Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Upholstery - Austin area?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 10:40 AM
beepster
Melting Slicks

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Upholstery - Austin area?

Looking for a shop in Austin area to do leather seat inserts...any suggestions?
Old 01-24-2013, 02:28 PM
Mariah
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Are you still looking?

There's a private party who works out of his home in Austin. He was recommended to me for my classic car (which I sold before having him do the work).

He did custom leather front and rear seats in my son's Chrysler Sebring last year and did a beautiful job, at a decent price. He's currently doing the stock seats in my C5 - a simple job, just high quality black leather. He should be done this weekend and I'll let you know how it turns out before I refer you to him.

Last edited by Mariah; 01-24-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:53 PM
beepster
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Mariah
Are you still looking?

There's a private party who works out of his home in Austin. He was recommended to me for my classic car (which I sold before having him do the work).

He did custom leather front and rear seats in my son's Chrysler Sebring last year and did a beautiful job, at a decent price. He's currently doing the stock seats in my C5 - a simple job, just high quality black leather. He should be done this weekend and I'll let you know how it turns out before I refer you to him.
Thanx! I would appreciate having the name & #
Old 01-27-2013, 09:39 PM
bill1956vette
2nd Gear

Gabriel and son in San Marcos...south 35 east side northwest corner where Lowes is,...all the best hot rod and custom interior take first for his work in shows,..ask for Robert his son!!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:50 PM
Mariah
Advanced

St. Jude Donor '13

Sorry, can't refer you to my guy. I stopped by when he had just one seat completed and I'm glad I was able to stop him. He replaced the jute pad and foam just fine, but the leather was totally gathered/puckered. It's very comfortable, but I was shocked at how bad it looks. He said it would smooth out when it sits in the sun this summer. I'm not interested in waiting months to see how it might turn out.

How a guy can do an incredible job on a Chrysler and such a terrible job on a Corvette is beyond me!

Last edited by Mariah; 01-29-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:26 PM
beepster
Melting Slicks

Sorry about your experience...but I appreciate your feedback! Hopefully we will get some other recommendations
Old 05-28-2013, 07:03 AM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by bill1956vette
Gabriel and son in San Marcos...south 35 east side northwest corner where Lowes is,...all the best hot rod and custom interior take first for his work in shows,..ask for Robert his son!!!!
I am also looking to have a few custom touches done in my Vette. Anyone have direct experience with Gabriel and Son? Not too far a drive for me, in Belterra, so I may just stop down there and visit this week or next.

Get notified of new replies

To Upholstery - Austin area?

Quick Reply: Upholstery - Austin area?