Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

DFW Weekly GTG : Murphy, Plano, Wylie, Richardson, Garland, Sachse, and area #20

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 10:17 AM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Default DFW Weekly GTG : Murphy, Plano, Wylie, Richardson, Garland, Sachse, and area #20

Everyone:

Welcome to Collin County Corvette Club !

See our WEB site at www.C2C2.org

We meet every Sunday Evening @ 7 p.m.
(We may still meet in our daily drivers if it’s raining or other bad weather)

Brick House Tavern + Tap
4900 W Park Blvd, Plano, TX
(972) 596-0916
brickhousetavernandtap.com

For our lowered Corvette's its best to ENTER and EXIT right in front of Brickhouse.
The entry close to Chilli's has a LARGE dip that is not desirable for our car's.

This is an informal get together for anyone that enjoys cold drinks, good food, and everything about Corvettes!
You can choose to meet with us weekly, every other week, or once in a while (whatever works best for you).
Even if you can’t stay for food or a drink, stop by just to say hi and take a quick look at the other vettes.
We look forward to meeting you for the first time or greeting the regulars that we have become friends with.
Bring your Wife, Girlfriend, or Significant other. We welcome everyone.
Feel free to email or PM me (Mark) if you have questions (MSILVERZ06@yahoo.com)

Subscribe to this post because we also organize local events throughout the year you may be interested in attending with us !

Toque

Here is a map with the GTG location. I hope you are able to make it out!

I also wanted to throw out a special tribute to our Friend Harry !
We will all miss you very much my friend, and will continue to "Raise a Glass" in your honor as much as possible

Old 07-23-2013, 10:22 AM
Chaplain
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

You guys are amazing. to the Corvette community.

Chaplain
Old 07-23-2013, 10:22 AM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,193 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

First in!
Old 07-23-2013, 10:39 AM
randy40th
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Evan70
First in!
No, apparently you're not.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:03 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

I went down yesterday to the shop that I was going to buy my new rear tires from and found out that the company that makes my front tires no longer carries the stock Corvette rear tire size. This sucks because the price for what are throw-away tires for me was perfect; for the number of miles I drive it doesn't make sense to buy a set of the much more expensive tires, such as Michelin P/S and Bridgestone Potenza.

I decided to check out Craigslist to see if I could find something similar to my front tires, found an even better deal, and picked them up last night. I had them mounted this morning and will post pics later today after I finish cleaning off the dirt from last week's rain.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:17 PM
TUMMSVette
Pro

Old 07-23-2013, 01:54 PM
TXVette435
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
I went down yesterday to the shop that I was going to buy my new rear tires from and found out that the company that makes my front tires no longer carries the stock Corvette rear tire size. This sucks because the price for what are throw-away tires for me was perfect; for the number of miles I drive it doesn't make sense to buy a set of the much more expensive tires, such as Michelin P/S and Bridgestone Potenza.

I decided to check out Craigslist to see if I could find something similar to my front tires, found an even better deal, and picked them up last night. I had them mounted this morning and will post pics later today after I finish cleaning off the dirt from last week's rain.
Go with Falken or Hankook
Old 07-23-2013, 02:08 PM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 865 Likes on 601 Posts

Old 07-23-2013, 03:01 PM
Chaplain
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Nice move sir...
Old 07-23-2013, 04:58 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Old 07-23-2013, 05:23 PM
Millenium Z06

Received 312 Likes on 246 Posts

That was quick:
http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/pts/3953501004.html
Old 07-23-2013, 05:56 PM
MBB
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Is anyone free tonight to help me swap axle backs? I've had three people flake on me thus far, and the shop I normally go to says they don't know if they will have the time.

Yay Ed!
Old 07-23-2013, 07:56 PM
acscogginjr
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

First in!
That's what she said!
Old 07-23-2013, 08:44 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

I finally finished cleaning the outside of my car; it was extremely dirty and took me 10 hours just to clean the outside properly. Did the usual waterless wash followed by a coat of Meguiar's Cleaner Wax to make a good base for the second coat of wax using Meguair's Gold Class Carnauba Plus. I pulled all of the wheels off and cleaned inside the fender wells as well as cleaning the wheels inside and out. Tomorrow I'll take care of the interior and under the hood.

The new tires are looking pretty good. The ones I got yesterday are Nitto 555 Extreme ZR's that normally run around $200+ each, but I got my pair for $300. They are practically brand new as they only have 500 miles on them and I am loving the quiet ride and excellent handling. Driving the car is a completely different experience now. I was just planning on getting cheap throw-away tires and ended up with the perfect tire for my car, and for not much more than what I was going to spend on the cheap tires.

I told Discount Tire to burn the run flats.

Here's a few pics. The fit in the fender well is pretty good.

I'll be heading out to Texas Motorplex in Ennis this Friday as I can finally run my car on the track to see what it's capable of if anyone wants to join me. The more the merrier.

Last edited by Corvette_Ed; 07-23-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:32 PM
Millenium Z06

Originally Posted by MBB
Is anyone free tonight to help me swap axle backs? I've had three people flake on me thus far, and the shop I normally go to says they don't know if they will have the time.

Yay Ed!
Mike, I can help you on Friday or Sat
Old 07-23-2013, 11:15 PM
TXVette435
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I finally finished cleaning the outside of my car; it was extremely dirty and took me 10 hours just to clean the outside properly. Did the usual waterless wash followed by a coat of Meguiar's Cleaner Wax to make a good base for the second coat of wax using Meguair's Gold Class Carnauba Plus. I pulled all of the wheels off and cleaned inside the fender wells as well as cleaning the wheels inside and out. Tomorrow I'll take care of the interior and under the hood.

The new tires are looking pretty good. The ones I got yesterday are Nitto 555 Extreme ZR's that normally run around $200+ each, but I got my pair for $300. They are practically brand new as they only have 500 miles on them and I am loving the quiet ride and excellent handling. Driving the car is a completely different experience now. I was just planning on getting cheap throw-away tires and ended up with the perfect tire for my car, and for not much more than what I was going to spend on the cheap tires.

I told Discount Tire to burn the run flats.
You were very quick. Tripple 5s are good tires I have them on my 69 Mach 1.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:01 AM
MBB
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Millenium Z06
Mike, I can help you on Friday or Sat
Thanks...after futzing with it for a few hours tonight I'm just taking it to the shop in the morning. Who designed an exhaust system that requires unbolting everything north of the midpipe just to take off the axle back?!!? It's madness!!!

Get notified of new replies

To DFW Weekly GTG : Murphy, Plano, Wylie, Richardson, Garland, Sachse, and area #20

Old 07-24-2013, 01:05 AM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,193 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Millenium Z06
He said he's selling his C5Z he just bought because the Recaro sliders won't fit. Seems a little strange to give up that easily after having just bought the car, seats and wheels.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:28 AM
Millenium Z06

He said he's selling his C5Z he just bought because the Recaro sliders won't fit. Seems a little strange to give up that easily after having just bought the car, seats and wheels.

Sounds like he bought it without permission, thats what happens when you get married (MBB)

Last edited by Millenium Z06; 07-24-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:56 AM
SRVVR
Burning Brakes

Quick Reply: DFW Weekly GTG : Murphy, Plano, Wylie, Richardson, Garland, Sachse, and area #20