Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

AZ Cruise for Cancer Application

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2001, 08:35 PM
woodworkr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The application for participation in this November 11,2001 Corvette Cruise for Cancer is now on line. The address is http://corvetteforum.net/events/shanman14
I am urging all that are in or around the Phoenix area, the state of Arizona or even the surrounding areas to please fill out and submit the form. The more cars we get the more money we are going to raise. This could be a fun family event that can happen on a yearly basis, but not without your help. I am not in any way asking any single person for a donation of any kind. Everything will be totally FREE to those that enroll. All it will cost you is the gas to do the parade. As said in an earlier post, yes I do have cancer but this is not for me, rather for YOU! God forbid this disease strikes your family, the money we raise today could aid research tomorrow leading to a cure the day after. Had someone not put forth and effort to raise money a few years ago, I would not be here asking for your participation. I just feel that it is time to give something back.
When you submit the application with your e-mail address I will be sending you updates on the event as the day gets closer.
Thank you all in advance,
Joe Bria
woodworkr
C3 forum

Old 07-06-2001, 03:47 AM
c6-2008cpeman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe--submitted using new address,but old email address. Will update you by phone when time comes. Moving into new house in August. Looking forward to this event.

Old 07-06-2001, 03:50 AM
ZipperShrine
Advanced

Thanks for the info. I registered and hopefully will be there.

I guess this gives me 4 months to complete my re-build project. What a great reason to get working.

Old 07-06-2001, 12:47 PM
woodworkr
Burning Brakes

ttt
Old 07-09-2001, 07:32 PM
EvilDeed
Safety Car

Cruise-In II Veteran

Up ya go!

Jim
Old 07-11-2001, 10:55 AM
woodworkr
Burning Brakes

^
Old 07-11-2001, 12:54 PM
Zix
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not sure if I am going to be in the area at the time, but if I am you can count me in!

Jay
Old 07-11-2001, 04:50 PM
woodworkr
Burning Brakes

Even if you are unsure weather you can make the event or not, I would urge all to fill out the application so that I can get the information on the database. The money is going to be donated by corporations based on the number of entrants that is received NOT on how many actually participate. As much as I would like to see all that sign up to be there at the event, my main goal here is dollars. I have been getting posts on other boards of people that are cancer survivors as well as those that have been recently diagnosed and are going through treatments now. It is a dreadful disease, not only physically but mentally as well. For every family member that is actually suffering with the disease the rest of the family is suffering with the mental strain of seeing a loved one go through the riggers of treatment. It is not a pretty sight, that I can attest to first hand. I am fortunate to be a survivor, but will always have the disease, you never know when or where it is going to rear its ugly head again. PLEASE I am urging you all to sign on so that we can try to beat this, do it for you and your loved ones.
JoeB

Old 07-19-2001, 11:34 PM
Hava89
Racer

Joe ~ just registered and looking forward to another Phoenix Forum Group Cruise!

Mike
Old 07-20-2001, 01:13 AM
ShanMan14
Administrator

Received 132 Likes on 62 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

ttt

Get notified of new replies

To AZ Cruise for Cancer Application

Quick Reply: AZ Cruise for Cancer Application