Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

TX > CA: another reason it’s better ... registration fees!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 10:42 AM
Parcival
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 296 Posts
Default TX > CA: another reason it’s better ... registration fees!

I was looking at $1,200 to renew my CA registration for two cars— $770 for ‘17 C7Z.

Guess what it cost in TX for both cars total including the $25 inspection fees ..$465. (Third car a ‘01 bmw was the same in both states.)

Gas is also cheaper... GONNA LOVE RUNNING THE Z HERE!

Old 04-29-2019, 12:59 PM
KemahGT
Burning Brakes

Received 282 Likes on 184 Posts

Please stop telling everyone how great Texas is. We already have enough people coming here and trying to make our state just like their lovely California.
The following users liked this post:
F4Gary (04-29-2019)
Old 04-30-2019, 08:37 AM
Parcival
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by KemahGT
Please stop telling everyone how great Texas is. We already have enough people coming here and trying to make our state just like their lovely California.
Ha I have to admit I had my misgivings but my family and I love the Houston area!

my neighborhood is very similar in appearance to the area in Northern Cali i am coming from. So there’s that.

Weather is obviously different- warmer and more humid... and we’re bracing for August!

I am also still looking for a driving loop to use for the weekend. I had a 25 mile mostly highway course in Cali.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:16 AM
VetteVinnie
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,680 Likes on 1,070 Posts

Originally Posted by Parcival
Ha I have to admit I had my misgivings but my family and I love the Houston area!

my neighborhood is very similar in appearance to the area in Northern Cali i am coming from. So there’s that.

Weather is obviously different- warmer and more humid... and we’re bracing for August!

I am also still looking for a driving loop to use for the weekend. I had a 25 mile mostly highway course in Cali.
I came to Texas over 25 years ago now and left the failed politics behind. Started in Austin, moved to Dallas, and now I've been in the Houston area for the last 19 years. Austin is really turning into California Lite. The first time I was told I couldn't have a plastic bag while shopping on 6th Street I had to pause and think about where I was since I travel to California quite a bit still (for work and for family). Not necessarily a bad thing, just took me by surprise since I wasn't carrying a non-disposable sack like I do in San Jose.

The stretch of Beltway 8 between the International airport and Pasadena can be a fun road when the traffic is light. Head to the EZ Tag store if you haven't already and pick up tags for all of your cars.

Oh, side note, we moved our offices early this year from 249 and Louetta to The Woodlands, and I am actually loving the transition quite a bit. It is (so far) the perfect mixture of everything I loved about northern California and Texas. The area is clean, well preserved, lots of trees, biking trails, walking trails, and the people are really friendly (rare exceptions, of course). I had to drop something at FedEx yesterday, and they were bending over backwards to make sure I had everything I needed.

Last edited by VetteVinnie; 04-30-2019 at 10:25 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To TX > CA: another reason it’s better ... registration fees!

Quick Reply: TX > CA: another reason it’s better ... registration fees!