Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Weekly Meet: North Dallas, Addison, Carrollton, Colony, W Plano, Allen, Frisco, Etc.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 02:30 PM
MBB
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

You and the little woman were missed last night Vann!
Old 04-28-2014, 03:22 PM
David426
Safety Car

Received 130 Likes on 39 Posts

Before and after pictures of sinkhole Museum cars http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/26/travel...ate/index.html a few are beyond repair, especially the 2001 Mallet Z06

Last edited by David426; 04-28-2014 at 03:25 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:34 PM
VPP
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MBB
Sad we missed y'all! Next week

Originally Posted by David426
Before and after pictures of sinkhole Museum cars http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/26/travel...ate/index.html a few are beyond repair, especially the 2001 Mallet Z06
Ouch!! What a cringe-worthy comparison!
The Mallett Hammer makes me want to cry!

--
VPP
Old 04-28-2014, 04:11 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by VPP
Ah! Now you're just rubbing it in!!

This is what we were dealing with all weekend...

and this is AFTER we set about 95% of the junk out into the driveway... the massive pile out in the middle is a junk service loading and filling a 20' trailer that ended up being piled about 7' high!

Good news is now my 300zx won't have the ceiling cave in on it

--
VPP
OMG! You told me it was bad but I thought you might have been exaggerating a little But you weren't, glad you are done Should have snapped some pictures of the 300zx
Old 04-28-2014, 04:12 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by MBB
Old 04-28-2014, 04:17 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Man what a mess David , the ZR1 C6 came out the best of any
Old 04-28-2014, 11:43 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Oh Vann, in answer to your question the parking was fine and the Venue/Food was as good as when the 4 of us ate there the weekend before. We had a table that was right up front so we could see out the front window where we were parked. I guess you could actually call that the side window since it faces the side parking but that is where the door to the restaurant is so I call it the front,, We can talk about other options in case we all want to try a different restaurant one night but we can still meet up at the same parking lot. We will talk next time you have time and we can come up with a plan
Old 04-29-2014, 09:42 AM
1BADLS
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty Harry
Sean, good to meet you last night Beautiful GS

As always it was a pleasure to see Mike and Melissa

Maybe we will see Rikki with you next time Austin Good to see you
Thanks. I love my Grand Sport. It's slow compared to my old 08 Supercharged Coupe though. I think your GTG would have a better turnout if it was on a different day. Late on a school night may keep a few people with young kids from attending. Thanks again, Shawn
Attached Images  
Old 04-29-2014, 01:05 PM
Cathole
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blownls3
Thanks. I love my Grand Sport. It's slow compared to my old 08 Supercharged Coupe though. I think your GTG would have a better turnout if it was on a different day. Late on a school night may keep a few people with young kids from attending. Thanks again, Shawn
awesome pic
Old 04-29-2014, 01:16 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

It was a pleasure Shawn Sorry on the name misspell, I only have one other friend that spells his Shawn, so I took the chance that it was Sean My bad We may move it up to 6 instead of 7. We usually do other outings on Saturday, Cruises to Kellers and other shows, is why we picked Sunday Vann and I will discuss Love having you
Old 04-29-2014, 01:17 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Cathole
awesome pic
Old 04-29-2014, 01:45 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Default Time change

Vann and I have talked and made the decision to move the meet time to reflect 6pm instead of 7. Shawn I hope this helps you and others that have kids and those that may have early morning jobs like Kevin who gets up at 4:30am. We are trying to stay flexible for our members needs. We know we can't make everyone happy all the time but will try

Last edited by Dirty Harry; 04-29-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:45 PM
VPP
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty Harry
Oh Vann, in answer to your question the parking was fine and the Venue/Food was as good as when the 4 of us ate there the weekend before. We had a table that was right up front so we could see out the front window where we were parked. I guess you could actually call that the side window since it faces the side parking but that is where the door to the restaurant is so I call it the front,, We can talk about other options in case we all want to try a different restaurant one night but we can still meet up at the same parking lot. We will talk next time you have time and we can come up with a plan
Happy to hear the venue, food/seating and parking worked out!
Hopefully they'll continue to be able to accommodate the group every week

Nice GS! Love the plates

We've bumped the next meet up to 6pm which should help a little while we discuss the possibility for other potential days/times for the meet.

--
Vann
Old 04-30-2014, 09:59 AM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by VPP
Happy to hear the venue, food/seating and parking worked out!
Hopefully they'll continue to be able to accommodate the group every week

Nice GS! Love the plates

We've bumped the next meet up to 6pm which should help a little while we discuss the possibility for other potential days/times for the meet.

--
Vann
Glad y'all are back for this Sunday weekly meet up 6pm Will work good I think It may be more crowded in the Whiskey Cake at that time but if we can get a reserved table it will work great
Old 04-30-2014, 01:32 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

Hey Dustin,

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog/frameset.cfm
Old 04-30-2014, 09:10 PM
MBB
Melting Slicks

C&C this week!
Old 04-30-2014, 09:18 PM
David426
Safety Car

Received 130 Likes on 39 Posts

I thought I would let everyone know that my A/C compressor was on its way out... It put out cool air but not ice cold air... Compressor was putting out 25 psi.. Thats ok if the temperature is under 80 degrees outside, otherwise it sucks azz! We have 4 shops that specialize in Corvettes... Shop#1 said they were unable to do A/C work because they did not have the equipment, so they refered me to an automotive a/c shop... I was a little bit shocked... Shop #2 was way overpriced.. Shop#3 only said I needed a Compressor only.. 3 Things are mandatory when you replace an a/c compressor!! Accumulator, compressor and orifice!! Always! It would be like not replacing a throw out bearing and pressure plate on a clutch job.. WTF? Anyhow Shop #4 did the job, with genuine GM Parts, in about 4 hours at a very reasonable price... Two thumbs up for 21st Century Muscle car, especially Matt, who called me 3 times, when the parts came in, when the work was started and the last call was when the work was finished...All in a days work... Awesome job!

Last edited by David426; 04-30-2014 at 09:23 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Weekly Meet: North Dallas, Addison, Carrollton, Colony, W Plano, Allen, Frisco, Etc.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:25 PM
TXVette435
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MBB
C&C this week!
I'll be at spot 6:15am with couple friends corvette, viper and new BMW GT. Hope you guys don't mind. This morning I'll make a time for C&C.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:05 PM
MBB
Melting Slicks

You're always welcome.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:31 PM
Dirty Harry
Le Mans Master

I thought I would let everyone know that my A/C compressor was on its way out... It put out cool air but not ice cold air... Compressor was putting out 25 psi.. Thats ok if the temperature is under 80 degrees outside, otherwise it sucks azz! We have 4 shops that specialize in Corvettes... Shop#1 said they were unable to do A/C work because they did not have the equipment, so they refered me to an automotive a/c shop... I was a little bit shocked... Shop #2 was way overpriced.. Shop#3 only said I needed a Compressor only.. 3 Things are mandatory when you replace an a/c compressor!! Accumulator, compressor and orifice!! Always! It would be like not replacing a throw out bearing and pressure plate on a clutch job.. WTF? Anyhow Shop #4 did the job, with genuine GM Parts, in about 4 hours at a very reasonable price... Two thumbs up for 21st Century Muscle car, especially Matt, who called me 3 times, when the parts came in, when the work was started and the last call was when the work was finished...All in a days work... Awesome job!
David, I'm glad you went to the professionals 21st Century Muscle Car is the shop of my choice as well. I have had several items completed there and have never been disappointed Matt and John are great and have been around the longest in Corvette repair in our area.

Quick Reply: Weekly Meet: North Dallas, Addison, Carrollton, Colony, W Plano, Allen, Frisco, Etc.