time i saw the cars and coffee deal in leander i had missed it.. anyway, keep me on your list and i hope to see ya soon.. thx.. when i get your email im going to email you with a question or two.. simple questions, no worries.. thx
I fixed the PM issue. So now only my contacts can PM me. So you can send me one now. Don't waste your time going out to the Y right now. No one goes until it will warm up a little more. We are having a NCCA drive very soon though. That will be on the 20th. Heading out to Llano for BBQ. You and your buddies come join us. We'll have a post on here about it.

Get notified of new replies

To 09 npp on a 08

Quick Reply: 09 npp on a 08