New to Prescott AZ

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 11:45 PM
vetteguy22
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Default New to Prescott AZ

Hi guys,
I have recently moved to the Prescott Valley area of AZ and am hoping to find others who enjoy not only driving their cars but working on them also.
Doesn't have to be corvettes only, just car guys who like to hang out together and have fun playing with them.
Just as a background, I have a 1970 C3 with an all tube chassis. The motor is a small block 427 gen 1 putting out 603 hp coupled to a t56 magnum 6 speed trani. It has dual adjustable coil overs in each corner and 1993 ZR1 suspension.
I'm one of the lucky ones who has a wife who is also a car person. She has her own 1982 vette with only 35,000 original miles.
As soon as I get my shop situated I will start building her Datsun 510 which is scheduled to have the motor and trani from a 2005 gto.
Just looking to find like minded people to hang out with.
Rob
Old 02-24-2017, 08:39 AM
mstromquist
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,866 Likes on 1,672 Posts
2015 C5 of the Year Winner

Welcome to AZ. I'm a ways from you but check out http://www.arizonacorvetteenthusiasts.net. It's free and no fees. There's also an all Corvette show every 3rd Saturday in September that has like 250+ cars. There's a few from that forum up your way also.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:40 AM
mstromquist
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Sounds like you have some great toys to play with.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:52 AM
vetteguy22
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mstromquist
Welcome to AZ. I'm a ways from you but check out http://www.arizonacorvetteenthusiasts.net. It's free and no fees. There's also an all Corvette show every 3rd Saturday in September that has like 250+ cars. There's a few from that forum up your way also.
Thanks for the input.
I was fortunate enough to make it here just in time for the Corvette show last September. It was a nice show with great results. I took first in C3 modified and also took one of the sponsors choice awards.
I will check out the site you mention.
I just would really like to find some guys to hang out with who really work on their cars instead of only drive them.
I'm a divisional tech inspector for SCCA from northern CA but there doesn't seem to be much SCCA road race events locally either.
I understand that there are some nice tracks in the Phoenix area but I haven't made it there yet.
I enjoy tracking my car when I can.
I am afraid I may not pass sound regs with my side pipes though.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:33 AM
mstromquist
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cool, I didn't make it to that show last year. I'm usually in Nebraska visiting family that weekend. I'm sure there's plenty of people up your way that work on their own cars. There use to be a project weekend kind of thing on ACE but it seems to have disappeared for some reason. People would post up that they were dong something to their car and have people over to either help or just sit around and BS. It was pretty fun. If you have facebook you might want to check that our also for the same forum. I don't so I can't tell you how it is. Seems more people are going that way these days instead of posting on the forum. Maybe I'll see you around if you ever get down this way. Take care and good luck.
Old 02-25-2017, 11:11 PM
vetteguy22
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mstromquist
Cool, I didn't make it to that show last year. I'm usually in Nebraska visiting family that weekend. I'm sure there's plenty of people up your way that work on their own cars. There use to be a project weekend kind of thing on ACE but it seems to have disappeared for some reason. People would post up that they were dong something to their car and have people over to either help or just sit around and BS. It was pretty fun. If you have facebook you might want to check that our also for the same forum. I don't so I can't tell you how it is. Seems more people are going that way these days instead of posting on the forum. Maybe I'll see you around if you ever get down this way. Take care and good luck.

Thanks for the info.
I posted last night on ACE.
I just really enjoy spending time around people who really enjoy their rides. I don't care if it's working on mine or others, it's just better with company.
The following users liked this post:
mstromquist (02-26-2017)
Old 02-26-2017, 10:26 AM
mstromquist
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

I agree. I love being around cars and people. I like all kinds of cars and whatnot so being specific to Corvettes isn't for me either. That's why I do the show thing. Hope to see you around sometime.

Get notified of new replies

To New to Prescott AZ

Quick Reply: New to Prescott AZ