Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Performance Driving Schools in DFW?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 08:14 AM
sstonebreaker
Le Mans Master

Received 577 Likes on 366 Posts

Default Performance Driving Schools in DFW?

I recently bought a 700 hp C6 . I was wondering if there are any performance driving schools in DFW that use corvettes, particularly on the Fort Worth side?
Old 10-30-2018, 09:44 PM
jbc1995fb
Safety Car

Received 1,341 Likes on 884 Posts

I just moved to DFW also. Pm Captain Buddha, he might know of something.

Also look into MotorSport Ranch in Cresson, Tx

motorsportranch.com

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...in-buddha.html

Last edited by jbc1995fb; 11-01-2018 at 09:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
sstonebreaker (10-31-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 03:04 PM
Captain Buddha
Drifting

Received 177 Likes on 129 Posts

All of the local HPDE / Open Track Day programs are with the student (you) driving your own car with an instructor in the car, until you become solo certified at that particular track/track layout/direction. There is Spring Mountain outside of Vegas though - they provide the Corvette.

The two local tracks, are MSR Cresson (as mentioned above) and ECR (Eagles Canyon Raceway). ECR is currently offline while it is getting some "love" in the form of new base/surface, etc. An easy right foot is the key with a lot of HP! ECR has its own Open Track Day program (once the track gets going again) and I'd be happy to instruct you - the key is fresh performance brake fluid (Motul 600 or 660 or Castrol SRF), fresh pads and a good set of tires along with an open mind, check the ego at the door, etc. MSR Cresson has regular track day events with groups such as Apex Academy, Chin Track Days and The Drivers Edge. Let me know if I can help guide you. A few of us track rats/racers get together on Tuesdays in Grapevine for Cigars n Racecars - I'm usually point man on that but I'll be traveling the next few weeks - I can get you in touch with #2 if you'd like. BTW - you've gotta be OK with Cigar smoke...just saying!
Old 10-31-2018, 03:13 PM
Captain Buddha
Drifting

Two good resources to help you "get your track junkie fix"...

https://www.trackjunkies.org/

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...roadracing-23/
Old 10-31-2018, 05:12 PM
sstonebreaker
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Captain Buddha
All of the local HPDE / Open Track Day programs are with the student (you) driving your own car with an instructor in the car, until you become solo certified at that particular track/track layout/direction. There is Spring Mountain outside of Vegas though - they provide the Corvette.

The two local tracks, are MSR Cresson (as mentioned above) and ECR (Eagles Canyon Raceway). ECR is currently offline while it is getting some "love" in the form of new base/surface, etc. An easy right foot is the key with a lot of HP! ECR has its own Open Track Day program (once the track gets going again) and I'd be happy to instruct you - the key is fresh performance brake fluid (Motul 600 or 660 or Castrol SRF), fresh pads and a good set of tires along with an open mind, check the ego at the door, etc. MSR Cresson has regular track day events with groups such as Apex Academy, Chin Track Days and The Drivers Edge. Let me know if I can help guide you. A few of us track rats/racers get together on Tuesdays in Grapevine for Cigars n Racecars - I'm usually point man on that but I'll be traveling the next few weeks - I can get you in touch with #2 if you'd like. BTW - you've gotta be OK with Cigar smoke...just saying!
How connected are you at Motorsports Ranch? Cresson is just down the road from me - I see the Miata club racing there fairly often on my way to Granbury. Eagles Canyon isn't too far, either.

The engine in the vette is getting upgraded this winter. I'll be looking forward to learning how to drive it in the spring. If this rain ever stops.
Captain Buddha (10-31-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 05:14 PM
sstonebreaker
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Captain Buddha
Two good resources to help you "get your track junkie fix"...

https://www.trackjunkies.org/

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...roadracing-23/
Much appreciated!
Captain Buddha (10-31-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 05:26 PM
Captain Buddha
Drifting

Originally Posted by sstonebreaker
How connected are you at Motorsports Ranch? Cresson is just down the road from me - I see the Miata club racing there fairly often on my way to Granbury. Eagles Canyon isn't too far, either.

The engine in the vette is getting upgraded this winter. I'll be looking forward to learning how to drive it in the spring. If this rain ever stops.
I have friends who are members at MSR Cresson - hop on over to TrackJunkies and introduce yourself - you'll get an invite to go run out there...seriously quick! It's a fun track, I usually run it during the January SCCA Regional Race and during a Chin event.

I'm a member and instructor at ECR, that is my "home" track.
sstonebreaker (11-01-2018)
Old 11-19-2018, 11:10 PM
stroked383z28
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I run MSR Cresson with Driver’s Edge. Great track in any configuration but the 3.1 is the best. I’ll be out there March 23-24. Let me know if you bring your car out, or you are more than welcome to hop in with me for a ride.
sstonebreaker (11-20-2018)
Old 11-26-2018, 09:36 AM
BAAD LS2
Pro

Received 166 Likes on 100 Posts
2018 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2017 C6 of Year

I ran Cresson last week for the first time with Edge Addicts on the 3.1. It was a great day, and I had an instructor that rode along with me all day. I will definitely be going back in the spring.
Old 12-25-2018, 11:02 AM
sstonebreaker
Le Mans Master

OK, I dropped some hints to my better half, and she bought me.... Drive Exotic. 4 laps each in 3 different exotic cars. (sigh). I guess my hinter needs tuning. Still, should be pretty fun - I get to drive a Porsche, a Ferrari, and possibly even the mid engine vette if/when it comes out.

Get notified of new replies

To Performance Driving Schools in DFW?

Quick Reply: Performance Driving Schools in DFW?