Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Service provider recommendations for Austin, TX area

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 09:10 AM
beepster
Melting Slicks

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Spinny
Just took my Vette in today to have the flickering screen fixed. I made the appointment last week with Dennis Orts. When I arrived today and asked for him, I was told that he no longer worked there. I was sent to a service writer named Mari Auston, who seeme quite helpful.
Yeah, I was told that Shann had "retired"...Mari is supposed to be the resident Corvette expert. Car dealerships are a revolving door...so far I've had pretty good service from Hewlett though. Tip: If you leave your car for an oil change, be sure to specify # of qts to be added (6 1/2 for base C7) The 7 qts recommended in the handbook results in an overfill...
Old 11-17-2015, 09:58 AM
softwarejanitor
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Spinny
Just took my Vette in today to have the flickering screen fixed. I made the appointment last week with Dennis Orts. When I arrived today and asked for him, I was told that he no longer worked there. I was sent to a service writer named Mari Auston, who seeme quite helpful.
FWIW... A little googling I found that Dennis Orts is currently working at a BMW dealer in the Houston area.
Old 11-17-2015, 10:04 AM
softwarejanitor
Pro

Originally Posted by AORoads
Anyone know anything about this Lonestar Corvette repair shop in Austin on 290? (tech owner, John Dodd)
FWIW -- John Dodd apparently no longer works at Longhorn Corvette. His LinkedIn profile says "seeking work".
Old 05-26-2016, 10:06 PM
jt11
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this is an old thread, but figured it didn't hurt to try posting. I also posted this on another.

Have any of you been to Luxury Auto Works? They have a ton of good reviews. The models they work on don't include GM vehicles, but they did say to come on it. Long story short, I purchased a CPO '12 coupe a couple of weeks ago, and it has an issue that's being worked on. I'm interested in a full pre-buy inspection, and yes, I do realize this is backwards. Prefer a non GM dealership.

http://luxuryautoworks.com/
Old 05-31-2016, 11:33 PM
flynhi
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Austin Inspector

Talk to the folks at AutoTek on Gillis st.
They are excellent.

Will
Old 06-01-2016, 09:48 PM
jt11
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ended up here, no complaints.

http://www.austincorvette.com/
Old 06-01-2016, 10:12 PM
softwarejanitor
Pro

I've been quite pleased with the quality of service I've gotten from Austin Corvette.

Quick Reply: Service provider recommendations for Austin, TX area