Considering moving to Nevada - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Considering moving to Nevada

Old 12-06-2018, 11:46 AM
el es tu
CF Senior Member

Default Considering moving to Nevada

The wife and I are considering a move to somewhere that is warm and car friendly with large areas of cheap land. From what Ive seen, Nevada does not have annual automobile safety inspections and emissions inspections are only required in certain areas.
Does anyone have any suggestions as far as decent areas to live that are excluded from emissions testing?

The plan would be to buy a decent amount of land, build a small house, and a nice curvy "driveway" around the property (for private vehicular testing ), so we aren't too interested in living in a densely populated area, but access to a grocery store or a walmart within a reasonable drive is a factor.

Thanks in advance!

Old 12-07-2018, 01:17 AM
K.I.T.T.
CF Senior Member

We just moved just outside LasVeg. Emissions is only in certain counties. Easiest way to avoid it is to use a maildrop service...one in Pahrump (Nye County) will do the trick. Land is either mega expensive or dirt cheap because there may be no services nearby.

I just got a position with a new shop in Las Vegas (Henderson) that does full restorations and classic work for a very affordable hourly rate, though I am trying to push them to more C5-C7 as that's more my alley. We have a couple C1's in the shop now but...seems like a good car culture with lots of Corvette guys building and getting out there!

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: