Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Shop in Houston to M/B new tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 06:41 PM
12GaugeZ06
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shop in Houston to M/B new tires

I'm looking for recommended shops to mount and balance tires on my 08 Z06, don't trust firestone to not scratch up my wheels. Any help would be appreciated, I'm on the northwest side.
Thanks
Scott
Old 08-03-2017, 10:21 AM
PCMusicGuy
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 222 Posts

Well, I've been making calls around for this recently. I'm not too sure what you are looking for, but I will share what I discovered.

There are a few shops around with touch-less mounting machines. If you are a Discount Tire fan, the location at 9415 Farm to Market 1960 Rd W, Houston, TX 77070 has a touch-less machine. Not many of the Discount Tire places do and they don't use it often so the work would take a little longer than usual. Mounting and balancing if you bring in your own tires is going to be close to $150. If you buy the tires through them, it will be closer to $70. I would recommend speaking to Tyler there.

In the Woodlands, there is Autodynamica, which also has a touch-less machine. They charge right around $200 to mount and balance tires. I am unsure if you get a break in price if you buy tires through them or even if that is something that they do.

Parkway Chevy does not have a touch-less wheel machine, but they do have a road force elite balancer. They charge around $160 to mount and balance. They can price match tires as well and they do typically stock the Michelin Pilot Super Sports in the widebody sizes, at least for the C7. I wouldn't be hopeful of a price break if you purchase the tires through them but it could happen. I've not had any bad experience with their service department.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:32 PM
Dimewise
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

JACE AUTO off the beltway near 290. They deal with a lot of our cars and other performance cars.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:40 AM
PCMusicGuy
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Dimewise
JACE AUTO off the beltway near 290. They deal with a lot of our cars and other performance cars.
I spoke to John at JACE. He offers really, really good pricing on standard mount and balance. He doesn't have the latest greatest wheel machines, but seems like he has a great crew that he trust and uses dielectric grease to minimize risk to wheels. I certainly respect that. If I didn't already purchase new tires from somewhere else I would likely have gone here.
Old 08-05-2017, 06:45 PM
12GaugeZ06
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies and PM's! I went to Jace today, completely consistent with the notes you guys had, great job on the tires and had them look at my ride height. Good price and great service.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:52 PM
RC4G
Melting Slicks

Received 187 Likes on 142 Posts

FWIW, Discount tire at Kirby and 59 has a touchless machine and road-force balancer and has done several of my ZR1 wheel/tires.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:25 PM
vertC6
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

I work next to Jace, great guys to work with

Get notified of new replies

To Shop in Houston to M/B new tires

Quick Reply: Shop in Houston to M/B new tires