Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

El Paso / Las Cruces Area Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 07:43 PM
insertclevername
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just spoke with Roger at ASR, we are a go (up to 5 cars) Monday May 11.

Hours= 9-5
Be at the gate at least by 845.

I forgot to ask if they accept anything but cash, but I would bring cash payment $100

Who's going

1. Me
2. Medic 343
Old 05-09-2015, 10:09 PM
hxrly
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by insertclevername
Just spoke with Roger at ASR, we are a go (up to 5 cars) Monday May 11.

Hours= 9-5
Be at the gate at least by 845.

I forgot to ask if they accept anything but cash, but I would bring cash payment $100

Who's going

1. Me
2. Medic 343
Can't make it on Monday.
Old 05-10-2015, 12:27 PM
medic_343
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know it's a Monday but I'm hoping we can get a couple more people out here with us! Might be time to call in sick haha...
Old 05-10-2015, 06:15 PM
insertclevername
Instructor

Yeah, it's a bummer more won't be able to join, but I'm only able due to vacation.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:18 PM
insertclevername
Instructor

Here are my 2 best laps from yesterday, they were back to back.

Thanks for coming out, it was great meeting you medic 343.

Old 05-12-2015, 04:19 PM
dbhajek
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great driving Eric, the track looks really fun also.

Like I said before I wish I was closer.

Bud
Old 05-13-2015, 01:02 AM
insertclevername
Instructor

Thanks Bud, it was a fun day.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:16 PM
Xfactors
Instructor

Yes, I know this is a corvette forum, but I thought some here might be interested in seeing the reveal of the new 6 gen 2016 Camaro. I have a vette, but I still love Camaros. I had a 2013 Camaro and loved it. It was a blast to drive. I'm very happy with the vette I have now. It's a lot of fun to drive, and it's a nice car. My brother-in-law has a 2013 ZL1 Camaro, and he really likes it. I also like the mustang, the challenger, and the charger. I think all those cars are beautiful.

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news...o-generation-6

Last edited by Xfactors; 05-17-2015 at 03:29 PM.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:50 PM
medic_343
Instructor

05/11/15 04 Z06 @ Arroyo Seco - YouTube
Heck yeah! That's good driving man. It was good to get out thanks for the invite. For my first time to a track I had a great time. I'm still working on editing my video, I'll post it up when I'm done.

On a side note, do you think it's possible that the heat generated from the front rotors could expand the wheels? Reason I ask is because I lost a center cap the next day and upon checking all the other ones they are all loose inside the other wheels.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:25 PM
insertclevername
Instructor

Originally Posted by medic_343
Heck yeah! That's good driving man. It was good to get out thanks for the invite. For my first time to a track I had a great time. I'm still working on editing my video, I'll post it up when I'm done.

On a side note, do you think it's possible that the heat generated from the front rotors could expand the wheels? Reason I ask is because I lost a center cap the next day and upon checking all the other ones they are all loose inside the other wheels.
Thanks bro, it was awesome you made it out. You did great out there for your first time, just takes bit to get used to driving deep in the braking areas.

If the caps use a thin metal clip or plastic to hold in place. I guess the heat could have weakened the retention strength.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:47 PM
hxrly
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

05/11/15 04 Z06 @ Arroyo Seco - YouTube
Nice driving man. I was supposed to rent the track with a group of buddies today but a couple of people backed out last minute.

We had a badass C5 Z06 at the autocross last weekend that kicked everyone's butt. You should bring out yours and help me run over some of those stupid cones.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:32 PM
insertclevername
Instructor

Originally Posted by hxrly
Nice driving man. I was supposed to rent the track with a group of buddies today but a couple of people backed out last minute.

We had a badass C5 Z06 at the autocross last weekend that kicked everyone's butt. You should bring out yours and help me run over some of those stupid cones.

Thanks, that track is hard on the left front.

Sounds like some fun, I never autocross, I like speed to much, so I have just stuck to tracks in the past. I'll give it a go though!

Show me the way and I'll show you some flying cones!
Old 06-15-2015, 04:42 PM
insertclevername
Instructor

I got a power steering fluid leak after the Arroyo Seco day. I found the source to be the front seal on the pump. I ended up buying a modified pump and aluminum pulley from TurnOne. I got them in this Sat. and the Z is back on the road holding it's fluids.
Old 06-21-2015, 01:43 AM
medic_343
Instructor

Default Recommendations!?

Been thinking lately about stepping it up and need some recommendations. I am really leaning toward a cam only setup for both budget and daily driving purposes. I'm willing to make a trip out of it if you have had good luck with a shop out of town. So let's hear it....
Old 06-21-2015, 07:16 PM
insertclevername
Instructor

Been thinking lately about stepping it up and need some recommendations. I am really leaning toward a cam only setup for both budget and daily driving purposes. I'm willing to make a trip out of it if you have had good luck with a shop out of town. So let's hear it....
I wish I could help, but I'm not familiar with the shops in the area. I think you could find a reputable shop in the Dallas/Ft Worth area.

Good luck bro.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:02 PM
Edmond
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Honestly, if you're not going to go with headers, I would hold off on the cam. A cam itself is cheap but the labor to install won't be and it has to be tuned. You can do long tube headers for $1200 by yourself and it won't necessarily have to be tuned.

Texas Speed Performance near Austin has a great reputation as does LG in Dallas.
Old 06-22-2015, 01:31 AM
medic_343
Instructor

Originally Posted by Edmond
Honestly, if you're not going to go with headers, I would hold off on the cam. A cam itself is cheap but the labor to install won't be and it has to be tuned. You can do long tube headers for $1200 by yourself and it won't necessarily have to be tuned.

Texas Speed Performance near Austin has a great reputation as does LG in Dallas.
I already have a full exhaust setup including headers so that's why I'm thinking a cam is the next step. I've dealt with Texas speed back when I had my trans am but I think they moved from Lubbock right? Anything worthwhile to the west? I frequent Phoenix a lot more than I do Texas lol.

Get notified of new replies

To El Paso / Las Cruces Area Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 09:01 AM
Edmond
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

I already have a full exhaust setup including headers so that's why I'm thinking a cam is the next step. I've dealt with Texas speed back when I had my trans am but I think they moved from Lubbock right? Anything worthwhile to the west? I frequent Phoenix a lot more than I do Texas lol.
Yep, used to be Lubbock.

I can't recall the name of the shop in Phoenix but it was mentioned a few times here. It would be closer than going to Austin. LOL.

Or that shop might be in Tucson. I'm not sure.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:49 PM
insertclevername
Instructor

Back some time ago my friend and I installed a cam and many other things on his 03 Z. He got it tuned I think three times before it was as good as it was going to get. The first tune was done by Norris in Orlando, then he hooked up with a couple other well known tuners. He didn't enjoy the car as much after the cam, he said that he should of went smaller. The problem with doing a cam is, since your doing it get it big enough. If you are a daily driver get a mild cam, and I think you'll be happy.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:37 PM
greatgonzer
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I hope that some of you guys will make it to the August 2 "Summer in Hyde park" in Santa Fe. Literally hundreds of Corvettes from all around gather in Santa Fe for a trip up to Hyde Park for a meet and free lunch. It's a blast. Here is some info and sign up page:

http://www.oldsantafetrailcorvettes...._Hyde_Park.php

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: El Paso / Las Cruces Area Thread