Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

New to vetts and need Heads done!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 09:35 PM
jeff338
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to vetts and need Heads done!!!!!!

I just bought my first Vett 2009 Z06 with 11000 miles on it. It has already been to 21st century muscle car and has the 620 package done Package includes:
• LS7 specific camshafts GT- 20
• Dual valve springs
• Callaway High Flow C6 ZO6 air induction
• Ported throttle body
• Long tube stainless steel headers
• High flow cats and crossover pipes
• 160 degree thermostat
• NGK V-Power spark plugs
• Engine testing & custom dyno tuning
I want to have the heads done and anything else that isn't to off the wall to get my HP up. I talk to the guy at 21CMC they said if i do the heads and retune it i should be up around 650-670?? I have no idea. So my ???? is should i take it back to 21 CMC are who else does a great job here in Texas, maybe closer to me, I'm from corpus christi. I don't mind driving up to dallas if that will get it done right the first time. I do not want someone buddy that wants to learn how to work on a vett using mine. Thanks Jeff

Last edited by jeff338; 06-07-2017 at 09:37 PM.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:17 AM
0FrankensteinE.D.
Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff338
I just bought my first Vett 2009 Z06 with 11000 miles on it. It has already been to 21st century muscle car and has the 620 package done Package includes:
• Dual valve springs
• Ported throttle body
• 160 degree thermostat
I want to have the heads done and anything else that isn't to off the wall to get my HP up. I talk to the guy at 21CMC they said if i do the heads and retune it i should be up around 650-670?? I have no idea. So my ???? is should i take it back to 21 CMC are who else does a great job here in Texas, maybe closer to me, I'm from corpus christi. I don't mind driving up to dallas if that will get it done right the first time. I do not want someone buddy that wants to learn how to work on a vett using mine. Thanks Jeff

Jeff338,

If you're looking to have your LS7 heads "fixed" or fixed AND ported. I have 3 sets on the shelf ready to go for core exchange OR I can have yours knocked out in 5 days. If you have any questions feel free to fire away!

-Russ

The following users liked this post:
jeff338 (06-08-2017)
Old 06-16-2017, 10:10 PM
FSTFRC
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff338
• Dual valve springs
• Ported throttle body
• 160 degree thermostat
Jeff post this question in the c6 z06 section to get more opinions you might find someone in the Corpus.

Nothing wrong with using 21st Century it's a good shop.

I'd think cylinder head work you can't go wrong with West Coast Cylinder Heads or American Heritage.

Be sure to Google any shop you choose to do your work.
Old 06-18-2017, 05:10 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Received 897 Likes on 686 Posts

Aikman Performance in Cedar Park, Tx

Get notified of new replies

To New to vetts and need Heads done!!!!!!

Quick Reply: New to vetts and need Heads done!!!!!!