Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

My Experience with Tbyrne :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 11:54 PM
Armycop
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IrishMac
Let's be careful and not turn this into a vendor bashing thread. I understand your frustration, but I'd suggest you call them again.
I don't think he's trying to bash anybody, but voicing his displeasure to fellow enthusiasts who may have had a similar experience to his. Like mine, for instance.

$2265.00 total monies paid to Tbyrne
+ 3 sets of inferior, or wrong, headers shipped to me
+time wasted waiting for the right set to be sent
+STILL WAITING FOR MY REFUND
=Never shopping with them again. That's all.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:23 AM
spiral04
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just so you know, a while back (a year) I ordered a set of Eradispeeds on a Thursday from LAPD. They told me at the latest it would be the following Thursday. Well it took a little more than tree weeks and to say I was upset at Lapd was an understatement. I finally called and talked to Baer and they told me there was a back order and would be shipped out soon. On a normal occasion it shouldn't of taken that long, and Lapd should of found that out for me. Either way, it ended up being Baer's fault for a backorder and Lapd's fault for bad communication. In the end, everything worked out well.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:30 AM
Halfway
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by jay'szo6
I've dealt with them several times. When a lady who's name I can't remember, Linda or Julie maybe, used to work there. I only dealt with her, and she always gave me good prices and great service. The last time I called them up, they told me she didn't work there anymore. So I tried to deal with another lady there. They part I wanted had a lower price through Summit Racing. So I asked them to match the price, hence their Price Match Policy. I even emailed the link to the website with the price and everything. Well they didn't match it, they came close. But close isn't "matching the price". So I ordered it from Summit & haven't tried to deal with them since.

i have heard the above more than thrice and so many other problems with TBYRNE. Its sad that this forum's owners could careless about how the members are treated by various vendors and only care that they receive their vendor fee's on time. I have seen it one too many times.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:09 AM
INGER67
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
St Jude Donor '15

I joined a group purchase on Borla Stingers a couple of years ago on the last day of the "special". The next day they sent me an email that my exhaust would arrive in a few weeks. I called immediately to cancel as I wanted the exhaust before "a few weeks". I had to pay $60.00 to cancel the order. Now that's customer service!

Inger 67
Old 08-01-2007, 01:37 AM
ledsnake
Racer

I would just like to thank everybody for there responses.

Thank You

-Led
Old 08-01-2007, 01:43 AM
MUKAK
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

i would have cancelled my order and bought from a diff Vendor that carried ERASISPEED rotors....

Old 08-01-2007, 01:45 AM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Received 226 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by MUKAK

i would have cancelled my order and bought from a diff Vendor that carried ERASISPEED rotors....

There are several. They also carry Eradispeeds too.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:03 AM
unionlandlord
C5 General
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Boosted in Manhattan & Round Rock TX. President of the Non Club Club of Kansas and Round Rock , Not the flat part.

Anouther vender selling parts thay do not have. What thay have is your money.

In my business, if I do not have something to give you I do not take your money.

Good luck.

Paul G.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:16 AM
Halfway
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by unionlandlord

In my business, if I do not have something to give you I do not take your money.

Good luck.

Paul G.
it happens FAR to often around here.....
Old 08-01-2007, 02:38 AM
skillzilla
Instructor

Originally Posted by rcs128
treat every customer and every transaction like it's a $600 deal -- even if it's just a $2 part.

Don't lie. There isn't a Vette part for $2 dollars.

-_Sf
Old 08-01-2007, 03:13 AM
clayton1
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dont blame ya' Ledsnake, Sounds pretty feckin' unreasonable to me.
Hopefully they fix ir for you, Goodluck.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:40 AM
oahuyahoo
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by skillzilla

Don't lie. There isn't a Vette part for $200 dollars.

-_Sf
Old 08-01-2007, 07:08 AM
HMannini
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

It's called "CUSTOMER SERVICE" If anyone sells a product and they use this terminology they have a responsibility to provide that courtesy to each and every customer. The only excuse for poor communication, lack of follow through, is the fault of the company/vendor or even the individual who sells a product on this forum. The wrong person in a very important job!

Unfortunately we don't always hear about great customer service but if someone gets bad service they make it a point to share that information.

This should be incentive enough for companies/vendors/people who want to sell their product, and for the good ones who care and have the right people doing that customer service job it is. If more companies would remember the old adage: "The Customer is Always Right" we wouldn't have the attitude that, if he doesn't buy it someone else will.

I hope that the vendors or people selling products will read this thread and realize that folks talk about "bad service" more than "good" and there probably is more than one who have read this thread and will take their business elsewhere..........I know I will.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:26 AM
k9ulan
Instructor

Originally Posted by Halfway
i have heard the above more than thrice and so many other problems with TBYRNE. Its sad that this forum's owners could careless about how the members are treated by various vendors and only care that they receive their vendor fee's on time. I have seen it one too many times.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:10 AM
msj2222
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Gannet
They still make Eradispeeds. In fact, they make more models for C5s than are shown on that website, or in the Baer catalog for that matter.

I believe the Decela is a lower-grade rotor from Baer.

Call Baer and ask for tech support. I just did that a week or so ago. Very nice and knowledgeable guy. At least find out the truth from the horse's mouth.

Tbyrne? I couldn't get them to respond to email for a quote on Baers. Perhaps just as well.
Originally Posted by mikeL82
You need to do some forum searching. TByrne has been the subject of many, many complaints. Personally, I wouldn't buy a valve stewm from them. Speaking to Tom the owner won't do you any good. He is very confrontational. Full of excuses. My issue was Eradispeeds as well.
Yep, Absolutely
Old 08-01-2007, 08:25 AM
OutKlast
Le Mans Master

Received 33 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by unionlandlord

Good luck.

Paul G.
I had a similar issue with a car parts business though not a forum vendor here. Ordered a few parts for my Camaro including a full brake upgrade Baer rotors, hawk pads and braided lines. I was having surgery a few weeks after I ordered which is why I needed the parts ASAP to get them on while I was healthy. Most of the parts didn't come in time but even after resting etc nearly a month later my brake parts still hadn't come but I was charged the day I ordered them. I emailed them and they just said sorry everything was back ordered and over the next 6-8 weeks from my purchase date a set of front pads, or lines would show up every couple of days until I finally had everything.

So perhaps its just Baer rotors that are frequently on back order. In any case I would hope the vendor would at least email or call you to let you know about this and also not charge the card until they arrive or at least only take a smaller deposit fee.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:34 AM
mph1972
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by HMannini
It's called "CUSTOMER SERVICE" If anyone sells a product and they use this terminology they have a responsibility to provide that courtesy to each and every customer. The only excuse for poor communication, lack of follow through, is the fault of the company/vendor or even the individual who sells a product on this forum. The wrong person in a very important job!

Unfortunately we don't always hear about great customer service but if someone gets bad service they make it a point to share that information.

This should be incentive enough for companies/vendors/people who want to sell their product, and for the good ones who care and have the right people doing that customer service job it is. If more companies would remember the old adage: "The Customer is Always Right" we wouldn't have the attitude that, if he doesn't buy it someone else will.

I hope that the vendors or people selling products will read this thread and realize that folks talk about "bad service" more than "good" and there probably is more than one who have read this thread and will take their business elsewhere..........I know I will.
COMPLETELY!

I have attempted to order from the "said" vendor a few times with "poopy" results and poor excuses. I really try and give the benefit of the doubt on most cases, but I have seen more threads on this vendor and Ecklers and I really think it is horrible to continue to see this.

I know they always run deals on products in the PARTS Section, but seriously, are they taking the money and then letting you "THE CUSTOMER" put up with the delay, back orders and other excuses with no follow-ups to keep the "PAYING" customer up to date on their "PAID" orders. That is not CUSTOMER SERVICE, it is ! If you are doing a GP on a set of, let's say, "BORLA STINGERS" that will be dropped shipped, then you as the VENDOR should make sure that BORLA is ready to do just that, handle a large amount of orders to provide good service in a timely manner, and "I" as a customer should not have to make numerous calls about my order to the shipper, no I can handle making one call a week or two later asking about the status and it should be, "Sir, we phoned them and it is on the way." not, "Sir, I am not sure, I can give you the shippers' number and your order number to call and check on."

I don't think it was wrong to hangup, why would it be wrong? The comment about burning a bridge that you may have to cross again...Hmmm, are they the only vendor that sells products? Nope, I can go to someone else and that is the beautiful thing about this, business can be done elsewhere.

Sorry this happened, go some place else and don't bother with them any more.

Micah

Get notified of new replies

To My Experience with Tbyrne :(

Old 08-01-2007, 11:23 AM
CCA Corvette Parts
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 421 Likes on 322 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08,-'13-'14, '16-'17

I run Decelarotors on my CE. They are a fairly good rotor for the money.

However, they are not even remotely similar to the Eradispeed. The Eradispeed are a far superior rotor.

I believe I paid $500 shipped...

Peace
Chip

Old 08-01-2007, 11:42 AM
Cod
Bazinga!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Didn't order anything but above vendor did a "SALE" on exhaust on these forums, when asked if it was in stock "Yes!".. called the place the lady on the other end of the phone said "No, we don't have either in stock"....

Changed vendors....
Old 08-01-2007, 11:47 AM
Rans03
Melting Slicks

CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08

I bought from them, ONCE! Not again. The free market is a beautiful thing

Quick Reply: My Experience with Tbyrne :(