Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Open Track Day At Eagles Canyon Raceway March 18th

Old 03-13-2017, 11:48 AM
hisvett
Melting Slicks

Received 384 Likes on 244 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Default Open Track Day At Eagles Canyon Raceway March 18th

APRIL DATES NOW POSTED; See you on April 8th and April 29th at Eagles Canyon Raceway

ECR Open Track Day Saturday March 18th CCW direction

What to Expect

Prior to the event.

Your Car or track vehicle needs to be track ready. The tech sheet is only a starting point of trying to ensure your car is track ready. You are responsible for the condition of your car. If you have any questions please ask.
Please make sure your brakes are in track ready condition. New HP brake fluid, good brake shoes Brake failure is the number one reason driver track days are shortened. Fill your gas tank on the way to the track as you will more than likely use a full tank of gas on the track. You can bring additional gasoline or we have a fuel station at the track ( credit card only)

Insurance:

Most major insurance companies will insure your vehicle for HPDE events, but you must call your insurance agent or provider to confirm coverage. If they do not cover HPDE, there are several on-line companies that you can purchase coverage with. Again this is a non-timed event driving education event. You are responsible for your yourself, your car and any damage that you might cause.

Safety Equipment:

Helmets are a must. One with a “Snell” rating of 2010 is acceptable, but soon to be replaced by a 2015 “Snell” rating. Long pants, shirt (does not have to be long-sleeves), and closed-toe shoes. Clothing should be made out of natural material (wool or cotton). Shoes should be a major concern. Racing shoes are not required, but I would suggest wearing the narrowest width you have. Any additional safety equipment you have is recommended such as gloves, 5 /6 point harnesses, neck restraints etc.

Part of your safety concerns should be staying hydrated. Feel free to bring a lunch / drinks, leave for lunch as you have over an hour between lunch and your run group. Its 15 miles to either Sanger or Decatur where there are several restaurants. We usually order food to be catered that you can purchase during your morning registration ( amount varies)

Usually there are 4 groups

Green- New drivers and new to ECR drivers. If this is your first time to the track. Watch ECR videos on your tube to familiarize yourself with the track. During your first session an instructor will meet you in the staging area just prior to your run session. The more information you can tell him about you and your car the better he is going to be able to help you with your goals at the track.

Blue- Novice drivers that have some ECR experience

Yellow- Advanced drivers

Instructors- ECR instructors and approved drivers

No passengers are allowed at any time. Only approved Eagles Canyon Instructors are allowed to instruct or have passengers

Track:

Your first session (each session is about 20 minutes) is for you and the instructor to understand each other and ensure you know the simple rules of the track. Both driver’s/instructor’s windows are always down, as to be able to give hand signals to the vehicle behind you. The first couple of laps is to understand the track, warm up your tires and to get comfortable with the vehicle and traffic. Speed is not a major concern at this time.

Your second session, is more learning the track and starting to be comfortable with your car on the track, What I mean by learning the track is knowing where the braking points are, both for the curves and your car’s braking (threshold braking is) capability. Also, learning the track line how to enter and how to exit the different turns throughout the track.

Your third session is trying to apply what you learned in the prior sessions at a more increased speed. In this session, if you have the basic fundamentals you will see that your speed around the track is increasing and you are becoming more confident in your and the car’s capability.

By the fourth driving sessions, you can put into practice what your have learned throughout the day. By this time, you are more at ease with the vehicle and your instructor, and your speeds will have increased greatly. You are more than likely passing other vehicles, pushing your car faster, finding your breaking and/or lifting points, and turning in points and track-out positions for each turn, without being told by the driving instructor.

Upon arrival you will need to park on the lower or mid level parking areas. Please do not park on the paved areas around the main building or along the tech building as that area is used for staging and traffic coming on and off the track.

As soon as the run group ahead of you on the schedule leaves to go onto the track you are welcome to stage your car along the paved surface to the East of the Tech building and as close the South end of the area.

Here's The schedule ( schedule may change at any time)

8:00 Check in at the desk in the main building and read and sign the track waiver. We will verify your name and issue you a wristband and a vehicle sticker, indicating what level/course you are registered for. We usually order food in the mornings to be catered for the instructors and track officials Your welcome to join us by purchasing lunch during your morning registration ( amount varies)
08:10 Instructor Meeting

08:30 Mandatory Drivers Meeting

08:30 -- 9:00 Instructors- Open Track- Green Group in the classroom

09:00 – 9:25 Blue Group on track

09:25 – 9:50 Yellow Group on track

09:50 – 10:15 Green group on track

10:15 – 10:45 Instructor's on track ( Green Classroom Review)

10:45 – 11:10 Blue Group on track

11:10 – 11:35 Yellow on track

11:35 – 12:00 Green group on track

12:00 – 01:00 Lunch ( Open parade laps on some track days)

01:00 – 01:25 Blue Group on the track

01:25 – 01:50 Yellow Group on track

01:50 – 02:15 Green group on track

02:15– 02:45 Instructors on track

02:45 –03:10 Blue Group on track

03:10 –03:35 Yellow Group on track

03:35 –04:00 Green group on track

04:00 –04:30 Instructors on track

Here's a link to few easy laps around the track;

Last edited by hisvett; 03-24-2017 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:04 PM
PeteC7
Pro

Received 214 Likes on 157 Posts

Man that looks like a fun layout.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:12 PM
hisvett
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

April dates added in new link.....
Old 03-21-2017, 12:18 AM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Received 2,043 Likes on 1,300 Posts

I didn't realize this event was happening as I've been checking the calendar on website, but it's blank. Not that I could have made it this month because I ended up having to address a foundation water line break at grandmother's house though am interested in April's event if you can provide the date, I'd appreciate it so I can mark my calendar.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:51 AM
hisvett
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

The ECR website is being rebuilt (cutting the ties with Go Daddy) so not all of the calendar events are posted.....that's why I'm helping out with posting on CF
Old 03-23-2017, 01:22 PM
C6-CYa
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 145 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'09-', '22

Why aren't passengers allowed (in non-novice groups); most of the fun is being able to take friends and family along for an experience?
Old 03-24-2017, 11:55 AM
hisvett
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by C6-CYa
Why aren't passengers allowed (in non-novice groups); most of the fun is being able to take friends and family along for an experience?
Years ago back when I worked my way through the ranks of the HPDE I attended, the advance group could take other registered lower group students out for a session. Like most good things, someone took advantage of the situation and caused a law suite. So you guessed it, all the HPDE insurance polities now state that only instructors can take students out on the track....and in some cases, the instructors can't drive the students cars or event touch the steering wheel

You have to admit, if we were to let any driver outside of beginners take friends along as riders, we would be opening yourselves up for major problems....

I'm guessing you have never attended a well constructed HPDE event....after you do, you will see what I'm speaking about.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:15 PM
C6-CYa
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 145 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'09-', '22

Originally Posted by hisvett
I'm guessing you have never attended a well constructed HPDE event....after you do, you will see what I'm speaking about.
Ah, didn't realize you were talking about "well-constructed" HPDE events, so you are probably right. I've only ever instructed at Eagles Canyon, Motorsport Ranch and Hallett, so according to you I have no experience and need to learn what you are speaking about????? SMH
Old 03-26-2017, 02:10 PM
hisvett
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by C6-CYa
Ah, didn't realize you were talking about "well-constructed" HPDE events, so you are probably right. I've only ever instructed at Eagles Canyon, Motorsport Ranch and Hallett, so according to you I have no experience and need to learn what you are speaking about????? SMH

Get notified of new replies

To Open Track Day At Eagles Canyon Raceway March 18th

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Open Track Day At Eagles Canyon Raceway March 18th