El Paso / Las Cruces Area Thread - Page 11 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion


Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

El Paso / Las Cruces Area Thread

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2013, 03:30 PM   #201  
t100driver
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2012
Location: EL Paso Texas
Posts: 45
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxrly View Post
Cool. I'm always down for cruises but in a few hours I'm taking off to Vegas with Mod Freaks of Texas. They're having M Fest down there but I'm tagging along so I can visit the Grand Canyon and Vegas for the first time. We should be heading back on Sunday... 1000 miles each way!
Sounds awesome I've been meaning to ask you how is it hanging out with mod freaks and deans list? I want to go out on cruises with other cars wanted to join the El Paso corvette club, but they don't seem to do anything thing as far as going on cruises just sit an a parking lot and talk.

Last edited by t100driver; 05-22-2013 at 03:46 PM.
t100driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:44 PM   #202  
hxrly
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
hxrly's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2012
Location: El Paso TX
Posts: 391
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Mod Freaks is a bunch of good people and they run their cars hard. It's mostly BMWs and the GTRs, but I join them in their adventures whenever possible.

Deanslist has awesome events as well, but some of them are pricy plus there's a yearly membership. They are doing the Dallas-Miami in August. I might chase them since I have family down there, but I'm not paying the $1600 per car for hotels, meals, etc; I will stay at the nearest holiday inn or similar.
hxrly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:35 PM   #203  
Edmond
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Orlando Florida
Posts: 1,277
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

It's Sunday night and I haven't done any of the work I said I would do on my car.

Why do these 4 day weekends go by so fast?
Edmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:01 AM   #204  
S'vette
CF Senior Member
 
S'vette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2010
Location: El Paso TX
Posts: 2,932
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxrly View Post
Mod Freaks is a bunch of good people and they run their cars hard. It's mostly BMWs and the GTRs, but I join them in their adventures whenever possible.

Deanslist has awesome events as well, but some of them are pricy plus there's a yearly membership. They are doing the Dallas-Miami in August. I might chase them since I have family down there, but I'm not paying the $1600 per car for hotels, meals, etc; I will stay at the nearest holiday inn or similar.
where do they do there fast driving? I live on the NE side just off 54 and one night I saw 2 GTRs playing a bit and heading out on 54 towards alamgordo. I wanted to follow and play but wife was with me so I couldn't, she wont let me. That is where I go to test my car sometimes.
S'vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:10 AM   #205  
hxrly
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
hxrly's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2012
Location: El Paso TX
Posts: 391
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S'vette View Post
where do they do there fast driving? I live on the NE side just off 54 and one night I saw 2 GTRs playing a bit and heading out on 54 towards alamgordo. I wanted to follow and play but wife was with me so I couldn't, she wont let me. That is where I go to test my car sometimes.
They come out to the autocross at the stadium, the motorplex for 1/4 mile and ASR for the track. This past weekend they ran their cars at the 1/4 mile and track at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. And yes, occasionally they will be hauling *** on the highway.

I went to Las Vegas with them this past Thursday and it was an amazing experience. Took off at 2 a.m. so we had the highway to ourselves. Went over Hwy 191 (Devils Highway) at dawn which had to be one of the best driving experiences I've had so far. I got back today after a 14+ hour drive (stopped by the Grand Canyon); I'm super tired but definitely worth it.

Oh yeah, and while in Vegas I decided why not go drive the Pacific Coast Hwy and Mulholland Dr in California, so I got video of that one too.
hxrly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:00 PM   #206  
Xfactors
CF Senior Member
 
Xfactors's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2012
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 222
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hey guys, there's some kind of a car show at Hudson's on the east side of El Paso. I don't know much about it.

http://visitelpaso.com/events/commun...show-swap-meet

http://www.southwestmoparclub.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAG1LE View Post
Yup, there is a car show on Friday night and a big car show on Saturday starting at 5 PM. I'll be there both nights.
Also, there is a Las Cruces/El Paso section in the Camaro forum, in case anyone here wants to join in the discussion.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...74391&page=215

Last edited by Xfactors; 05-30-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Xfactors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:02 AM   #207  
S'vette
CF Senior Member
 
S'vette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2010
Location: El Paso TX
Posts: 2,932
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Default

So where do the Camaro and gtr guys go to get performance work done on their cars? Do they ever have a dyno setup anywhere?
S'vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:26 AM   #208  
hxrly
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
hxrly's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2012
Location: El Paso TX
Posts: 391
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S'vette View Post
So where do the Camaro and gtr guys go to get performance work done on their cars? Do they ever have a dyno setup anywhere?
The superchargers installs that I've seen: their own garages.

If the weather holds up tomorrow I will be coming out to El Paso Motorplex. I got a custom Diablew tune with the DiabloSport inTune since I don't feel like driving to Texas Speed. Hoping to trap 113 mph and run high 12s consistently.

There's also a dyno day on Sunday for like $45, but I'm not sure where I read about it.
hxrly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:08 AM   #209  
S'vette
CF Senior Member
 
S'vette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2010
Location: El Paso TX
Posts: 2,932
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxrly View Post
The superchargers installs that I've seen: their own garages.

If the weather holds up tomorrow I will be coming out to El Paso Motorplex. I got a custom Diablew tune with the DiabloSport inTune since I don't feel like driving to Texas Speed. Hoping to trap 113 mph and run high 12s consistently.

There's also a dyno day on Sunday for like $45, but I'm not sure where I read about it.
cool, Id like to get on a dyno just out of curiousty. Would like to do the 1/4 mile too but have never done it before on the track so my first few runs would be rather tame to get the feel for the track.
S'vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #210  
hxrly
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
hxrly's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2012
Location: El Paso TX
Posts: 391
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Come on out and I'll talk you through it. It sucks coming out the first time and not having nobody to talk to. Once you do a few passes it starts becoming second nature. The only downside to it is that you may become addicted.
hxrly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:12 PM   #211  
t100driver
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2012
Location: EL Paso Texas
Posts: 45
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Anyone going to cars and coffee tomorrow? Not sure yet if I am going to make it, might just past by for a quick look.
t100driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:25 AM   #212  
S'vette
CF Senior Member
 
S'vette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2010
Location: El Paso TX
Posts: 2,932
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Default

anything coming up soon? Getting my hood painted next week so wont be able to do anything then but after that Im good. just had my top painted black and loved it so now Im getting the hood some black to match and a little air brushing to go along with it. Hope it turns out good.
S'vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:00 AM   #213  
hxrly
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
hxrly's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2012
Location: El Paso TX
Posts: 391
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S'vette View Post
anything coming up soon? Getting my hood painted next week so wont be able to do anything then but after that Im good. just had my top painted black and loved it so now Im getting the hood some black to match and a little air brushing to go along with it. Hope it turns out good.
I will be coming out to El Paso Motorplex on Friday, still adjusting my tune. There were a bunch of fast cars out there last Friday.
hxrly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #214  
S'vette
CF Senior Member
 
S'vette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2010
Location: El Paso TX
Posts: 2,932
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxrly View Post
I will be coming out to El Paso Motorplex on Friday, still adjusting my tune. There were a bunch of fast cars out there last Friday.
I have my car tuned by Chuck via the data logging with the handheld. So I wanted to see where I was at so I had a dyno done a few days ago on a dynojet and made 420 whp and 401 TQ in 107 degree temps with sae corection. But my AFR was a little off so I am having chuck adjust that and should net another 5 to 10 hp and tq. Im not sure if the guy did it right as he had the logging started as he was letting the car go thru its gears where I think he should have started the logging while in 4th gear.
S'vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:35 AM   #215  
hxrly
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
hxrly's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2012
Location: El Paso TX
Posts: 391
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S'vette View Post
I have my car tuned by Chuck via the data logging with the handheld. So I wanted to see where I was at so I had a dyno done a few days ago on a dynojet and made 420 whp and 401 TQ in 107 degree temps with sae corection. But my AFR was a little off so I am having chuck adjust that and should net another 5 to 10 hp and tq. Im not sure if the guy did it right as he had the logging started as he was letting the car go thru its gears where I think he should have started the logging while in 4th gear.
I'm having Lewis from diablewtune.com tune mine with the Diablosport inTune. I'm driving over 150 miles between tunes and then doing logs during the hottest time of day.

Last Friday I was really slow with a best run of [email protected], compared to my consistant [email protected] before headers/tune. I had a revised tune loaded yesterday and the car feels much stronger; will have to see Friday if my numbers improved.
hxrly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #216  
S'vette
CF Senior Member
 
S'vette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2010
Location: El Paso TX
Posts: 2,932
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxrly View Post
I'm having Lewis from diablewtune.com tune mine with the Diablosport inTune. I'm driving over 150 miles between tunes and then doing logs during the hottest time of day.

Last Friday I was really slow with a best run of [email protected], compared to my consistant [email protected] before headers/tune. I had a revised tune loaded yesterday and the car feels much stronger; will have to see Friday if my numbers improved.
hope it gets worked out. I might come out Friday and atleast observe. I want to get my AFR and all right before I start doing runs. Which exit do I take off of I-10?
S'vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #217  
hxrly
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
hxrly's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2012
Location: El Paso TX
Posts: 391
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S'vette View Post
hope it gets worked out. I might come out Friday and atleast observe. I want to get my AFR and all right before I start doing runs. Which exit do I take off of I-10?
Exit 42, Clint. You will see the lights (and sometimes the smoke) from the highway.
hxrly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:04 AM   #218  
hxrly
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
hxrly's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2012
Location: El Paso TX
Posts: 391
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

So the car did better last Friday, but it's now only running as strong as before headers, so I'm still expecting to pick up a few more HP. Best run was a 13.0 @ 110 mph.

There was a C6 Z06 running 13s. I asked him if he wanted to line up with me but he kept running the same Camaro, both doing terrible launches. At the end he got beat by a CRX on nitrous. [email protected] vs his slower [email protected] mph. His trap speed is good for mid to low 12s even on street tires, but he needs to learn how to launch first.

Edmond suggested to get together this weekend to go on a cruise or a least take a few pictures. Let us know, go on the FB page and join the page!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/231748356970038/
hxrly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #219  
mws444
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Member Since: Dec 2012
Posts: 119
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Hey Guys, It is nice to see a few around here like to track their cars. I have a black '10 Camaro I hit the strip with on occasion so far my best time is 11 flat @ 139.
Any one else have a C7 on order?
Would be great to hit up the strip with a bunch of Camaros and Vettes together. Always seems like the Rustangs out number us like two to one when I go.
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #220  
S'vette
CF Senior Member
 
S'vette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2010
Location: El Paso TX
Posts: 2,932
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Hey Guys, It is nice to see a few around here like to track their cars. I have a black '10 Camaro I hit the strip with on occasion so far my best time is 11 flat @ 139.
Any one else have a C7 on order?
Would be great to hit up the strip with a bunch of Camaros and Vettes together. Always seems like the Rustangs out number us like two to one when I go.
Got my vette in the paint shop getting the hood painted with a black and red stripe and a cool c7 jake skull I found on line. I will post pics of it in my album when done. Had my top painted black a few weeks ago so Im matchng the hood. My interior is black and red so I wanted to bring some red to the outside. Once I get it back I will hit the track and watch one night and maybe play next time.

I running about 420hp/410tq to the wheels so Im not sure what I would run but my AFR is a little off (lean at WOT) and need to get it fixed, which should add another 5 to 10 to the wheels I hope. Chuck is working on that.
S'vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • El Paso / Las Cruces Area Thread
  •  
     
    Reply

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    **Busy Delivery week 5-14-17 Corvette barn finds/throwbacks-Mike Furman 301-212-4420* [email protected] C7 Z06 Discussion 11 05-15-2017 08:47 PM
    Pic heavy Delivery post 1/21/17 throwback pics from Mike Furman at Criswell********** [email protected] C7 Z06 Discussion 18 01-25-2017 02:41 PM
    From All Over The Country I finally will meet these Special Dozen at Spring Mountain* [email protected] C7 Z06 Discussion 7 10-06-2016 08:42 PM
    Mechanic in El Paso/Las Cruces? montman C6 Corvette General Discussion 2 07-21-2016 05:05 PM


    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Click for Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Forum Jump

    Sponsored Ads
    Vendor Directory

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:02 AM.


    We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
     
    • Ask a Question
      Get answers from community experts
    Question Title:
    Description:
    Your question will be posted in: