Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Any Las Vegas members that can help with advice on a car

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 05:37 PM
DanMan35
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 74 Posts

Default Any Las Vegas members that can help with advice on a car

I live in Las Vegas but I'm no mechanic and although I love these cars I don't know a whole lot about what to look for when buying a Z06. There is a local Z06 that I am interested in purchasing but I would feel more comfortable if I had someone inspect the car with me and point out anything they think would need to be fixed. I would pay you for your time. It's a 2006 Z06, 2LZ with 66,000 miles.

If no one can do that, could anyone recommend a good shop, possibly one that specializes in Corvettes that could inspect the car and give it a clean bill of health?

Last edited by DanMan35; 02-03-2017 at 05:38 PM.
Old 02-04-2017, 01:37 PM
AboveTheLogic
Burning Brakes

Received 102 Likes on 82 Posts

The shop that comes to mind is Tucker's:
http://www.tuckersperformancecenter.com/

I have a '79 and I know that Jim over there knows his Corvettes, I just don't know if he knows newer models as well as older. I am picky with mechanics since I tend to do almost all of my own work, but he was honest and did a good job.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:54 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

Originally Posted by DanMan35
I live in Las Vegas but I'm no mechanic and although I love these cars I don't know a whole lot about what to look for when buying a Z06. There is a local Z06 that I am interested in purchasing but I would feel more comfortable if I had someone inspect the car with me and point out anything they think would need to be fixed. I would pay you for your time. It's a 2006 Z06, 2LZ with 66,000 miles.

If no one can do that, could anyone recommend a good shop, possibly one that specializes in Corvettes that could inspect the car and give it a clean bill of health?
Probably too late for you, but I have heard good things about R&M, here in town. You might give them a call.
-Dan @ R&M Auto Repair Xperts
(702)815-0444

In the future, if you need an opinion, I will be glad to look at a car with you, though z06 is the one I know least about.

Jim, LV
Old 02-18-2017, 11:31 PM
DanMan35
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by buckmeister2
Probably too late for you, but I have heard good things about R&M, here in town. You might give them a call.
-Dan @ R&M Auto Repair Xperts
(702)815-0444

In the future, if you need an opinion, I will be glad to look at a car with you, though z06 is the one I know least about.

Jim, LV
Thank you for the help. Yes it is too late. I bought the car lol. But I did have it checked out by Tucker's GM Performance. Thanks anyways!

Get notified of new replies

To Any Las Vegas members that can help with advice on a car

Quick Reply: Any Las Vegas members that can help with advice on a car