Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 10:59 PM
twiget
Racer

Received 291 Likes on 111 Posts
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified

Default Albuquerque Shops

Where are all the ABQ people? I just bought a new Z06 and I am looking for a good dealer for service, tire installation, alignment (is that still a thing for the C7's?) ect...
Old 05-13-2019, 10:54 AM
Road Runner
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 171 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Contributor '03 & '04

There are a few clubs that are active, they meet once a month or so, but I’ve never joined so I don’t know if they are well attended.

Service, if you are not doing the service yourself and are looking for a dealer - that’s one way of going. Dealer service isn’t highly regarded here on the Corvette Forum. Oil changes, I suggest buying a set of ramps and doing it yourself, you will save a ton of money. If not. then Jiffy Lube on Alameda has a flat bay but you will need to bring your own Mobile 1. For work I can’t do myself, the route I took several years ago was to find someone who specializes in corvette work - there are several in town but I prefer to use Bruce’s Corvette and Auto Services. Tire installation - I use Big O and bring my own pucks. Alignment - I’ve only found one shop in town who really knows what they are doing - Chet’s Wheel Alignment Center.

Best of luck. When you have questions, the Forum is the best source of information.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:59 AM
twiget
Racer

Thanks for the suggestions @Road Runner . I'm not much for dealer service either, my cars usually don't see the inside of a dealer after the day I buy them. I did get a free oil change with the purchase of my car though, so I thought I'd save a few $$$ on the first oil change.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:08 AM
wamara
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

I believe Bruce has a pretty good reputation and following at his shop.
Road Runner, Have you used Chet's recently? I had heard that they were the shop awhile back, but service changed when the son took over, or something to that effect. (I need an alignment too.)
Twiget, can't help you with dealerships in the area; although my exposure to them is limited, I haven't heard or seen anything that inspired confidence.
I can recommend Sean Halligan at the Discount Tire at Unser and Southern for tire installation; he did mine and I was very pleased with his work.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:21 PM
Road Runner
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by wamara
Have you used Chet's recently? I had heard that they were the shop awhile back, but service changed when the son took over, or something to that effect. (I need an alignment too.)
I had them do my alignment last year and they were excellent. Let us know your experience
Old 05-18-2019, 02:51 PM
twiget
Racer

Do they do rear alignment? I hear fining a shop with the tool to do the rear caster on the C7's can be difficult.
Old 05-18-2019, 06:01 PM
Road Runner
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

You need to give them a call. Mine is a C5 and had 220,000 miles on it - it needed the alignment.

Get notified of new replies

To Albuquerque Shops

Quick Reply: Albuquerque Shops