Old 07-05-2010, 03:27 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy
Default Lost ring; long story

bit of a long story but here goes... Wife and I went and watched the fireworks in Kemah last night and got home around 11pm. The first thing I did when I got home was start washing the vette. I got it washed and pulled into the garage to start the waxing process. I was just about finished waxing when a stray big white dog walks up. Wife has a huge heart and proceeds to love on it etc... I go inside to get some dog food and water bowl and when I get back out front I hear the wife yell from the back yard to close the gate.
We go in the back yard to get the dog some water and food when we notice its hot and panting. We cover it with water to cool it down when we notice how dirty he is. We get the soap out and start to washing and scrubbing all the dirt off of him when I hear my wife yell, "MY RING".
We were up till 4 AM in the morning searching for her wedding ring. We had no luck. I got up this morning and went and borrowed my mothers metal detector to see if I can find it. I spent the next 4 hours cutting yard area with scissors, searching and scouring and digging/ sifting out the yard were she thought it was. Still no luck. The metal detector seemed to pick up everything BUT metal. I finally just kind of gave up for a bit on looking in the area she said she lost it. I went out again to smoke a cigarette but felt I needed to be productive while I was out there. I started just walking around the area when i saw a faint shine in the bottom of the grass just off where she said she lost it. I though no way is that it. Its gotta be just more shiny grass. I sure enough found it.
I went and woke up the wife and told her she needed to get her butt up and come out and help me. My wife is not exactly a morning person so she's a bit of a pain in the butt. She's super whiney etc... I put the ring in her ciggy pack and said just sit down and have a smoke with me before we get back to cracking away. She starts yelling and saying she doesn't want one and plops down back in the grass with her scissors and a small rake thingy looking for it. I come and squat down next her and open her pack and say just smoke with me. She starts to yell and then looks down and her eyes lit up. Needless to say I'm in the good graces and have to figure a way to use this to my advantage now . I think I feel a new mod in the works
Old 07-05-2010, 05:21 PM
dangerz
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

lol, good job man.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Tex_Vette
Just Passin' Thru

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Smoke 'em if you've got 'em

Take advantage of dem points, Andrew, any time you get 'em. If you're like me, they don't come around often, so you gotta make hay while the sun shines. And a lost wedding ring sounds almost like supercharger time to me..... He-he-he-he

Cheers,
Tex_Vette
Old 07-05-2010, 07:34 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Tex_Vette
Take advantage of dem points, Andrew, any time you get 'em. If you're like me, they don't come around often, so you gotta make hay while the sun shines. And a lost wedding ring sounds almost like supercharger time to me..... He-he-he-he

Cheers,
Tex_Vette

kind of what i was thinking
Old 07-05-2010, 10:27 PM
jon c
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Congrats on finding the ring but if you are like me those extra points would only make you not as deep in the hole
Old 07-05-2010, 11:14 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jon c
Congrats on finding the ring but if you are like me those extra points would only make you not as deep in the hole
I mowed the yard afterwards and got a free pass for the rest of the week on doing chores so I guess it all evens out somewhere. Kinda sucked that I spent so much time last night trying to find it that I never woke up in time for the Space City Corvette parade in Friendswood
Old 07-07-2010, 08:17 PM
PCMusicGuy
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 222 Posts

*cough* new cam *cough*
Old 07-07-2010, 09:08 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by PCMusicGuy
*cough* new cam *cough*
giving thought to that one. My buddy is wanting to sell his 2007 with about 7000 miles on it for around 30,000 and already has all the cam work etc... done. Thinking should I sell mine and buy his or just deal with mine for a bit longer and do something to it later down the road
Old 07-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Mez
Safety Car

Location: Austin, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Houston, Dallas, Hong Kong, Elgin, etc.. Texas
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a sore subject.

My wife left her $4000 diamond rink in a hotel. She was 500 miles away before realizing it was missing. She called her brother and he went to the hotel and got it. We thought it was safe.

We were living overseas and could not get back to the USA for 6 months. I went to her brother's house to pick it up and he came to the door with a panic look on his face. The ring was gone. He threw it away. He put it in a safe place he thought. A shirt pocket in the back of the closet. One day, he decided to toss out his old shirts and....you guessed it....he threw out the shirt with the ring.

Last edited by Mez; 07-08-2010 at 08:06 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:12 AM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mez
That's a sore subject.

My wife left her $4000 diamond rink in a hotel. She was 500 miles away before realizing it was missing. She called her brother and he went to the hotel and got it. We thought it was safe.

We were living overseas and could not get back to the USA for 6 months. I went to her brother's house to pick it up and he came to the door with a panic look on his face. The ring was gone. He threw it away. He put it in a safe place he thought. A shirt pocket in the back of the closet. One day, he decided to toss out his old shirts....you guessed it...the threw out the shirt with the ring.
that really sucks. I was a bit pissed when she lost hers. Her ring appraised for a little over 5000 but I didn't pay but a 10th of that. i have connections.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Crankshaft
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by Andrew6
I mowed the yard afterwards and got a free pass for the rest of the week on doing chores so I guess it all evens out somewhere. Kinda sucked that I spent so much time last night trying to find it that I never woke up in time for the Space City Corvette parade in Friendswood
We wondered what happened to you guys!
Old 07-08-2010, 02:43 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Crankshaft
We wondered what happened to you guys!
i took some pictures of Amy in the yard with a spot light and scissors cutting the grass and looking for the ring.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:06 PM
AtlBlkZ06
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With a story like that, you mean modS? haha

Get notified of new replies

To Lost ring; long story

Quick Reply: Lost ring; long story