Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

How is TByrne?

Old 02-28-2007, 04:19 AM
Glen5241
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How is TByrne?

Just read two very unsettling threads, concerning TByrne and a customer on the forum. Seems there were some issues that didn't get handled. I have heard very good things about TByrne also. From the threads, the problem stemmed from shipping. I know how difficult that can be when a shipping company loses a shipment and the runaround that both seller and buyer can get. I would like some general thoughts on dealings with this vendor before giving them my CC number for a substantial purchase. I hope I am not going outside the boundaries in asking for opinions and bringing up a very sensitive conflict. Thanks as always.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:11 AM
Blown 346
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen5241
Just read two very unsettling threads, concerning TByrne and a customer on the forum. Seems there were some issues that didn't get handled. I have heard very good things about TByrne also. From the threads, the problem stemmed from shipping. I know how difficult that can be when a shipping company loses a shipment and the runaround that both seller and buyer can get. I would like some general thoughts on dealings with this vendor before giving them my CC number for a substantial purchase. I hope I am not going outside the boundaries in asking for opinions and bringing up a very sensitive conflict. Thanks as always.

I have ordered a set of HID's from them and dress up Billet covers and have never had a problem with them or shipping. I recieved my packages in mint condition every time.
They are always quick to respond to emails etc and let you know what they can do or what is happening with you order. In my book they are a great vendor.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:46 AM
mph1972
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

I don't like them. Seemed that everytime I needed to order something from them, it was never in stock. I do remember back in the day when I was ordering alot of things for my 1999 Z28, I could get it with little to no porblem, but things seemed to have went down hill since. That is just my experience. Oh and the one time I did order and they had it in stock I paid extra fro faster delivery and waited and waited ( ) and I finally called them and it still hadn't been shipped. So, I will not order from them. I am sure that there will be multiple posts that folks say the exact opposite, but this is just my personal experience.

Micah
Old 02-28-2007, 06:17 AM
chuck1026
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

I ordered my Hotchkis sway bars during a TByrne GP. I was told up front what the lead time was, and everything went fine.

Every company is going to have occasional problems. Heck, my Zaino was delayed because a train derailed! As long as they company keeps you in the loop, is honest and treats you fairly, life is good.

I would buy from TByrne again in a heartbeat .
Old 02-28-2007, 06:20 AM
RebelVette
Pro

Originally Posted by mph1972
I don't like them. Seemed that everytime I needed to order something from them, it was never in stock. I do remember back in the day when I was ordering alot of things for my 1999 Z28, I could get it with little to no porblem, but things seemed to have went down hill since. That is just my experience. Oh and the one time I did order and they had it in stock I paid extra fro faster delivery and waited and waited ( ) and I finally called them and it still hadn't been shipped. So, I will not order from them. I am sure that there will be multiple posts that folks say the exact opposite, but this is just my personal experience.

Micah
I had a similar problem. Wanted an exhaust system (Corsas I believe), placed the order, then told that I had to wait about a month b/c they were out of stock. I cancelled the order and went elsewhere. However, when I spoke to them, they were courteous and credited my order the same day. That's the only experience I have ever had with them.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:48 AM
EVIL_C5
Uber Waxer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cruise-In 8-9-10-11 Veteran
CI 9, 10 & 11 Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '08-'10

i have ordered stuff off and on for the past 7 years from tom and always have been happy.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:25 AM
c5firstimer
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Glenn5241,

Go to the Forum Northeast Section or any other Section and do a search for Tybrne. In my opinion, Tom is a very active member and a Supporting Vendor on the Forum and has a reputation to live up to. I'm willing to bet that any issues we're isolated ones which happens with every business.

I haven't used Tybrne because I'm not into Mods at the moment. If I do, I won't hesitate to use them.

c5firstimer
Old 02-28-2007, 08:57 AM
bb609
Melting Slicks

I have purchased from TByrne recently and returned part of my order, no problem. I'll buy from them again.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:05 AM
MonteHall
Team Owner

Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Donor '03 & '06

I ordered an exhaust on a group purchase, and I was the second person to place an order and was the only person out of the group to not get it. I was told: you will get it next week... I was told that for 2 months.
They finally let me cancel my order without having to pay a fee.

I doubt if they'll hear from me again. but lots of other people had positive experiences.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:15 PM
craig04c5
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I too have purchased from them and was satisfied.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:34 PM
kenny sibley
Instructor

Default tybrne

I ordered a set of B&B bullets from them and everything was great from the price to the delivery.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:01 PM
jay'szo6
Safety Car

I used to buy a lot of parts through them, when a lady named Julie I think worked there. I guess she left the company a short while ago. But she used to get me great prices. They advertise a "Price Match Policy" on thier website. I emailed them links for parts that I wanted to get from them, but at a lower price. They weren't able to match the prices, that was my last attempt to buy something from them.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:08 PM
n2zo6stuff
Advanced

IMO customer service is everything. I haven't bought anything from Tbryne an after seeing how the person who's thread you read was treated i never will. I understand with business comes problems but it's how the problems are dealt with that i look at. In this case my opinion is the customer wasn't treated with respect an if the can treat her like that, they can treat anyone like that. So my question to you GLEN5241, do you feel lucky?
Old 02-28-2007, 03:43 PM
DefenderC5
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I read through the two threads you spoke of, mainly because I was bored that day.

Here is the summary from my perspective. UPS lost her exhaust, Tbyrne would send her another one. Tbyrne wants to cover himself for the second shipment and asks for an credit authorization (in case the 1st one is recieved by her and she keeps them both). She doesn't authorize this and he doesn't refund the money... mainly because there has been no determination on the shipment yet... its still processing through delivery!

UPS is to blame, not Tbryne. The buyer took offense to him wanting to do a credit authorization (this is not a charge btw) thinking he is calling her a thief before the fact and refused to do it. He's just covering his losses in case he the original order shipped, any business would do that. All of her threads are tirades and namecalling whereas his are professional while he tries to resolve it in a public forum.

Sure its unfortunate that she did not recieve the shipment from UPS when it was supposed to happen. But she is taking it out on the wrong people. Tbyrne is within his right to protect himself on his second shipment, it is business afterall.

I don't see anything wrong with what he is doing and I would order from him myself. If UPS loses something, that just sucks. You have to deal with it and await their final process before you get the refund in the shipment insurance. Don't kill the messenger.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:56 PM
Blown 346
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All this talk of lost packages makes me nervous as My HID's are supposed to come tomorrow. For UPS's tracking the HID's havent moved in over 24 hours.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:09 PM
cadallante87
Racer

Received my GP order earlier than scheduled. Always answered my questions seemed to be a class act.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:15 PM
tsts
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

About a year ago I read a thread where a customer had a problem and the guy from Tbyrne posted his defense/position in that thread. After reading the owner's reply I deceided that he was correct in his postion on the matter but I didn't like the attitude that came across. He did not put the customer first and I deceided then that I would not do any business with them. I sure he can get along fine without my business, some forum members like to deal with him and are happy so far.

Get notified of new replies

To How is TByrne?

Old 02-28-2007, 05:34 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,621 Likes on 1,740 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Anyone who wants to PM me about my situation PLEASE feel free.
I have not yet recieved the Product, credit or word when credit will be issued.
People can read the other threads and determine if they think the conduct was professional. How long should a person wait for an MIA part before they get a lil irate?

Last edited by DebRedZR1; 02-28-2007 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:03 PM
RWH
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWIW, purchased some Baer rotors, great price and had them in 3 days. Great service.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:14 PM
Navsafe
Instructor

Purchased Kooks headers, X pipe and Hi Flo Cats. They were good, Cats were a week behind the rest but no problems with Tbyrne. Liken how they suport the forum.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How is TByrne?