Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Moving to Glendale AZ

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 10:57 PM
SpnkbnkZ06
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Moving to Glendale AZ

Hello guys, Im PCS'ing to Luke AFB from Southern California. Looking to get some information on the car scene out around Glendale/phoenix area. I have a 08 C6Z H/C/I car im probably going to have to get a retune once there due to the elevation change from my current location. Have seen a lot of happy customers from Cordes Performance Racing in Mesa I might have them look over the tune once I get out there. Also might take advantage of some E-85 since its available out there. Thanks for the help guys looking forward to a new area with some new cars!
Old 05-17-2017, 04:52 PM
Vet65te
Le Mans Master

Received 1,032 Likes on 671 Posts

Default Aces

You might want to try contacting this group, they're quite active.
ACES - http://www.arizonacorvetteenthusiasts.net/
Mike T - Prescott AZ
The following users liked this post:
SpnkbnkZ06 (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 11:01 AM
CQRT
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 295 Likes on 237 Posts

Check out the big annual Corvette show in Prescott the weekend of September 22 - - 275 Corvettes around the square.

http://www.prescottvettesette.org/2017-car-show

SpnkbnkZ06 (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 05:46 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

CPR is the place to go.

No good local clubs from what I found, but many good owners. Just had to find them.

No e-85, but they do have e54 available. Still worth flexfueling it.

Yes you will want Nic D to retune your car ASAP.
SpnkbnkZ06 (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 06:13 PM
SpnkbnkZ06
Racer

Originally Posted by Unreal
CPR is the place to go.

No good local clubs from what I found, but many good owners. Just had to find them.

No e-85, but they do have e54 available. Still worth flexfueling it.

Yes you will want Nic D to retune your car ASAP.
Yea I got in contact with Nacho and Brian with a silver Z. Seem like good guys. My car was tuned down at Cunningham motorsports the elevation there is about 1100 ft Google said elevation in Glendale was around 500 so nothing too crazy difference but I know the heat plays a factor out there too. NicD have his own facility? His website looked kinda fresh I'll shoot him an email. I've heard CPR does good stuff from a few people as well as reviews on here. I appreciate the help Unreal and I'm sure I'll meet you in the coming months.

Last edited by SpnkbnkZ06; 05-18-2017 at 06:14 PM.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:30 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,227 Likes on 774 Posts

Originally Posted by SpnkbnkZ06
Yea I got in contact with Nacho and Brian with a silver Z. Seem like good guys. My car was tuned down at Cunningham motorsports the elevation there is about 1100 ft Google said elevation in Glendale was around 500 so nothing too crazy difference but I know the heat plays a factor out there too. NicD have his own facility? His website looked kinda fresh I'll shoot him an email. I've heard CPR does good stuff from a few people as well as reviews on here. I appreciate the help Unreal and I'm sure I'll meet you in the coming months.
Nic d does not have his own shop I contract him out. Ryne i know did a great job tuning your car, but i've seen cars from ca need a degree or two removed as our 91 is pee water.
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

SpnkbnkZ06 (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 06:42 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

CMS is awesome, so tune should be almost spot on. Didn't realize you were coming from cali, with already **** gas, so as Joe said, difference won't be huge. It is the east coast guys that have major issues.

Nic D is the tuner for CPR.

Honestly you may be able to just see if they can knock a degree or two out. Hell I'll do it for you. ANother option could be to ask Ryne just to knock a degree or two out of it if you want to be safe for AZ heat/gas.

Nacho and Brian are good guys.

Last edited by Unreal; 05-18-2017 at 06:43 PM.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:54 PM
SpnkbnkZ06
Racer

Originally Posted by Joe@CPR
Nic d does not have his own shop I contract him out. Ryne i know did a great job tuning your car, but i've seen cars from ca need a degree or two removed as our 91 is pee water.

Oh alright appreciate it Joe. Yea Ryne is an awesome guy to work with and he did a great job on my car. Well once I get out there I think I'm going to take advantage of your guys E54 and do the flex fuel kit. E85 was only available down in the valley and it was 2 hours away so I just stayed with 91.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:57 PM
SpnkbnkZ06
Racer

Originally Posted by Unreal
CMS is awesome, so tune should be almost spot on. Didn't realize you were coming from cali, with already **** gas, so as Joe said, difference won't be huge. It is the east coast guys that have major issues.

Nic D is the tuner for CPR.

Honestly you may be able to just see if they can knock a degree or two out. Hell I'll do it for you. ANother option could be to ask Ryne just to knock a degree or two out of it if you want to be safe for AZ heat/gas.

Nacho and Brian are good guys.

I appreciate your help and Joe seem like good people. Always nice to know someone ahead of time when you move. Yea like I said to Joe I will do a flex fuel kit and injectors and run the E54 available out there. Make some more power and be a little safer than the 91 available out on the west coast.

Get notified of new replies

To Moving to Glendale AZ

Quick Reply: Moving to Glendale AZ