Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Local C5s with exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 12:35 PM
ChrisLSx
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts

Default Local C5s with exhaust?

I'm trying to figure out what exhaust to put on my 2004 C5. I know I want to go with Kooks 1-3/4 and will likely keep the H-pipe (like the rougher sound), but don't have a clue on the mufflers. I could really use hearing some examples in person to narrow it down. I'm looking for a good "muscle car sound" but without drone.
Old 10-15-2017, 12:49 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,227 Likes on 774 Posts

we can help you out sir, i've done about every combination out there and carry all the major brands. plus we are local to you
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

The following users liked this post:
ChrisLSx (10-15-2017)
Old 10-17-2017, 11:32 PM
ChrisLSx
Burning Brakes

The main ones I'm looking at are:

- Borla Touring
- BB PRT
- BB Bullets
- Stainless Works chambered

If there's anyone local (Phoenix area) with these, I'd really appreciate the opportunity to hear them in person.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:05 PM
David426
Safety Car

Received 130 Likes on 39 Posts

I would highly recommend doing the kooks headers and x-pipe first and then seeing how that sounds, before you choose to do a cat back system... Many people do it backwards and install cat-back and then do an x-pipe and headers... Way to loud and drone at highway speeds..(just my opinion) Been there and done that with my 99 C5 and the Borla Stingers... I have an 02 C5 Z06 now, with kooks 1-3/4 longtubes and x-pipe with the stock cat back exhaust.. sounds really good, especially with a cam... The stock Catback exhaust is good for over 500 horsepower... After market Catbacks are mainly for sound and the stock catback exhaust will be just fine unless you do some serious modifications to the motor.... The restrictive part of the exhaust system is the stock exhaust manifolds, and restrictive catalytic converters. Everyone has a personal preference for what they think sounds good and what they think is obnoxtious or too much, or flat out sounds like crap.. Go to a local corvette club meeting and listen for yourself, to some of the different exhasut set ups and then make your OWN mind up, before spending money on something you might be disssapointed with, that somebody told you was the best sounding set up in their opinion...

Last edited by David426; 10-19-2017 at 11:30 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ChrisLSx (10-19-2017)
Old 10-19-2017, 11:13 PM
ChrisLSx
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by David426
I would highly recommend doing the kooks headers and x-pipe first and then seeing how that sounds, before you choose to do a cat back system... Many people do it backwards and install cat-back and then do an x-pipe and headers... Way to loud and drone at highway speeds..(just my opinion) Been there and done that with my 99 C5... I have an 02 C5 Z06 now, with kooks 1-3/4 longtubes and x-pipe with the stock cat back exhaust.. sounds really good, especially with a cam... The stock Catback exhaust is good for over 500 horsepower... After market Catbacks are mainly for sound and the stock catback exhaust will be just fine unless you do some serious modifications to the motor.... The restrictive part of the exhaust system is the stock exhaust manifolds, and restrictive catalytic converters. Everyone has a personal preference for what they think sounds good..
That's my plan. I'm just waiting until Christmas (or someone on here has a pair of used Kooks for sale).

Get notified of new replies

To Local C5s with exhaust?

Quick Reply: Local C5s with exhaust?