Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Beware of Bumper Boys (Chrome Plating)

Old 01-27-2019, 06:29 AM
72 charger
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GTS34
I have had my 67 Vette for close to 8-9 years now, and have put it on the back burner for a while. I sent the bumper's out to Bumper Boyz to be rechromed back in 98, and the Vent Window Frames in '01 when I also had a set of 59 Window Posts done. I sold the 59 over 6 months ago and really started working full time on the 67 in the last year+. I finally unwrapped the vent window frames, they were still wrapped in the plastic from Bumper Boys and noticed the chrome was flaking off.

I called them up and they only have a 2yr warranty on their products which I can understand, except for the fact these were still in the plastic and were never touched! There is no reason for the chrome to be falling off, except for the fact it must not have been done properly in the first place. If the car was out in the weather subject to rain, snow, and drastic weather changes then I can see the chrome possibly getting damaged (pitting), but considering they were still wrapped in the plastic as they sent it to me, and stored in a climate controlled environment (my house) I am pretty upset the chrome is flaking off, and they will not stand behind there product (services).

He wanted $100+ to fix it (EACH), so I simply told him if he won't stand behind his product there is NO WAY I am going to pay him to rechrome the same part twice because of a subpar job he did in the first place. I would rather send them to someone who will do it right the first time. I have spent thousands of dollars in the past few years with them and if is this is the way they are gonna treat the situation, they have lost my business for good.

Can anyone recommend a good chrome plating shop?
They did business with me on a 72 charger bumper. I had my bumper redone 4 times by them. Everytime it had defects on the bumper, guards, and pads. They wouldn't pay for shipping. I had to drive out of state to go get it and the bumper had more defects then the old bumpers. I was pissed. They showed no remorse. Blew me off. It took 1 year to get all my parts back. Couldn't drive my car all year! I have won the credit card dispute. Now they actually call me to try to resolve the issue but yet in the past I couldn't get an email or a call back. INTRRESTING! I am now going to B and L Plating in Detroit. All I have to say is BOB is a con! Stay away from this company. Very toxic business!

72 Charger
Old 01-27-2019, 10:53 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

A 14 year old thread.
Old 01-27-2019, 11:17 AM
Jeffs82c3
Safety Car

Received 218 Likes on 126 Posts

But it's a good 14 year old thread. lol
Old 01-27-2019, 11:29 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

CA isnt the place to get chrome plating done too many restrictions. Used Van Nuys plating for sway bars hinges/springs for that greenis/yellow finish. Full of sandblast pits skipped the polishing part and looked like flat gold spraypaint..probably was
Old 01-27-2019, 11:58 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,320 Likes on 2,769 Posts

When this thread was started a decade and a half ago, we didn’t have a Transaction Feedback section.

Thats where it should be.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Beware of Bumper Boys (Chrome Plating)