Headed to Don Hewlett Chev. this morning

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 12:33 PM
Street Rat
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 529 Likes on 396 Posts

Default Headed to Don Hewlett Chev. this morning

My wife's 2008 got a check engine light. Bryan at RPT diagnosed it as a code 0449 emission purge valve for the fuel system. He cleared the code for me but it came back. So it was off to the dealer this morning for a warranty repair.

This will be the first trip to the dealer since we have owned the car. Of course we are apprehensive. I did some forum searches for Don Hewlett Chev. here in Georgetown but got some old threads.

Has anybody had any work done there? How was your experience? All of the posts that I've read recommended them for service.

I'll give everyone an update as soon as we get the car back.

Last edited by Street Rat; 09-25-2012 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:40 PM
Tex_Vette
Just Passin' Thru

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Don Hewlett service

I've had my '07 Silverado in twice for very minor warranty work. Once, the nearly new battery went dead and they replaced it. And once, I had wipers that wouldn't hit the windshield in the middle of the wiper blade. I replaced them myself (at $60 a pop, at that time), but still had the "no downforce" problem. They replaced the wiper blades again and got it with no charge to me. I currently have a check engine light due to an oxygen sensor on the output side of the cat. I've been reluctant to take it in too, because I am not sure that sensors are covered under the emissions warranty. Please post up what your results are, and "Good luck!". I've dealt with their parts dept several times for Vette parts and they are reasonable (for a dealer). Hope your service is too.

Tex_Vette
Old 09-24-2012, 10:20 PM
Lothar34
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't believe O2 sensors are covered by the 8/80k emissions warranty.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:22 PM
jsilvz
Racer

Good luck at Hewlet, I had a bad experience there but I'm sure it was a isolated incident. I go to Champion on 183 if I need a stealership.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:05 AM
Street Rat
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 529 Likes on 396 Posts

Default Update

Overall I had a good experience at Don Hewlett. I would recommend them for service.

We asked that the car not be washed prior to us picking it up. It wasn't. I checked the jacking areas for damage. There was none. I was called three times during the day with updates. The repairs were done in a timely fashion.

My only gripe was that the parts and labor were not covered under any warranty. The part in question was an evaporative vent solenoid for the fuel system. I would think that this would be considered a part of the emission system and therefore covered under warranty. I was told that the major items such as the O2 sensors and computer were covered but not this item. I'm going to make some telephone calls to clarify this.

The part itself is only about $25 and from what I've read is very easy to replace. There is also an updated wiring harness which was replaced as well. The harness costs $37.

My wife chose to have them go ahead and repair it there in case there was more to it. It's her car so I let her make the call. So she was reamed to the tune of $244.

Last edited by Street Rat; 09-25-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:58 PM
jsilvz
Racer

They tried to make my pay for a bad catalytic converter once, car still under full warranty. I said oh no no no. They said ok and sent me on my way.

Get notified of new replies

To Headed to Don Hewlett Chev. this morning

Quick Reply: Headed to Don Hewlett Chev. this morning