Need Help in Houston, TX Area!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 04:54 AM
LandFill
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need Help in Houston, TX Area!

Hey everyone,

I'm looking at a z06 in the Houston, TX area. Was hoping to find someone who lives in that area that could check the car out and give me a thumbs up or thumbs down. Would really appreciate the help as I am in Japan right now, and will be returning to Camp Pendleton, CA, so it would save me a wasted plane ticket if the car is a no go.

Thanks again!

-"LandFill"
Old 04-15-2019, 09:30 AM
PCMusicGuy
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 222 Posts

Can you be more specific in terms of the location of the vehicle? Houston is quite a large area. Also, anyone can look at a car and give you a thumbs up or down, but is there anything specific you are concerned with?
Old 04-15-2019, 09:59 AM
LandFill
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PCMusicGuy
Can you be more specific in terms of the location of the vehicle? Houston is quite a large area. Also, anyone can look at a car and give you a thumbs up or down, but is there anything specific you are concerned with?
Wasn't given a specific location in Houston, but I can ask him for a spot to show the car. I'm looking to just see overall condition, how clean does it look, does it look like it was cared for or not? Does it sound fine running / driving (if he allows test ride). Basic stuff..I've flown out to buy a car before and the car was NOT at all how they appeared in all the pictures and videos that the person sent.
Old 04-17-2019, 02:02 PM
PCMusicGuy
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 222 Posts

Ok. Well let us know when you find out for location. I'm up in the Cypress/Tomball/Woodlands area (North/North West of Houston) and I don't mind checking out a car during the week in these general areas. Other areas are certainly doable, but I usually have to wait for a weekend if it is on the South side of Houston.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:36 PM
VetteVinnie
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,068 Posts

There is a handy alternative, but it will cost you. I just had a pre-sales inspection done on the 2010 ZR1 that I'm in the process of purchasing, and they are mobile. The company is Autoexam (https://www.autoexam.com/). It's my first experience with them.

They pointed out even the most minor of things to me, even going so far as to plug in to the OBDII to check the code history.

Of course, the local friendlies are also a good resource, and they're free.

Last edited by VetteVinnie; 04-22-2019 at 06:36 PM.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:58 PM
B-17/B-25 CC
Burning Brakes

Received 512 Likes on 251 Posts

If the car is in the Clear Lake part of Houston (about 15-20 miles southeast of downtown on IH-45)
there is an Auto Exam location nearby.

Looks like they would even send an
inspector to the car’s location for $169, though travel charges might apply.

Last edited by B-17/B-25 CC; 04-22-2019 at 11:01 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Need Help in Houston, TX Area!

Quick Reply: Need Help in Houston, TX Area!