Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Cruise Nights/Car Shows around Houston

Old 08-01-2001, 11:14 AM
Nicky71
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

I just moved to Houston from Chicago and haven't found any of the cruise nights yet. I live on Briar Forest between Dairy-Ashford and Eldridge (Memorial area). I'm currently Vette-less, but would still like to hang with the local Corvette crowd.

Old 08-01-2001, 04:01 PM
virtue4u
Team Owner

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

This weekend there is a 40+ car cruise around Beltway 8. If you want to follow along in a non-vette car, you may be able to hang in the back. If you get a C3, a bunch of us meet at Whiskey Dick's on the second Saturday of the month. Check out: HoustonC3.com. I also belong to the San Jacinto Corvette Club. We go on cruises about every month.
Old 08-01-2001, 06:52 PM
Ken73
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran

It's www.houstonc3.homeip.net that you're looking for... not houstonc3.com.

Ken
Old 08-01-2001, 09:14 PM
C5PaceCar
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Check out Sam Houston Corvette Club
http://www.shccvette.com/
and San Jacinto Corvette Club
http://www.cityscope.net/sjcc/sjcc.html
there is also the Texas Gulf Coast Corvette Club but I don't know there website.

Old 08-03-2001, 09:49 AM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Default Re: (Nicky71)

Why don't we go ahead and get intput on any cruise-in's all around the Houston area?

Friday nights in League City on "the Square". League city is southeast of down I-45 (Gulf Freeway) about 30 minutes from downtown. Go east on 518 a mile or so from I-45 - turn left just after you cross railroad tracks - you'll see us. Lot's of hot rods and muscle cars of all types. Usually has a good turn out of vettes. Nice collection of mid years, including some 435 HP, and some 68, 69's again a couple of 435's. Usually a hand full of C-4, and C-5's. People star showing up around 6 - 6:30, leave by 9:30 or so. This is a pretty "mature", laid back crowd. Lighting is mediocre after dark.

Saturday night - Pasadena, TX (about 20 - 25 minutes SE of downtown). In a Kroger parking lot at the intersection of Spencer and Red Bluff. Lot's of cars and people. This draws more hot rods and muscle cars, with a smaller selection of newer cars. Start around 6:30 to 7:00, runs much later (I've never stayed past about 9:30, but I hear people just keep showing up past 10:00 or so). Lighting is good. Watch for kid's on bicycles and scooters. Some pretty cool cars show up here - strange collection. I've seen a Countach, several cobra kit cars, Show condition Hemi Cuda's, all kinds of street rods - lot's of neat stuff. Much more energy in the crowd (that good or bad?)
Old 08-04-2001, 02:38 PM
Snowman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09

Default Re: (jschindler)

I am also new to the area.

I have gotten introduced to Saturday night 6ish to 8ish gathering at Compass Bank (I45 on Northbound access road across from the Woodlands Mall and one or two doors up from Luthers. Family crowd. Mixed bag of cars. Some regulars and some of us come and go. That might be a little far north for you.

Also SHCC has (I understand) Sat night event on first Saturday of the month up in this neck of the woods which is what I think we are crashing tonight with the Tour of Houston gettogether that John organized.

I have printed out the others that got mentioned, should try them all at least once. Welcome to Houston (occurs as funny that I'm saying it having been here only since May)

Doug

[Modified by Snowman, 12:40 PM 8/4/2001]
Old 08-14-2001, 12:46 PM
Matter
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: (Nicky71)

Directions to the Cruise-in across from The Woodlands Mall can be found at: http://www.thewoodlandscarclub.com

Get notified of new replies

To Cruise Nights/Car Shows around Houston

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cruise Nights/Car Shows around Houston