Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

How is TByrne?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 09:44 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,622 Likes on 1,741 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Default More surprises

Imagine my surprise this morning when the UPS Tracking dept called me about the MIA pkg to inform me that they have not heard from TByrne since Feb 21 despite contacting them several times for more info. He also asked if I had rec a replacement set because THEY COULD Put on the claim if they found them to return to Vendor.

Last edited by DebRedZR1; 03-02-2007 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:35 AM
LF97C5Vette
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 8 Posts

Meh - I haven't had any problems with him...

I ordered a set of DTE SupermaXX LT headers, hi-flow cats and x-pipe on a group purchase from him. The whole process went very well, and the product arrived quickly. I also ordered a DTE Stage 1 Differential w/ 4.10 gears and that also went nice & smooth, and my product arrived quickly.

I haven't had to work with him outside of placing orders - mainly because nothing has went wrong, so i can't say anything bad about his customer service.

Based on my experience - i recommend ordering from him.

GL to ya,

Dan
Old 03-02-2007, 11:40 AM
dpd
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DebRedC504
Imagine my surprise this morning when the UPS Tracking dept called me about the MIA pkg to inform me that they have not heard from TByrne since Feb 21 despite contacting them several times for more info. He also asked if I had rec a replacement set because THEY COULD Put on the claim if they found them to return to Vendor.

well tbyrne just went to the tank with me,if this is true.i've heard about the bad news of doing business with them i was going to do the hid gp,until i was told by a friend don't buy from them for these reasons so i didn't pull the trigger on their hid gp.looks like it was a good decision.
sorry for your pain,but contact your cc company,dispute it,get your credit and just go somewhere where business issues are at a minimum
Old 03-02-2007, 11:41 AM
JasonR1974
Instructor

They do have great pricing as they advertise but when it comes to any technical advise they have really no install or performance experience. If you know what you want and have a part number I am sure they are great to deal with. If you are calling for some performance parts that you have questions on or to spec out a future package I would call a tuner.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:43 AM
Mike04
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I have ordered several things through them with no issues. Customers service was great answering my questions
Old 03-02-2007, 11:48 AM
Blown 346
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dpd
well tbyrne just went to the tank with me,if this is true.i've heard about the bad news of doing business with them i was going to do the hid gp,until i was told by a friend don't buy from them for these reasons so i didn't pull the trigger on their hid gp.looks like it was a good decision.
sorry for your pain,but contact your cc company,dispute it,get your credit and just go somewhere where business issues are at a minimum

I went with there gP on the HID's and got them yesterday, with 2 missing harnesses. I called them yesterday at 11:00AM after I got the package and informed them about the problem. They said they would call me back after talking to the manufacturer. As of today almost 24 hours later no call. I called again about 10 minutes ago, and they said they are still waiting to hear from them.
I guess I will waiting another 2 months before I get what I need.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:00 PM
dpd
Drifting

Originally Posted by Blown 346
I went with there gP on the HID's and got them yesterday, with 2 missing harnesses. I called them yesterday at 11:00AM after I got the package and informed them about the problem. They said they would call me back after talking to the manufacturer. As of today almost 24 hours later no call. I called again about 10 minutes ago, and they said they are still waiting to hear from them.
I guess I will waiting another 2 months before I get what I need.
checkmate! tbyrne= go somewhere else.
good luck
Old 03-02-2007, 12:11 PM
Funn One
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dpd
good luck
Old 03-02-2007, 12:14 PM
Blown 346
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dpd
good luck

Too bad this thread didnt start 2 months ago.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:19 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by Blown 346
Too bad this thread didnt start 2 months ago.
They might have lower prices at times BUT if something goes WRONG watch OUT!
Old 03-02-2007, 02:12 PM
BUBBAS 01Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I sent them numerous emails about a H/C package a # of months ago and heard nothing back from them !!!!

I figured since they were the closest that they would want my business......guess not !

Chris @ ECS was more than happy to accomodate...

Old 03-02-2007, 02:49 PM
dpd
Drifting

Originally Posted by BUBBAS 01Z06
I sent them numerous emails about a H/C package a # of months ago and heard nothing back from them !!!!

I figured since they were the closest that they would want my business......guess not !

Chris @ ECS was more than happy to accomodate...

, chris/doug/mark are definitely the people to talk to about anything with a vette. forget tbyrne, right down to the time of day!
Old 03-02-2007, 04:37 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by dpd
, chris/doug/mark are definitely the people to talk to about anything with a vette. forget tbyrne, right down to the time of day!
My credit card company just talked to them asking why there wasnt a credit being issued. They told them-the package may still be arriving at my door! WT!!!!!!!! They dont respond to UPS to provide more info, its been MIA since the 16th yet they wont refund my money because it still might arrive at my door! Take serious note of this for future reference if things dont go well in your transactions. Its not like we are talking $20 DVDS here.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:58 PM
dpd
Drifting

My credit card company just talked to them asking why there wasnt a credit being issued. They told them-the package may still be arriving at my door! WT!!!!!!!! They dont respond to UPS to provide more info, its been MIA since the 16th yet they wont refund my money because it still might arrive at my door! Take serious note of this for future reference if things dont go well in your transactions. Its not like we are talking $20 DVDS here.
i'm calling on that.call tbyrne tell them stick it up their *** and call back your cc and tell them if pigs flew you still don't want the stuff and to contest the charge.
regardless if your stuff came by a 3 legged donkey you should've had your stuff by now. they sent the stuff UPS.why aren't they dealing with UPS? what does the tracking # show? in transit? not shipped? shipped to venus???
this is mint!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2007, 05:20 PM
jbauch357
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't have any issues ordering or receiving my complete Dynatech LT header system.

They were also very accomodating when it came to returning my VaraRam...
Old 03-02-2007, 05:32 PM
zozmanZ06
Instructor

Default My Experience With TByrne

Originally Posted by Mickbee
Quick note: I purchased from them in the past and won't again. I ordered 2 sets of EradiSpeeds, paid for the order, and waited MONTHS for the order with repeated promised shipping dates. They didn't proactively communicate...AND ensure the rotors are in stock AND it is conveyed in writing prior to the order.
TByrne had the best price on Baer Eradispeeds anywhere. I ordered the rotors in May and they didn't arrive at my doorstep until October. My account was not charged until the items were shipped, however, a five month wait is unacceptable. TByrne said they had the rear rotors but the front rotors were back ordered. That was the story everytime I called. Problem was---when I contacted Baer, their response was "We have no product backorders." Draw your own conclusions.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:36 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by dpd
i'm calling on that.call tbyrne tell them stick it up their *** and call back your cc and tell them if pigs flew you still don't want the stuff and to contest the charge.
regardless if your stuff came by a 3 legged donkey you should've had your stuff by now. they sent the stuff UPS.why aren't they dealing with UPS? what does the tracking # show? in transit? not shipped? shipped to venus???
this is mint!!!!!!!!!!

Is right, who does he think he is fooling? Monday I will be faxing them the tracking info which clearly shows EXCEPTION-Lost PKG-the date of the 16th and perhaps a few of his posts from this forum.

Get notified of new replies

To How is TByrne?

Old 03-02-2007, 07:11 PM
dpd
Drifting

Is right, who does he think he is fooling? Monday I will be faxing them the tracking info which clearly shows EXCEPTION-Lost PKG-the date of the 16th and perhaps a few of his posts from this forum.
if the tracking # from UPS shows "LOST",what are we doing here?
i guess tbyrne thinks houdini is going to show up with your stuff!
what a hack!!!
GLEN5241, i apologize if your thread got hijacked,but after reading all this ,if you deal with this guy you'll end up stuck-up and car jacked.deal with one of the other vendors[WCC,LAPD,etc].even if their prices are a little higher or whatever,at least you'll get your stuff.FWIW,i've dealt with both and never had a issue[not saying that you can't,but if you do they will take care of business instead of giving you the "business".]
Old 03-03-2007, 11:57 PM
Glen5241
Instructor

Default Guess I will find out

To all that has responded both positively and negatively. Thank you for your input. I ordered from TByrne and will update on how this goes. I do not know if I would have if more of the issues had come out a little earlier. I can see how TByrne wanted to protect himself but it seems like this is going on way too long. I am more than prepared if something goes wrong with this purchase. We are all seeing the results of this terrible situation with Deb. Obviously, she has not been treated very well. I would like to hear his side just for the record. Not to hear that she said this or he said that, just what he has done to correct this. It can take UPS a long time before giving a refund, especially a large dollar refund. I received an e-mail with the tracking info on 2-28. The two parcels are due to me on 3-7. They are presently on a train coming from Hodgkins, IL to CA. My main concern is that the correct rotors arrive and in new condition. My heart goes out to Deb. She has been through enough crap, and for all likelyhood, TByrne has been dragged through it also. I am not sticking up for either party, just wishing the communication would not have broken down and the resolution would have been faster and fair for both buyer and seller. I am sure it could have been handled much better.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:51 AM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I have ordered from TByrne a couple times, nothing but good things to say, Tom the owner is also a very active Corvette member,
I met him on last years hot rod power tour, he seems to be good people. But if your in bussiness as long as Tom has been your bound to have a few problems. But from what i have heard he puts customers first. Just my opinion. Anyone that supports the hobby as much as him should be supported aswell, he posted that he is going to Atco this weekend and invited people to come hang out at his trailor.

Last edited by PA Z06; 03-04-2007 at 12:57 AM.

Quick Reply: How is TByrne?