Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

DFW Weekly GTG : Murphy, Plano, Wylie, Richardson, Garland, Sachse, and area #21

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 12:33 AM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Default DFW Weekly GTG : Murphy, Plano, Wylie, Richardson, Garland, Sachse, and area #21

Everyone:

Welcome to Collin County Corvette Club !

See our WEB site at www.C2C2.org

We meet every Sunday Evening @ 7 p.m.
(We may still meet in our daily drivers if it’s raining or other bad weather)

Brick House Tavern + Tap
4900 W Park Blvd, Plano, TX
(972) 596-0916
brickhousetavernandtap.com

For our lowered Corvette's its best to ENTER and EXIT right in front of Brickhouse.
The entry close to Chilli's has a LARGE dip that is not desirable for our car's.

This is an informal get together for anyone that enjoys cold drinks, good food, and everything about Corvettes!
You can choose to meet with us weekly, every other week, or once in a while (whatever works best for you).
Even if you can’t stay for food or a drink, stop by just to say hi and take a quick look at the other vettes.
We look forward to meeting you for the first time or greeting the regulars that we have become friends with.
Bring your Wife, Girlfriend, or Significant other. We welcome everyone.
Feel free to email or PM me (Mark) if you have questions (MSILVERZ06@yahoo.com)

Subscribe to this post because we also organize local events throughout the year you may be interested in attending with us !

Toque

Here is a map with the GTG location. I hope you are able to make it out!

I also wanted to throw out a special tribute to our Friend Harry !
We will all miss you very much my friend, and will continue to "Raise a Glass" in your honor as much as possible

Old 08-19-2013, 12:43 AM
Maxx_Z06
Safety Car

Received 277 Likes on 85 Posts
C5 COTM Coordinator

First!!!
Old 08-19-2013, 06:21 AM
acscogginjr
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Sloppy seconds!
Old 08-19-2013, 07:12 AM
SRVVR
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 08-19-2013, 08:59 AM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Uhh,,how do I subscribe

Old 08-19-2013, 09:14 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,841 Likes on 1,801 Posts

I had an interesting weekend.

Had to drop my Discrete Math class on Friday to preserve my GPA. I'll be retaking it after I've spent some time with a tutor and can actually understand what I'm doing.

My car was hit on Saturday while out with my daughter. An idiot lady didn't stay in her lane while we were both making a left-hand turn. Nothing cracked, but she did hit me hard enough to misalign and push in the left side of the bumper where it meets the fender. She's trying to argue that she didn't hit me even though both myself and my daughter felt the impact and heard a loud crunch come from the nose. I'm pretty sure the impact foam behind the bumper cover was damaged and it's possible the fender might have been bent. The insurance adjuster is supposed to be here today. I have pics of the exact spot that I took a couple of weeks ago after I had the new stripes put on so I have evidence that there is damage. Even the cop that showed up acted like I was lieing about the accident despite my daughter confirming everything I was saying. They just don't understand that Corvette body panels have a lot of bend in them.

The clean spot on the dirt on her door that lined up perfectly with the spot she hit should hopefully help prove that an impact actually did happen. I have a witness; she doesn't, despite her entire family showing up at the spot we'd pulled over at. Five cars showed up, all driven by her family members.

Sunday I took Rylie out to the beach at Lake Joe Pool and I left looking like a lobster. The supposed "waterproof" sunscreen proved to not be so waterproof.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:23 AM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,263 Likes on 1,186 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

That sucks Ed, hope it all works out.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:28 AM
TUMMSVette
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 08-19-2013, 09:30 AM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,263 Likes on 1,186 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Cool pics, C7 cut-away shots.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:54 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Originally Posted by Evan70
That sucks Ed, hope it all works out.
Thanks Evan. I hope it does too.

Could someone please send Dewayne's address and phone number in a PM to me please? If anyone repairs my car I'd like it to be him.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:13 AM
acscogginjr
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

So Tim and I got rikkis transmission fluid changed and new brake pads and rotors on her car as well as both of our cars washed. I would say a successful day. We also talked about going shotgun shooting sometime and wanted to extend the invite to anyone interested. It is a series of 12 spots that you access via golf cart and you shoot clay targets that come from a variety of different directions. You keep score similar to golf based on how many you shoot. It is about $60 a person and that includes the golf cart! You can bring your own gun/ammo or rent some of theirs. We could go early one Saturday or Sunday morning.

Austin
Old 08-19-2013, 12:04 PM
David426
Safety Car

Received 130 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed

Had to drop my Discrete Math class on Friday to preserve my GPA. I'll be retaking it after I've spent some time with a tutor and can actually understand what I'm doing.

My car was hit on Saturday while out with my daughter. An idiot lady didn't stay in her lane while we were both making a left-hand turn. Nothing cracked, but she did hit me hard enough to misalign and push in the left side of the bumper where it meets the fender. She's trying to argue that she didn't hit me even though both myself and my daughter felt the impact and heard a loud crunch come from the nose. I'm pretty sure the impact foam behind the bumper cover was damaged and it's possible the fender might have been bent. The insurance adjuster is supposed to be here today. I have pics of the exact spot that I took a couple of weeks ago after I had the new stripes put on so I have evidence that there is damage. Even the cop that showed up acted like I was lieing about the accident despite my daughter confirming everything I was saying. They just don't understand that Corvette body panels have a lot of bend in them.

The clean spot on the dirt on her door that lined up perfectly with the spot she hit should hopefully help prove that an impact actually did happen. I have a witness; she doesn't, despite her entire family showing up at the spot we'd pulled over at. Five cars showed up, all driven by her family members.

Sunday I took Rylie out to the beach at Lake Joe Pool and I left looking like a lobster. The supposed "waterproof" sunscreen proved to not be so waterproof.
That would make me sick.. Keep us posted Ed... Hope everything works out for you.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:50 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Originally Posted by David426
That would make me sick.. Keep us posted Ed... Hope everything works out for you.
Thanks David. I am not happy about the situation. I still can't believe the lady tried to drive away and claims she didn't hit me. The clean spot in the dirt on her door that lines up perfectly with my bumper/fender should have been enough evidence.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:38 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Dam Ed,,don't tell me the bad luck is back I hate to hear that but Dewayne can fix it like new for sure. hopefully her insurance company will come through,,you have turned the claim in to them haven't you? You did get pictures at the scene didn't you? Probably broke the running light lens too or cracked them,,,look close

Last edited by Dirty Harry; 08-19-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:03 PM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 864 Likes on 601 Posts

Old 08-19-2013, 04:05 PM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 864 Likes on 601 Posts

Thanks David. I am not happy about the situation. I still can't believe the lady tried to drive away and claims she didn't hit me. The clean spot in the dirt on her door that lines up perfectly with my bumper/fender should have been enough evidence.
Wow...

Sarah got rear ended Friday morning by a dude that drives a Lincoln town car for one of these limousine companies in town. Dude bumps Sarah then jumps out and offers her $45 cash instead of calling their insurance.

Estimate to fix it is $600. Basically the bumper has to come off and be repainted.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:17 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Originally Posted by Dirty Harry
Dam Ed,,don't tell me the bad luck is back I hate to hear that but Dewayne can fix it like new for sure. hopefully her insurance company will come through,,you have turned the calim in to them haven't you? You did get pictures at the scene didn't you? Probably broke the running light lens too or cracked them,,,look close
I'm not sure if the bad luck is back or not. I'll find out when my lawyer lets me know if he's willing to take the case or not, and if the lady's insurance company tries to deny the accident.

I did get plenty of pictures and fired all of them off to my insurance and lawyer today. I also just got back from the dealership so I could get a tentative estimate for repairs and just from what the guy could see the repairs are ball-parked at just shy of $2000. Both wheels on the passenger side took a good amount of road rash from the concrete divider I was pushed into and will need to be replaced. Also, the driver's side headlight has cracked pivots so that whole assembly will have to be replaced as well. The lights wouldn't even come up when I first tried to turn them on. He had to mess with them to get them to go up and down again, so probably additional damage there.

He also said that there is most likely additional damage inside the nose under the headlight because there's something that feels like it's cracked but there's no way to tell until the fender is removed, and no way to determine any damage behind the bumper cover until it is removed too. The fender liner has moved also; the metal clips that the screws go into that hold it in place are exposed and they should not be, which indicates that it was pushed by the collision.

I still need to get Dewayne's address and/or phone number so I can take the car up there to him to get an estimate if anyone can please provide me with that information.

Get notified of new replies

To DFW Weekly GTG : Murphy, Plano, Wylie, Richardson, Garland, Sachse, and area #21

Old 08-19-2013, 04:19 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Originally Posted by Tim05C6Z51
Wow...

Sarah got rear ended Friday morning by a dude that drives a Lincoln town car for one of these limousine companies in town. Dude bumps Sarah then jumps out and offers her $45 cash instead of calling their insurance.

Estimate to fix it is $600. Basically the bumper has to come off and be repainted.
The guy actually expected her to accept $45? What a jerk.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:24 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Great news! Just got off the phone with my attorney and he's agreed to take the case! He's sending someone out here tomorrow to bring me the contract so we can get things rolling. That's a huge weight off my shoulders; I've been worrying all day about having to fight State Farm all by myself.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:08 PM
TXVette435
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxx_Z06
First!!!
And I'm last.

It sucks Ed, not a Vette! You get it fixed.

Thanks Evan. I hope it does too.

Could someone please send Dewayne's address and phone number in a PM to me please? If anyone repairs my car I'd like it to be him.
PM for Duwayne sent.

Last edited by TXVette435; 08-19-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Quick Reply: DFW Weekly GTG : Murphy, Plano, Wylie, Richardson, Garland, Sachse, and area #21