Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Recommendation Houston area dealer to work on '16 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 01:28 PM
Blwnc6
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Recommendation Houston area dealer to work on '16 Z06

First thing I have to say about this car is that it is awesome. I have never been on a road course before in my life and bought this car with the intentions of tracking it a lot. Well this weekend I got my chance at MSR Houstons 2.33 mile track with the drivers edge and learned a great deal of knowledge from my instructor. Started out in just track mode with a 2:13.2track time and by the end of the weekend was in sport 1 ran a best time of 1:50.3. Unfortunately the last session I got the wonderful overheating warning ⚠️ and limp mode. When we got ready to leave noticed the check engine light on so it need to go to the dealer. So I am looking for someone I can trust in the Houston area if any has any recommendations
thanks Tim
Old 09-11-2017, 01:42 PM
Pit Now
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

I highly recommend Tomball Dodge actually as their Viper tech, Morgan, is extremely knowledgable and VERY careful with all performance cars, not just Vipers. The other option is Corvettes of Houston on I45. BTW love MSR as well. Nice course.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:30 PM
Blwnc6
Instructor

I was actually going to buy Z06 from Bernie at The viper exchange in Tomball but ended up missing out on it.

This one is still under warranty so I am looking for a dealer to do warranty work
Old 09-11-2017, 02:42 PM
Pit Now
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Blwnc6
I was actually going to buy Z06 from Bernie at The viper exchange in Tomball but ended up missing out on it.

This one is still under warranty so I am looking for a dealer to do warranty work
I have dealt with and known Bernie for many many years. Since your car is still under warranty then of course its dealer service time instead. I did a Yelp search on several GM service shops in the area recently and none had very high marks so I really can't suggest one. I just bought a new GS from Buckalew in Conroe. Their body shop is really good to say the least but have not yet tried their service dept.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:50 PM
Spacewalker
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

I have used Autonation gulf freeway and Demontrond. Was not impressed with either.

2014 Stingray: Autonation did an oil change and refused to do a software update because it would "take took long". Kept my car all day and then parked it amongst other customer cars with people coming and going and car unattended.

Demontrond took over a month to fix the radio buttons inop on the 2014.

2016 Z06 just in service with Demontrond 9/7/2017, headlight not working passenger side. They replaced a bulb and a ballast and claimed it was fixed. Headlight still doesn't work. They damaged car (headlight lens scratched, gouges in bumper panel, scratch had to be buffed out of rear fender and mirror, front bumper misaligned and screws stripped when reinstalled)

Can't get them to call me back about fixing it. Reached out to chevy customer service Friday, no call back yet. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...light-out.html

2016 has 2600 miles. Brand new. Not impressed with chevy or their customer service.

Last edited by Spacewalker; 09-11-2017 at 02:54 PM.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:11 PM
Blwnc6
Instructor

Originally Posted by Pit Now
I have dealt with and known Bernie for many many years. Since your car is still under warranty then of course its dealer service time instead. I did a Yelp search on several GM service shops in the area recently and none had very high marks so I really can't suggest one. I just bought a new GS from Buckalew in Conroe. Their body shop is really good to say the least but have not yet tried their service dept.
Yep. I hated to miss the one from Bernie timing was off by a couple of days. Really liked his place. They were all great to deal with there!!!!
Old 09-11-2017, 03:13 PM
Blwnc6
Instructor

Thanks spacewalker. That's what I am afraid of with several dealers here. Hopefully someone has had a good experience with one somewhere close
Old 09-11-2017, 03:43 PM
Spacewalker
Racer

Originally Posted by Blwnc6
Thanks spacewalker. That's what I am afraid of with several dealers here. Hopefully someone has had a good experience with one somewhere close
I hope so. I'll be watching too....
Old 09-11-2017, 04:15 PM
PeteC7
Pro

Received 214 Likes on 157 Posts

That's a good lap time for your first time. I was there myself and had a great time. I think I saw your car but you were parked quite a ways from me.

As far as your question, it is tough to give a recommendation. I bought my car up in Plano and for the 500 mile oil change I drove to Sugarland because Classic is the largest volume vette dealer in Houston. I figured the largest volume dealer shouldn't be surprised when one shows up in their service bay. They had no idea why I wanted the oil changed so soon and after some arguing finally got them to do it. Then they didn't re-zero the oil service interval. It's a small thing but that whole experience didn't give me much confidence.

I'd probably start calling the closest dealers and ask about their Corvette tech.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:28 PM
jcchevy
Pro

Received 248 Likes on 105 Posts

I had my 09 Z into Parkway (Tomball) to fix an airbag light, Things went well. I took my 16 Z in for the initial and one followup oil change. There was no agruing on the 500 mile oil change and it was with Mobil 1 synthetic. Seems some other dealerships weren't as knowledgeable. When I asked about the oil, they replied "the Z06 gets Mobil 1". Going in for an alignment check on Wednesday, will have to see how that goes. I have attempted to buy at least 3 vehicles there and never any luck. Just wouldn't deal. The service to this point (minor) has been fine.
The following users liked this post:
woodsguy (09-21-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 09:02 AM
Spacewalker
Racer

Originally Posted by PeteC7

I'd probably start calling the closest dealers and ask about their Corvette tech.
I'm sure they are all top notch over the phone.

Glad to see this thread got moved out of the Z06 forum, where it is hidden from most people. I'm sure google can still find it though.

I'm sad that this forum is more of an advertisement venue. It was started with good intentions of enthusiasts helping other enthusiasts many years ago.

Last edited by Spacewalker; 09-13-2017 at 09:04 AM.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:47 AM
jcthorne
Drifting

Received 423 Likes on 241 Posts

I have had pretty good luck with my Z06 at Mak Haik Chevrolet. They have been pretty careful with it and always returned it clean and undamaged. Just a couple oil changes and some minor trim warranty stuff. And an alignment that was done well.

My service writer is Duy Nguyen, he was pretty knowledgeable on the vettes. Good experience and he actually responds to his email.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:26 AM
Texavfan
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I took my 17 GS to Classic in Sugarland even though I bought it at Parkway - they did great. Tried Parkway first - disappointed.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:39 AM
jcthorne
Drifting

Received 423 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Texavfan
I took my 17 GS to Classic in Sugarland even though I bought it at Parkway - they did great. Tried Parkway first - disappointed.
Classic in Sugarland was AWFUL to me. Refused to complete a simple state inspection stating that the Michelin Pilot Cup 2 tires were not legal and would not pass inspection. (they had 4/32nds tread, 6 is new). Told me to get my hotrod out of their dealership. Refused to even speak with the tech that failed my inspection and were downright RUDE. Was VERY OBVIOUS they did not want Vette Z06 customers there at all.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:18 PM
PCMusicGuy
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 222 Posts

It's hit and miss everywhere. I've used Parkway and Lonestar. Parkway, IMO, has the edge in terms of knowledge and customer service.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:39 PM
Blwnc6
Instructor

Thanks for all the input. Haven't takin it in yet. Still a little worried about how it will be treated Would it be best to take the AFE intake of before I go?

Get notified of new replies

To Recommendation Houston area dealer to work on '16 Z06

Quick Reply: Recommendation Houston area dealer to work on '16 Z06