Alignment in San Antonio

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 01:25 AM
JDMricist_03
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Alignment in San Antonio

Hey guys!
Looking to get an alignment in San Antonio. Tried Midas which did great work with some aggressive alignments on my S2000 for autox but the Vette (2003 Z06 highest setting) won't fit on their lifts... Anyone know a good place around here?
Thanks in advance!
Old 03-13-2017, 01:20 PM
Lacey Wulfe
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I went to blackjack. This is where track time performance in houston recomended (where my boyfriend goes to get his BRZ worked on). It turns out that there are two and i didnt pick the one they recomended (i went to the one on I35) I showed them the racing camber specs that chevy puts out (-2 degrees) and got it back @ -.2. When I complained they swore up and down that i couldnt mean 2 and that i must be mistaken. that it was impossible (im a girl so i must not know what im talking about) After a call to the manager and much convincing they, surprise surprise, were able to do it!

The point of my story is, they are the lesser of the evils here in town. They CAN do what you ask, but it may take some convincing.
My suggestion, take it out of town to austin or houston if you can. I know there is a place in austin, austincorvette.com, that specializes in corvettes. I've never been there, but they were recommended to me by winding road (also in austin) who does not specialize in corvettes. There are also some good places in houston, Track time performance, and the shop at MSR houston are both very good.

But if you must keep it in town, go with black jack. Just be very specific with what you want and go to the one on huebner.

This is where track time in houston recomended I go.

I'm actually about to make the same post about getting a cooler installed... i dont feel like driving out of town. I just saw your post and thought i could help out with my experience. Hope this helps
Old 03-15-2017, 11:09 AM
JDMricist_03
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm super glad you posted, thanks. I just wish I saw it sooner! Took it to Firestone yesterday and although the alignment is fine, the steering wheel angle is way off. All they had to do was shift the tie-rod ends a bit to the left on both sides evenly and it would have been perfect but they chose the lazy way out and made me take it back...
Old 03-15-2017, 11:20 AM
Lacey Wulfe
Advanced

Yup! exactly my experience (as far as having to take it back out) I've come to the realization that you have to be so super specific and check and double check because 99.9999999% of the people who come to them are looking for generic factory everything and even if your sales person tells the shop what you want, that doesnt mean that they wont go into autopilot on you
Old 03-30-2017, 12:18 PM
Evo_Joe
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMricist_03
I'm super glad you posted, thanks. I just wish I saw it sooner! Took it to Firestone yesterday and although the alignment is fine, the steering wheel angle is way off. All they had to do was shift the tie-rod ends a bit to the left on both sides evenly and it would have been perfect but they chose the lazy way out and made me take it back...
I would just look for someone local w/ a Hunter Hawkeye
If you want to make sure the steering wheel isn't off, make sure you tell them to plug into the OBDII port and make sure the Steering Wheel is at zero/center when they're getting it done
Shouldn't have to worry about all that if you take it to a stealership though...
Old 03-30-2017, 12:29 PM
Lacey Wulfe
Advanced

I wanted to update. I went to Track Time performance in Houston and they were absolutely AMAZING! Not only did they did an awesome job, but because it was the first trans cooler they had installed on a 2015 they took their time doing it. Like A LOT of time. they also went the extra mile in buttoning everything back up and not just half assing the parts i wouldn't see. To top it off, they stuck to their 4-5 hour quote $$ wise, even though it took many more hours.

I HIGHLY suggest if you can get out to Houston to check them out. they are WELL worth the extra drive.

Get notified of new replies

To Alignment in San Antonio

Quick Reply: Alignment in San Antonio