Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

My Experience with Tbyrne :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 12:16 PM
road pilot
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,254 Likes on 817 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2016 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by mikeL82
You need to do some forum searching. TByrne has been the subject of many, many complaints. Personally, I wouldn't buy a valve stewm from them. Speaking to Tom the owner won't do you any good. He is very confrontational. Full of excuses. My issue was Eradispeeds as well.
My research shows this sponsor has a contineual problem
with customer service. I would offer this---try to work out
the problem in a non- hostile manner.
And in the future do your research first before ordering.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:57 PM
electra
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to be the 'Spoiler' but I have spent thousands of dollars with TBYRNE and have been elated with their performance each and every time. I have spoken to both Tom and Holly on the phone and both are cordial, professional and articulate. I will always have them on my short list for potential vendors when I need something for the vette.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:14 PM
WWK888
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too have had a sour experience with this vendor. It is amazing he has not responded to this thread to defend his actions. If I recall correctly there was a similiar thread in the past and he got very confrontational and turned a lot of potential customers off with his attitude. He is just a middleman when it comes to selling parts. His prices are not really that competitive and be very careful if you try and cancel or return an order, he will hit you with that infamous "restocking fee" (how to you restock something you never had in the first place?).
Old 08-01-2007, 01:26 PM
hotwheels57
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Many vendors merely take the order and have the item drop shipped from the manufacturer. That is not "in stock" by my definition. That should be disclosed to the customer since the customer is at the mercy of two companies then.
Lack of communication is at the base of most of the complaints between seller/buyer.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:35 PM
Kale
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WWK888
I too have had a sour experience with this vendor. It is amazing he has not responded to this thread to defend his actions. If I recall correctly there was a similiar thread in the past and he got very confrontational and turned a lot of potential customers off with his attitude. He is just a middleman when it comes to selling parts. His prices are not really that competitive and be very careful if you try and cancel or return an order, he will hit you with that infamous "restocking fee" (how to you restock something you never had in the first place?).
Credit card companies reversing bogus charges is a beautiful thing. Good knowledge for 'next time.'

I've never dealt with him, and although I like to give people the benefit of the doub, it seems like every time I come into the C5 section (which is not that often) there is yet another thread about problems.

Who knows. Good luck to the OP getting resolution. Hope it works out for you.

Last edited by Kale; 08-01-2007 at 02:11 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:54 PM
Halfway
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by WWK888
why would he (they) bother to respond to a thread that is 1. clearly telling the truth and 2. has SO MANY people that have had the SAME experiences. There is nothing he could refute. Its cut and dry, this vendor is simply horrible and the forum continue to allow crappy vendors sponsor the forum as long as they cut them a check. So it goes......
Old 08-01-2007, 04:16 PM
tellefan
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

I ordered a set or Dynatech Supermaxx headers with cats. They said I'd get them in seven to ten working days. The tenth day I called, I was told I'd get them the next day, and they were true to their word. I received two large boxes of headers. I also asked them to price match from another vendor, they did it without any problem. Maybe I was lucky? I've had nothing but a great experience from them. David
Old 08-01-2007, 05:11 PM
TnT9
Advanced

One has to wonder why they haven't responded to this thread.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:19 PM
hotwheels57
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

He's not online and maybe no one has notified him...
Old 08-01-2007, 07:08 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Allow me to make a prediction: This thread will soon be CLOSED!
Old 08-01-2007, 07:45 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,622 Likes on 1,741 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by mikeL82
You need to do some forum searching. TByrne has been the subject of many, many complaints. Personally, I wouldn't buy a valve stewm from them. Speaking to Tom the owner won't do you any good. He is very confrontational. Full of excuses. My issue was Eradispeeds as well.

I could not agree more! My expereince with him was nothing less than pleasant and he had enough nerve to get on the Forum, act very unprofessional and make more excuses. Do a search. There are many many threads about bad service, missing shipments, etc.

Last edited by DebRedZR1; 08-01-2007 at 07:55 PM. Reason: sp
Old 08-01-2007, 07:47 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by Halfway
why would he (they) bother to respond to a thread that is 1. clearly telling the truth and 2. has SO MANY people that have had the SAME experiences. There is nothing he could refute. Its cut and dry, this vendor is simply horrible and the forum continue to allow crappy vendors sponsor the forum as long as they cut them a check. So it goes......
I went through the same thing. Until my Credit card company stepped in nothing was resolved.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Rhode Warrior
Melting Slicks

Sounds like crappy service to me. I don't care about who everyone "knows" there or "deals with". This is pure bull****. I have had dealings with TByrne in the past. They wouldn't honor their price match policy and the order was also delayed. Communication? Forget about it. There are plenty of good vendors out there who will treat you like a customer and not like someone who is disturbing them. You ordered Baers, you should have either received Baers or a timely phone call notifying you they weren't available. End of story.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:53 PM
The Wanderer
Melting Slicks

This vendor is a major problem ... if as reported all claims are true. Why hasn't CF responded and reported?
Old 08-01-2007, 07:54 PM
Rhode Warrior
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by electra
Sorry to be the 'Spoiler' but I have spent thousands of dollars with TBYRNE and have been elated with their performance each and every time. I have spoken to both Tom and Holly on the phone and both are cordial, professional and articulate. I will always have them on my short list for potential vendors when I need something for the vette.

Signed, Your loving Son, Tom Jr.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:56 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by cbx1047cc
Signed, Your loving Son, Tom Jr.
I was thinking :

Love MUMMY
( ps-did that sound good Tommie Boy?)
Old 08-01-2007, 07:59 PM
Rhode Warrior
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DebRedC504
I was thinking :

Love MUMMY
( ps-did that sound good Tommie Boy?)

It's the "cordial, professional, and articulate" line that put me over the top. WTF does articulate have to do with anything?

Get notified of new replies

To My Experience with Tbyrne :(

Old 08-01-2007, 10:01 PM
vetterlatethannever
Race Director

Old 08-02-2007, 01:16 AM
tellefan
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Maybe he needs to read the post about LG. Lou knows how to treat a customer and solve problems. I've been looking at the LG street series headers. After reading Lou's posts he has my business. David
Old 08-02-2007, 11:00 AM
arrow322
Drifting

Originally Posted by ajg1915
I have been working on my vette for over 3 years now and it is sometimes frustrating getting parts in a timely basis, but that is the market place and you need to plan accordingly.

I start to buy parts months in advance of when I'll need them, just to make sure I have them when the time comes.

Good luck with whatever you do.
Nothing personal but it's this attitude that lets these sellers get away with what they do. They need to be held responsible for poor service be that by canceling orders and taking your business somewhere else. or making them eat some cost by demanding refunds etc. I have no problem if something takes weeks but tell me up front so I can decide if I want to try a different vendor. Don't tell me the parts in stock then a week later say oops we are still waiting on the part. To me thats service at it's worst. JMHO

Quick Reply: My Experience with Tbyrne :(