Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

The Lapd

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 02:07 PM
L.A.P.D.
Supporting Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06

Originally Posted by Korreck
I did not start this post. I did not know you sell the Vararam nor do I care. People post questions about intakes and I give my opinions. The only thing that makes me angry is people like you saying myself or others shouldn't post.

Most of us get along fine and only a few try to make things personal. I think you're on that list to.

BTW, you're still on the Team list.
Korreck,

Are you feeling well today? When did I ever say you or anyone else shouldn't post? If you take it that way, that is not my problem. I never said that.

How am I making this personal? You said that there are many complaints regarding LAPD and it is my job to address your comments and remarks. Where is this list you keep referring to?

Isn't the real issue on the Team list our former tuner? Again, re-read the complaints and you will see the real facts.

The bottom line here is that we can go back and forth all day on this or you can just let it go. I'll let it go if you will.

By the way, why is this thread in the C5 Tech Section?

Shawn

Last edited by L.A.P.D.; 06-20-2005 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:07 PM
PepFontana
Racer

LAPD is OK in my book. Ordered some parts awhile back and the order was missing something upon arrival, one call and LAPD took care of the problem, no questions asked. Called on a Wednesday, LAPD had the item on my porch in Pennsylvania the next day when I got home from work.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:16 PM
Special K
Safety Car

Originally Posted by L.A.P.D.
Korreck,

Are you feeling well today? When did I ever say you or anyone else shouldn't post? If you take it that way, that is not my problem. I never said that.

How am I making this personal? You said that there are many complaints regarding LAPD and it is my job to address your comments and remarks. Where is this list you keep referring to?

Isn't the real issue on the Team list our former tuner? Again, re-read the complaints and you will see the real facts.

The bottom line here is that we can go back and forth all day on this or you can just let it go. I'll let it go if you will.

By the way, why is this thread in the C5 Tech Section?

Shawn
Originally Posted by L.A.P.D.
any lately and Korreck shouldn't be talking. All he does is complain on this forum and he has never dealt with us.
Shawn
You say you didn't post that? All I do is complain? Show me. Or do you define complaining as someone with an opinion different than yours and not afraid to say so?
Old 06-20-2005, 02:23 PM
123Gone
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard that Borla has contracted to produce some OEM systems and that has caused some delay in the manufacturing of their other products.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:27 PM
#001 2001 Z06
NCM, WSCC & SCC Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Last I checked I was on American soil.

I recollect something called the, "Right to Free Speech." Then again, there is the right to the courts and innocence until proven guilty.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:37 PM
BlueRag
Pro

I've had great dealings with LAPD for over two years (which includes before and after they opened their full service shop). My first Dyno tunes were done there, and in my experience Shawn always does his best to please the customer It doesn't matter to me what B.S. some other site may say about LAPD

Old 06-20-2005, 02:50 PM
intel55
Le Mans Master

I have read many, many complaints about LAPD. They can't all be wrong.

I have had good dealing with LAPD.

I also disagree with Korreck's post. Sure there been a few problems from time to time (every firm has them), but this "many,many..." stuff implies some different to me.
Overall, I think that VAST majority of members here have good things to say about LAPD.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:42 PM
Rob 99
I'm "Apache" a psycho dog
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Doesn't matter how many complaints you've posted. When you have a problem with a vendor, post it. Don't know why Rob 99 posted what he did. He's implying all you do is sit around complaining about vendors. So what? How else would we know.

I have read many, many complaints about LAPD. They can't all be
wrong.
Korreck,

Well basically thats about the jist of this guys membership time spent here, almost a year of membership and 5 posts which 3 or 4 or whatever of them are complaints, while i agree he certainly has the right to post or not, positive or negative, im not denying him that, it's just that some people use 'ghost memberships' to bash vendors or tuners, other members, or just start trouble.
It's just my opinion and I find it strange that this member has never posted about anything other than product complaints, i mean it's a huge forum is there not somthing else that would interest him to make a post about. And hey i could be mistaken, he might just be on a long run of bad luck
Old 06-20-2005, 05:59 PM
Special K
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Rob 99
Korreck,

Well basically thats about the jist of this guys membership time spent here, almost a year of membership and 5 posts which 3 or 4 or whatever of them are complaints, while i agree he certainly has the right to post or not, positive or negative, im not denying him that, it's just that some people use 'ghost memberships' to bash vendors or tuners, other members, or just start trouble.
It's just my opinion and I find it strange that this member has never posted about anything other than product complaints, i mean it's a huge forum is there not somthing else that would interest him to make a post about. And hey i could be mistaken, he might just be on a long run of bad luck
Hi Bob. I just went back and read all his posts. 7 of them. I think 3 were about problems. You may be right, I don't know. It just pizzes me off when people say we do not have a right to our opinions and we are trouble makers if we express them. Hell, that's why we're all here. I apologize if I misinterpreted your comments.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:20 PM
Rob 99
Support Corvetteforum!

Hi Bob. I just went back and read all his posts. 7 of them. I think 3 were about problems. You may be right, I don't know. It just pizzes me off when people say we do not have a right to our opinions and we are trouble makers if we express them. Hell, that's why we're all here. I apologize if I misinterpreted your comments.

Ok, no harm no foul, thats why it's good to debate it out civily
Old 06-20-2005, 07:45 PM
Vortech C5
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As a hobby shop retailer, I know how it feels to be in the mercey of the distributer on MANY different occassions. It doesn't warrant a supporting vendor as being "bad" or "faulty."
LAPD has provided me with the FIRST CLASS assistance I have gotten used to at their shop. Shawn is a great guy and given the chance, I am sure he would rectify the situation for you.
LAPD is truely a WONDERFUL establishment and I recommend their service to everyone on the forum. It is my one and only stop for all items on my car!!!
Old 06-21-2005, 01:16 AM
OOBlackconvert
Racer

Originally Posted by wallstAL
Service is usually very good, never had a problem, maybe something feel through the crack.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:40 AM
FLL-Mike
Instructor

Shawn:
I am new to the modification game. You lead me to believe that the Borla Stingers would be shipped within 1-2 days of me placing the order. Right or wrong? When I didn't get the email that they were shipped, I called and called again for you to give me an exact ship date but the reality is that Borla was not shipping anytime soon. On the light issue, DOT or not DOT really was not the issue. Your website lists the back up lights as "Xenon Plasma Superwhite Back Up Bulbs" $14.95. Thats what I expected to get, not APC's that were not DOT approved. I appreciate the fact that you were very polite throughout the process and you did take the time to explain different items to me but that's your job, right? I think the APC bulbs that were DOT approved that are stocked at Pep Boys for $6.95 would have been about the same as what you sent me. Also the Noyka headlights that I purchased that you said were superior to Sylvania Silverstars were not. They were so poor, in comparison.

Mike
Old 06-21-2005, 11:01 AM
TENZERO
4th Gear

IBTL - I can't believe this Thread has not been locked.....I mean Forum members stating their honest opinions about supporting Vendors !!...You can't do that....The vendors and Moderators are always right.....This Vendor could not have done anything wrong...Just ask the Moderators....."Freedom of Speach does not apply Here....Just ask"......You can't be honest about experiences with Vendors and you can't say anything that a Moderator disagrees with....Haven't you learned that by now......Most of the good members have left or been banned......
Old 06-21-2005, 11:42 AM
FLL-Mike
Instructor

Originally Posted by Rob 99
Korreck,

Rob99:
Thanks for agreeing that I have a right to post Officer. If I knew that this was Your forum, I would have looked elsewhere for support. Im no "ghost member" trying to bash vendors or members. It seems like thats what you're doing to me though - through your posts. You talk about me to other members on this thread and that's wrong "Thats the jist of this guys membership time...." If you want to know what Im doing here...ask me directly and Ill tell you. Fact is, I'm a real corvette owner in South Florida. I have been a member on CF for 7 months not nearly a year...Just so that you are aware, I never posted anything on CF because at this point, I am learning about my car through other enthusiasts, I do not work on my car, and cannot offer any information on general or tech support issues at this time. This LAPD post was my first one because it was the first time I tried to purchase any modifications from an advertiser on CF. I do not know how such a simple post has created so much controversy amongst the CF Members. Isn't LAPD and PFYC simply vendors for corvette merchandise or are they something more to you? My post was my opinion. It was not rude, vulgar or degrading. I mean I'm new and bought some crap. My bad. I look to other members to see what works and what to stay away from. The other complaint regarding PFYC was because I had to pay $60.00 for return shipping and restocking fees for a sound deadening trunk partition that did not work. Now tell me Rob, if you were looking for this item, would you like to be informed go blind into making a purchase. I think we both know the answer. Now hopefully we can just get on with our lives!
Old 06-21-2005, 12:09 PM
Rob 99
Support Corvetteforum!

Mike, i see your position, maybe i overeacted on your original post, i to was just stating my opinion and thoughts, i have been a member for a long time and bought a lot of stuff and honestly can't recall having a bad experience or posting a neg post about a vendor.
I guess i was comparing in my 'mind' my situation(long time member w/ no vendor problems) and your situation(short time member and a couple problems) and just thought that unlikely or (strange).
Also i have no relationship with either Co's you mentioned.
Im sorry if i was off base with any comment i made towards you.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:14 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Originally Posted by TENZERO
IBTL - I can't believe this Thread has not been locked.....I mean Forum members stating their honest opinions about supporting Vendors !!...You can't do that....The vendors and Moderators are always right.....This Vendor could not have done anything wrong...Just ask the Moderators....."Freedom of Speach does not apply Here....Just ask"......You can't be honest about experiences with Vendors and you can't say anything that a Moderator disagrees with....Haven't you learned that by now......Most of the good members have left or been banned......
You've had 5 posts and you are qualified to say this???

Unresolved disputes:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sho...61&forum_id=109

Personal attacks:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sho...72&forum_id=109

Free speech/censorship:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sho...64&forum_id=109

Get notified of new replies

To The Lapd

Old 06-21-2005, 12:14 PM
newgene
Racer

I actually ordered my Borla Quad Tip Stingers, Exhaust Plate, and Hurst Shifter from L.A.P.D. I've had no problems whatsover, and I was kept very well informed. I'm not saying that things can't happen that would botch up an order. I think the real proof of seller quality is how well they handle these events once they come up. Shawn is a straight-shooting guy, and I would be very shocked if he couldn't have fixed your situation after you received an item you didn't want.

I also saw where you were advertising for another vendor.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...post1551117300
"Found the Best price anywhere at 21 Century Exhaust in Boynton Beach, FL $717.00 W/O tax."

I'm sure you had the best intentions, but I can see how some members of this forum would just view you as slamming vendors. Again, I'm very pleased with LAPD, and I'd recommend them to anyone.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:22 PM
Special K
Safety Car

Originally Posted by TENZERO
Some of what you say is true. We do not have complete freedom of speech on the Forum. You're out of line bashing the moderators. They work their butts off to help all of us. They're just some of the boys trying to help.

There are also many complaints posted against vendors that are still on line. Most of the good members are gone or banned? C'mon now.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:28 PM
gorillavet
Drifting

[QUOTE=Korreck]I did not start this post. I did not know you sell the Vararam nor do I care. People post questions about intakes and I give my opinions.

And How...................... LAPD give it up, he hates Vararam and anyone who sells them.

Quick Reply: The Lapd