Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

GTG: Murphy, Plano, Wylie, Richardson, Garland, Sachse, and surrounding areas IV

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 10:56 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Navybluevette
Toque

Where exactly do you guys meet at 190/Jupiter?
I might want to meet up with you guys and go CnC. I mentioned this to my son in law and he might show up also with his C6.

Frank

Frank:

The more the merrier....

We will be meeting at 6:50am and leaving sharp at 7am. CnC fills up QUICK ! I suspect this weekend will be nuts since its the first nice one since last year.

We meet in the parking lot of a small strip center on the South West Corner of 190, and Jupiter Rd. The Silver Fox Steak House is part of the parking lot we meet at.

Go to :
http://maps.google.com/
Search for "Silver Fox Steakhouse, Richardson, TX"

Zoom in and click on "Satellite" in the top right. You will be able to see the parking lot.
There is a SHELL gas station on the corner. Do not pull into the gas station.
The parking lot is BEHIND the SHELL gas station.

Looking forward to meeting some new folks !

I'll be in the Silver 04 Z06 (see pic below).

Mark... (aka Toque)

Last edited by Toque; 03-30-2011 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:13 AM
SRVVR
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be missing C&C again this month... other things have taken (or been given) priority over it.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:14 AM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

I'll be there fo SHO!!
Old 03-31-2011, 12:27 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

With the weather prediction to be super nice Sat morning I'll bet CnC will be PACKED ! Its been crappy for the last few months with ice or rain or cold ....

Can't wait to wake the neighbors early Sat morning !

Toque
Old 03-31-2011, 05:22 PM
98C5RT
Burning Brakes

Location: Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Republic of Texas

I really wanted to go to CNC this weekend and had plans to do so but.......... I was driving to work Wednesday morning and air tube flange broke off the header pipe on the driver's side, leaving a nice ¼” hole. I called LGM and was told that they don't install their headers with the flange left on because it will break off due to the close proximity to the head and the vibration of the engine. I was told that when they install their headers, they cut the tube off and weld a nickel sized cap over the hole. Well, given that I bought the Pro Long Tube headers from LGM and they installed them without cutting off the tubes (both sides were left on), don't you think that they would correct their error without charging me? Not the case so far; more to come?
Old 03-31-2011, 07:57 PM
David426
Safety Car

Received 130 Likes on 39 Posts

I'm on call again this Saturday.. So I may very well be working... If not I will see you guys at the meet spot before 7:00... I just had my new valve springs and seals installed.. I can't wait to pull the valve covers off at Cars and Coffee to show everyone my matching Blue Springs.. The old yellow ones did not Match my Electron Blue By the way I had Quality Motorsports in Lewisville do the spring and seal install.. $220 out the door for Labor. They had 2 guys working on it.. It took them 1 hour to complete the job, while I waited... Two Thumbs up for Quality motorsports

Last edited by David426; 03-31-2011 at 08:04 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:12 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by 98C5RT
I really wanted to go to CNC this weekend and had plans to do so but.......... I was driving to work Wednesday morning and air tube flange broke off the header pipe on the driver's side, leaving a nice ¼” hole. I called LGM and was told that they don't install their headers with the flange left on because it will break off due to the close proximity to the head and the vibration of the engine. I was told that when they install their headers, they cut the tube off and weld a nickel sized cap over the hole. Well, given that I bought the Pro Long Tube headers from LGM and they installed them without cutting off the tubes (both sides were left on), don't you think that they would correct their error without charging me? Not the case so far; more to come?
That's weird.... If you talking about the little metal air tubes that connect to the header right at the motor flange..... then I have mine on too. I also have LG Pro's and have had them for 6 yrs now. If they cap them off what do they do for the air lines that connect there ? I thought you had to have that for emissions ...

Keep us posted. That sounds like BS.

Toque

The ones in the below pic right at the flange where it connects to the motor. One on each side.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:50 AM
Toque
Tech Contributor

WOW !

http://www.corvetteonline.com/news/s...ies-anyways-2/

Toque
Old 04-01-2011, 09:57 AM
98C5RT
Burning Brakes

Location: Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Republic of Texas

Originally Posted by Toque
That's weird.... If you talking about the little metal air tubes that connect to the header right at the motor flange..... then I have mine on too. I also have LG Pro's and have had them for 6 yrs now. If they cap them off what do they do for the air lines that connect there ? I thought you had to have that for emissions ...

Keep us posted. That sounds like BS.

Toque

The ones in the below pic right at the flange where it connects to the motor. One on each side.

Yep, that's what fell off. Do you have something connected to your drivers side? If yes, please send me a pic as I don't recall having anything connected there. If I did, then it would be nice to know what the hell fell off along with the piece from the header.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:53 PM
FSTFRC
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

With the weather prediction to be super nice Sat morning I'll bet CnC will be PACKED ! Its been crappy for the last few months with ice or rain or cold ....

Can't wait to wake the neighbors early Sat morning !

Toque
Toque,

What time do you plan on being at Cars and Coffee? I'm going to try to be there early.

FSTFRC
Old 04-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Racer Z06
Pro

That will be me someday but I will have a hot 24 yr old blonde with my 75 yr old self!

Old 04-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by FSTFRC
Toque,

What time do you plan on being at Cars and Coffee? I'm going to try to be there early.

FSTFRC
We usually get there at about 7:30am, maybe a tad earlier. Hopefully we can all find an area to park together.

I have been looking forward to getting my car out in some nice weather all week !

Toque
Old 04-02-2011, 12:32 AM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

We usually get there at about 7:30am, maybe a tad earlier. Hopefully we can all find an area to park together.

I have been looking forward to getting my car out in some nice weather all week !

Toque
I will be there! LOL Too funny , leave at 7am and get there at 7:30 Tell the truth Mark, we leave at 7 and get there about 7:10 for those that can keep up LMAO
We are a fast group!
Lee
Old 04-02-2011, 12:35 AM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Racer Z06
That will be me someday but I will have a hot 24 yr old blonde with my 75 yr old self!

Hey Heath, I like your new Hood Ornament!
I think I need one of those too!
Hey a couple of the hotties at my office said they may show up to lay on the cars LOL
Old 04-02-2011, 04:18 AM
David426
Safety Car

Received 130 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty Harry
I will be there! LOL Too funny , leave at 7am and get there at 7:30 Tell the truth Mark, we leave at 7 and get there about 7:10 for those that can keep up LMAO
We are a fast group!
Lee
I think we made it there in around 12 minutes one time.. There was a slow moving truck getting onto the West Bound 190 entrance ramp, between Jupiter and 75.. We got split up into 2 groups.. I think Mark and I went over 75 Central Expressway at about 72 mph , in order to catch up to the rest of the group.. Any how we got there about 4 minutes ahead of the back of our little convoy.. I just got home from work and have to go back in at 11:00am.. Hope you guys have fun.. Catch yall next time Actually I think we were going just a few mph over 72mph.. You will have to ask Toque.. I think the metric button was pushed in,reading Kilometers instead of Miles per Hour.. Yes,,, thats it.. I'm sure!

Last edited by David426; 04-02-2011 at 04:34 AM.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:06 PM
Racer Z06
Pro

Hey a couple of the hotties at my office said they may show up to lay on the cars LOL
Hey works for me! Just say when!
Old 04-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Racer Z06
Pro

Going to go to this tonight anyone else in?

http://www.monthlymuscle.com/frames.html

Get notified of new replies

To GTG: Murphy, Plano, Wylie, Richardson, Garland, Sachse, and surrounding areas IV

Old 04-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Cherokeedoc
Instructor

Harry,
This is what I used on the "grounds" beneath the battery box(and all others I could see on my C6 !
Corrosion X Corrosion Technologies Corp Dallas TX another good one is Fluid film Eureka Chemical Chemical Company San Francisco Calif.

C&C, the blue Mustang ahead of me was collecting his "Green Stamps" when we passed them. I suspect there may be a "spotter" at work He didn't "squeak much" ????. may have been the serpentine belt making noise !! ??? he he. Office hotties are welcome to sit on my hood !!!!!
Be safe Happy cruising
Harry
Old 04-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Awesome day for cruising ! I really got my foot in mine today for sure. Sometimes I like to roll in 2nd gear at 4K-5k rpm just to hear the sound... .

I can't have any carbon build up in there. (Andrew )

I picked up my son at my wifes charity event today after CnC. After I left a guy showed up in his new Ford Raptor truck and proceeded to tell my wife how much faster his truck is than my Z06. My wife told him he full of it...

Toque
Old 04-03-2011, 08:09 AM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Awesome day for cruising ! I really got my foot in mine today for sure. Sometimes I like to roll in 2nd gear at 4K-5k rpm just to hear the sound... .

I can't have any carbon build up in there. (Andrew )

I picked up my son at my wifes charity event today after CnC. After I left a guy showed up in his new Ford Raptor truck and proceeded to tell my wife how much faster his truck is than my Z06. My wife told him he full of it...

Toque
Mark! Really, a Ford guy said that! What planet did that guy come from! Obviously a planet with no Chevys! LOL I'm sure you will get the chance to show him how real cars run one of these days! F o r d acronym "Fix Or Repair Daily" See ya Ford boy, he will be in your mirror

Quick Reply: GTG: Murphy, Plano, Wylie, Richardson, Garland, Sachse, and surrounding areas IV