Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

New resident to Dallas -- recommend dealers & performance shop

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 10:23 AM
dparm
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Default New resident to Dallas -- recommend dealers & performance shop

Hi all, I'm in the process of moving to Plano from Chicago next month. I've been really happy with Stasek Chevrolet here in the Chicago suburbs (#1 Corvette dealer in the Chicago area) since they had two dedicated Corvette techs and all of the special equipment/tools. Very reasonable people who got to know me and the car, never played games, and were always helpful.

Can someone recommend dealers in the Dallas area that are well-respected for Corvette knowledge? And perhaps the service tech(s) to ask for at those? I was looking at the top dealers and saw these two:

-Classic Chevrolet (Grapevine)
-Stonebriar Chevrolet (Frisco)

I was also pretty spoiled in Chicago because I had either Fall-Line Motorsports or Blackdog Speed Shop work on my car for non-warranty stuff like my harness bar, short shifter, etc. Who are the top-notch speed shops in the Dallas area? I'm fine driving a little ways and spending more if it means I'll get knowledgeable and careful techs. It looks like LG Motorsports is the top dog around there but I always like to have options.

Thanks in advance and look forward to meeting some of you!
Old 11-06-2018, 05:07 PM
sfrank2886
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 55 Posts

I'll help you out brother. We here in Texas do not generally use the steallership.

If you need work done, I would recommend 21ST Century Muscle cars in Addison. I just had them tweek my exhaust and give me a tune for my new headers. They do stealer work and they are a forum sponsor. Ask for Matt.

PS put down 412 rwhp on my 08 base model

Old 11-06-2018, 07:43 PM
MCK_Z06
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

I second that...
I have been using 21st Century Muscle Cars & LG Motorsports since the early 2000's.
Never had anything but great experiences.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:13 PM
dparm
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks for the replies. The car is under warranty for a while still so I'll need a solid dealership for anything that comes up.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:04 AM
sfrank2886
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 55 Posts

I would recommend to just use the dealerships to handle any of your recall work if any. Hopefully you will not need any warranty work but again that would be my only use for them. Would be helpful if you updated your profile to show what year and model you currently own. Some might chime in on suggested items of interest. Good Luck and welcome to Texas.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:34 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine is a good dealership... they work on most of Lone Star Corvette clubs cars, and they are about as good as a dealer can be. Hope this helps.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:04 AM
Chiron
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another vote here for 21st Century Muscle Car. I have been working with Matt for 4 years. He has incrementally built my c6Z into a NA beast! I would not take my car anywhere else.
Old 11-11-2018, 12:05 PM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

For power adders, tuning etc... L&L Perf in Lewisville. Since you are going to Plano I would suggest Reliable Chevrolet in Richardson. I am actually running a Black Dog hood on my C6Z.. Good guys to deal with. and FYI... LG is "old news".... 80% of their business is done online.
Most of their loyal group has moved on to other shops... I'll not get into why.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:25 PM
Fernando@LGMotorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by dparm
Hi all, I'm in the process of moving to Plano from Chicago next month. I've been really happy with Stasek Chevrolet here in the Chicago suburbs (#1 Corvette dealer in the Chicago area) since they had two dedicated Corvette techs and all of the special equipment/tools. Very reasonable people who got to know me and the car, never played games, and were always helpful.
Can someone recommend dealers in the Dallas area that are well-respected for Corvette knowledge? And perhaps the service tech(s) to ask for at those? I was looking at the top dealers and saw these two:
-Classic Chevrolet (Grapevine)
-Stonebriar Chevrolet (Frisco)
I was also pretty spoiled in Chicago because I had either Fall-Line Motorsports or Blackdog Speed Shop work on my car for non-warranty stuff like my harness bar, short shifter, etc. Who are the top-notch speed shops in the Dallas area? I'm fine driving a little ways and spending more if it means I'll get knowledgeable and careful techs. It looks like LG Motorsports is the top dog around there but I always like to have options.
Thanks in advance and look forward to meeting some of you!
Come by the shop and see for yourself what we have going on and if we're the right fit for you. While we do have a strong online presence the quality we put out is second to none.

LG Motorsports
704 E Houston St
Anna, TX 75409
972-429-1963

Thanks,
Fernando

Get notified of new replies

To New resident to Dallas -- recommend dealers & performance shop

Quick Reply: New resident to Dallas -- recommend dealers & performance shop