Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

STILL.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 08:12 PM
VettesintheRockies
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There has got to be a reason????? Cash Flow? On the way? Out of Business?
But you're right we have a right too know.......but also a reason is the question. Hope this turns out well!
Old 09-16-2005, 08:18 PM
Tin Star
Burning Brakes

Location: Amelia Island,FL ______ or DFW _________ Sold my 05 MS Coupe ____ bought 08 Vert Blk/JSB, 3LT, F55
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This has gone on TOO long.
Much too long............................
Old 09-16-2005, 08:19 PM
VNAMVET
Le Mans Master

Received 392 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by DJC C6
I agree that the man has every right to be upset... I would be going nuts if somebody owed me $2200!.....speaking on behalf of all members in asking them to be removed from the vendor list etc. I don't care how much $$ they owe him...that does not grant him the right to speak on our behalf.
YOU really need to read what I posted. Who AM I to speak for anyone? I speak for myself, as this issue happened to me and me only.

I asked the Corvette Forum, (meaning THE person who originally started this forum [his name is TROY, BTW]) NOT its members..........to remove him from our vendor list. Mabe I was a bit vague, but I am not a newbie here. I know how this forum is run.

NO forum member has ANY right to remove anyone! This is a private forum, run by rules, and I abide by them.

A vendor of this forum, COMPLETE DREAMS, continues to provide service to oue members. I emphatically that HE owes me the same service as he provides to all members.

And he hasn't. Look, I could overlook $10, $20, heck mabe even $50 and "chock it up" to experience.

BUT OVER TWO THOUSAND dollars..............please you have GOT to be kidding.

Last edited by VNAMVET; 09-16-2005 at 08:26 PM.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:21 PM
cerino2000
Le Mans Master

Received 134 Likes on 89 Posts

Based on similar experiences with other people in my life I would say that he used your money to buy other stuff and now doesn't have your money to give it back to you.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:23 PM
lager99
Team Owner

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Members should be able to trust all the vendors on the left, that should be the concept...
Low12s
Team Owner

Location: Life isn't about waiting for the Storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the Rain.
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Datawiz
I'm very sad. VNAMVET deserves his money back. This has gone on TOO long.
JSTMYSPD
Burning Brakes

Anyone been to the "new forum" that is linked off his web site? It appears to be his as advertising is paid to him. Maybe thats why he hasn't been around here much.. ....good luck Namvet http://www.corvetteroad.com/forums/
Old 09-16-2005, 08:24 PM
self1
Pro

Originally Posted by cerino2000
Based on similar experiences with other people in my life I would say that he used your money to buy other stuff and now doesn't have your money to give it back to you.
Yeah, but Michael provided some supposed 'proof' of crediting money back to VV here on the forum, so it has gotten very strange...

IBTL
Old 09-16-2005, 08:25 PM
TedG
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow, I have been very busy and seldom have an opportunity to check the forum. It seems to me that if a post like this is going to be hashed over and people are going to make decisions about a vendor the WHOLE STORY needs to be aired out. Not just "I didn't get my wheels". A link to the story would be nice.
I have dealt with Michael and there was a shipping snafu with a supplier and he made it right as soon as he could. Hell, he was so good about it I kept the wrong parts and he gave me a great deal on top of it. But the first thing he did was make sure I got my parts next day air.
I would like to hear both sides of the story.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:27 PM
OHSIXX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020
C2 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor 03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I probably should keep my mouth shut, but this situation reminds me of George's initial reaction to Katrina.

Last edited by OHSIXX; 09-16-2005 at 08:31 PM.
lager99
Team Owner

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by TedG
Wow, I have been very busy and seldom have an opportunity to check the forum. It seems to me that if a post like this is going to be hashed over and people are going to make decisions about a vendor the WHOLE STORY needs to be aired out. Not just "I didn't get my wheels". A link to the story would be nice.
I have dealt with Michael and there was a shipping snafu with a supplier and he made it right as soon as he could. Hell, he was so good about it I kept the wrong parts and he gave me a great deal on top of it. But the first thing he did was make sure I got my parts next day air.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1181305
1955 BelAir
Eccentric Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by VNAMVET
I paid Michael of COMPLETE DREAMS $2,200 up front on July 09, 2005 for a set of wheels.

AS of today, he has not returned my money or sent any wheels............
Were they special order/fitment that would take this time??

What have you been told by them??
Old 09-16-2005, 08:29 PM
Low12s
Team Owner

Location: Life isn't about waiting for the Storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the Rain.
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I am not sure why you guys are giving this an IB4TL. This should be examined logically and with integrity by the CF and settled once and for all. It is a simple matter of checking to see if the funds have been returned. If there is any doubt about this particular Vendor, it should be examined Quickly!
Old 09-16-2005, 08:30 PM
Flatbush_Harry

Man, this story has been hashed on at least three threads, at least two of which were closed by Grumpy (where are you now, sage Moderator?). I submit that we've heard from Michael (I fixed it), VNAMVET (my bank's fixing it but Michael sure didn't) and a whole lot of interested readers. My thought, for what little it's worth, is for VNAMVET to take this to small claims court, have a judge decide and post the verdict.

Where is da judge?

Harry

Old 09-16-2005, 08:32 PM
SliverMeMembers
Instructor

I've resisted the temptation to get involved in this, but this pisses me off, and it's not even my money! This guy is lucky he isn't screwing me out of MY money, because I'd personally drive across the country to collect. With interest. Know what I mean?

Best advice? One word....

Lawsuit.

And frankly, if the guy doesn't care enough to salvage his already-tarnished reputation by now, (and he's had plenty of time to make this right), why the hell should I trust him with my money? Answer - I shouldn't. And I won't. If you're one of these guys that loves this "Michael" dude, well... good for you!

For me, as far as CD goes....

SMM
Old 09-16-2005, 08:32 PM
VNAMVET
Le Mans Master

Received 392 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by TedG

WHERE have you been TED? BTW, I am NOT making any decisions for ANY vendor. He has made his OWN decision NOT to repay me $2,200 that I sent him for a set of wheels which I cancelled after 6 weeks and his statement that he refunded my money on the 24 of August.

He provied a "copy" to me of something a 2nd grader could do on his/her home computer, which I forwarded to my bank and credit card company. They stated "this means nothing" and relates to nothing they have seen as a credit to any account............

Surely someone can provide a link to this original saga.

It had over 5,000 hits in 4 hours and several hundred replys........
Old 09-16-2005, 08:33 PM
VettesintheRockies
Pro

Originally Posted by cleo
Anyone been to the "new forum" that is linked off his web site? It appears to be his as advertising is paid to him. Maybe thats why he hasn't been around here much.. ....good luck Namvet http://www.corvetteroad.com/forums/
Looks just like this forum, same format, but nobody is there....I do see some of the same names as on this forum......but what do I know?

Get notified of new replies

To STILL.....

Old 09-16-2005, 08:33 PM
Ego-Trip
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8 Veteran

I've stayed out of these Complete Dreams posts up until now but this is getting ridiculous. Back when the issues first started popping up about him charging credit cards immediately upon receiving the order I knew his bubble was going to burst eventually. Its BS to be charging someone in full for an order that may not ship for weeks/months. He claimed it was out of his hands and was just the way that his online merchant did things but that is BS as well.

It should be obvious to everyone that he has been "robbing Peter to pay Paul". That basically means that he has been floating the money from one customer to the next to pay for the goods. Somewhere along the line he has gotten too far behind on this game and now cant keep his head above water.

I would definietly say that this should be grounds for removal from the forum sponsorship.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:35 PM
V Vette
Le Mans Master

Received 419 Likes on 290 Posts

The positive side is that the credit card company WILL reverse charges with the time frames involved and no merchandise received.. This is a legit post so thanks for the info...
Old 09-16-2005, 08:35 PM
scooter32
Intermediate

I have found that West Coast Corvettes is the best place to buy from. They are very professional and always have stuff in stock. I tried another vendor once before, but never got what I ordered. They didnt charge me, but it was just a waste of time. I will only deal with West Coast Corvettes from here out.

Quick Reply: STILL.....