Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

GTG: Murphy, Plano, Wylie, Richardson, Garland, Sachse, and surrounding areas IV

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 12:28 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim05C6Z51
.. I would rather hear it from someone that already uses it.
Whaaaat! you don't want to be the first kid on the block to go Purple!

Hey I'm getting third gear rubber now! I think the 3.42's made a difference
Old 07-17-2011, 12:29 PM
rathi134
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check this out. Anyone use Royal Purple over Mobile 1?

I am kind of impressed.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/misc...58&prx_t=77751
I used it through several oil changes in my 06 mustang gt with intake/tune. I never had an issue with it, even had the transmission fluid swapped for royal purple. It is the real deal. After saying that, I am still using mobil 1 in the vette.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:41 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

See you guy's at BJ's tonight!
Old 07-17-2011, 01:00 PM
Young Matt
Racer

.. I would rather hear it from someone that already uses it.

I was actually going to try it. I'm due for an oil change in a few weeks. I used mobile 1 in my Grand Prix GTP when I had it a few years back. Never had a problem with it, but I've always heard great things about Royal Purple, so I thought I'd give it a try.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:05 PM
Young Matt
Racer

Originally Posted by Dirty Harry
DITTO young Matt! It looks great! Bring it up to BJ's tomorrow night.
Unfortunately I won't be able to make up to BJ's tonight. I do plan on bringing the woman with me next Sunday to check out the Vette's. I've been meaning to do it for awhile now!
Old 07-17-2011, 01:36 PM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

I have noticed that they (TSM) tend to "multi task" and go from one project to another.. Not good business.. They are a small outfit trying to do it all at once.. I attribute that to poor "office" management.. Sean is great at what he does... Clint does the scheduling.. It's like trying to cram 10lbs of **** into a 5 lb bag...

I think when i schedule my H/C install that i will request to be present.. Normally takes Sean a day or two if committed to one vehicle.

I must say that i am a little apprehensive now after Marks debacle... Sean is great at what he does.. I'm not sure what clint does except order parts, collect $$...??

Just my .02

Originally Posted by Toque
It was not like that. I don't blame anyone for this except the guys up there. Lack of communication, over committing them selves, and disrespect for a "waiting on site" customer with a VERY important deadline stressed to them multiple times all day.

Toque
Old 07-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Racer Z06
Pro

Wow I am amazed at the problems you guys are having at TSM! I would have already killed someone by now. "I forgot a bolt so your exhaust falls off" is not acceptable, and going up to their shop to work on your own car is BS. I would get it towed home and tell them to "F*&^ off!" I will fix it myself! I hate it when they hold your car hostage.

Hell call Lou G. he will probably pay for the flatbed tow from their shop to his himself!!

I am still out of town so I wont be at BJ's tonight BTW.

Last edited by Racer Z06; 07-17-2011 at 01:39 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:45 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Racer Z06
Wow I am amazed at the problems you guys are having at TSM! I would have already killed someone by now. "I forgot a bolt so your exhaust falls off" is not acceptable, and going up to their shop to work on your own car is BS. I would get it towed home and tell them to "F*&^ off!" I will fix it myself! I hate it when they hold your car hostage.

Hell call Lou G. he will probably pay for the flatbed tow from their shop to his himself!!

I am still out of town so I wont be at BJ's tonight BTW.
Hey Heath,
Not sure, but Sean told me they hadn't touched the rear brackets, so I guess it could have worked loose on it's own???? after 9 months. Kinda like girl being pregnant, all that pressure and it finally popped
Old 07-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 0H1Z06
I have noticed that they (TSM) tend to "multi task" and go from one project to another.. Not good business.. They are a small outfit trying to do it all at once.. I attribute that to poor "office" management.. Sean is great at what he does... Clint does the scheduling.. It's like trying to cram 10lbs of **** into a 5 lb bag...

I think when i schedule my H/C install that i will request to be present.. Normally takes Sean a day or two if committed to one vehicle.

I must say that i am a little apprehensive now after Marks debacle... Sean is great at what he does.. I'm not sure what clint does except order parts, collect $$...??

Just my .02
Hey MAtt,
I still think it all has to do with the ecnomics of the business and trying to make the fast bucks inbetween the slow bucks. Gotta pay the utilities while trying to make enough to pay the rent I'm certainly not defending them at all. I think you are right as well , all the multi tasking needs to be adjusted. It is kinda like a restaurant,, everyone thinks they can run one until they actually try and find out that it is no easy task. However, I feel same as Mark in that, Sean could have stayed an extra hour till 7pm and finished his before going home. It would have made big points with Mark and others that watch the site. When you are in business for yourself you take care of promised business first, play comes later.
TS will learn the hard way, but I bet they change their outlook in the near future.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:59 PM
Cherokeedoc
Instructor

Default Axle Nut Torque Update

Guys,
I popped my center caps today and check location and witness marks on rear axle nuts. You may recall my 08 3lt A6 at 4000 miles had 30# on passenger side 80# on drivers side. Spec was 100# in 08 . since then several things have been changed, latest I saw was 160# You can fill up your spare time searching the subject. Spinmonster has some interesting stuff posted as well. My sons 93 ZR1 had 140# with a cotter key ??????
GM decided a interference fit between the nut and shaft was the hot fix then red lock tite was incorporated. I torqued mine to 160# and marked position of nut-shaft after 16000 gentle miles the passenger side had not moved. the drivers side had backed off 1/4" in rotation no idea what torque change was. I removed the nut and applied green lock tite (ran out of blue Harley approved) retorqued to 160#. Those that track their cars probably have a need to check this like brake pads. My aircraft had cotter keys securing bearing torque, pretty foolproof, but cotter keys are expensive (.50 for AN quality)
Love my Vette warts and all !
See yah tonight
Happy cruising
Harry

Last edited by Cherokeedoc; 07-17-2011 at 04:00 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-17-2011, 04:45 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Guys:

This post has gone over 1000 posts.
The Moderators WILL close it once they notice.
Please subscribe to the NEW POST HERE:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sout...g-areas-v.html

Thanks !
Toque
Old 07-17-2011, 04:59 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty Harry
It is kinda like a restaurant,, everyone thinks they can run one until they actually try and find out that it is no easy task. However, I feel same as Mark in that, Sean could have stayed an extra hour till 7pm and finished his before going home. It would have made big points with Mark and others that watch the site. When you are in business for yourself you take care of promised business first, play comes later.
Coming from a family who owns a Hotel,... growing up I learned ALL about personal sacrifice to please the customer. That's why my family's hotel is still in business today. Owning your own business is NOT easy. The buck ALWAYS falls on YOUR shoulders ! No one else in the company cares... I explained this to Manny before he opened his bar... now the tax man owns his business...

I have been working in the customer service side of things for 15 yrs now at Texas Instruments. I work at Texas Instruments as a vendor. We sell products to them, and repair issues on site. If there is a problem, or a deadline.... I stay late to make it right. There are no options. Its just done. Our company laid off over 120 people, and I am 1 of only 8 left. There is a reason for that. I work overtime to please my customer, no questions asked... A happy customer will come back... a pissed off customer will not.

After waiting in there shop for 9 hours Sat for them to finish my car. He only put 15mins of work on it. All day long promising he would get to it. Me stressing my time line issue all day long. So for the 2 hours he could have stayed to help me out due to my deadline... he chose not to and greatly pissed me off. I'll just leave it at that.

Toque

Last edited by Toque; 07-17-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Young Matt
Racer

Originally Posted by toque
coming from a family who owns a hotel,... Growing up i learned all about personal sacrifice to please the customer. That's why my family's hotel is still in business today. Owning your own business is not easy. The buck always falls on your shoulders ! No one else in the company cares... I explained this to manny before he opened his bar... Now the tax man owns his business...

i have been working in the customer service side of things for 15 yrs now at texas instruments. I work at texas instruments as a vendor. We sell products to them, and repair issues on site. If there is a problem, or a deadline.... I stay late to make it right. There are no options. Its just done. Our company laid off over 120 people, and i am 1 of only 8 left. There is a reason for that. I work overtime to please my customer, no questions asked... A happy customer will come back... A pissed off customer will not.

So for the 2 hours he could have stayed to help me out due to my deadline... He chose not to and greatly pissed me off. I'll just leave it at that.

Toque

amen!

Quick Reply: GTG: Murphy, Plano, Wylie, Richardson, Garland, Sachse, and surrounding areas IV