Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

My Experience with Tbyrne :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 08:16 PM
ledsnake
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Experience with Tbyrne :(

On July 16th I placed an order for the Baer Eradispeed rotors that were advertised here on the forum, on sale and in stock. The salesperson wanted to make sure that my ship to address was on file with my CC company so I verified this, she called back and said my order went through this is Monday, Friday comes and no rotors so I call to see what up, I live in MN it only takes 4-5 days ground to ship from ether coast, and she tells me they don't make the Eradispeed anymore and that I would instead get Decela rotors, I'm saying to myself WTF how do you change my order and not tell me?. This is Friday the 20th, Why would they not call or email me that they would not be sending out my order, and that it is changing to this other rotor I might have wanted to try some place else. So I think about it over the weekend and do some searching the web on Decela rotors find out that they are Baer rotors good warranty ect...

I sent an email and told them how I felt about this, could have told me about the delay and the change. I call on Monday the 23rd and asked about the cost and when I would be getting these, the cost was ok and she said they would come in on Thursday the 26th and 3 days to ship so I said ok keep the order but call or email me if they don't come in, well it's Tuesday the 31st and no rotors come in I call to see whats up, oh they haven't come in yet This is where I get wild and told her to cancel my order and hung up first time I have ever hung up on a person.

Am I out of line thinking that this is not how you treat a customer, it might only be a $600.00 order but it's a big purchase for me. Sorry for the long rant but I had to vent this out before I blow a gasket. Keep in mind it's now going to be 3 weeks since I order these rotors and still no rotors and have to find another place that I hope I can trust to buy from.

I just want to something.

Thanks

-Led
Old 07-31-2007, 08:23 PM
blacksedan87
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Have you asked to speak with the owner? Sometimes the owner of the business has no idea that there is a customer about ready to blow his top because a customer service rep or salesperson mis-handled a transaction.

I am not defending anyone - I'm just trying to be the voice of reason and offer a suggestion on how I would resolve this.

TByrne is a long time supporting vendor on the forum, and I think he deserves a conversation on this matter. If he chooses to not respond or resolve the matter - then he doesn't deserve anyone's business here. But I know that he has sold a lot of parts over the years to members and he does deserve the opportunity to make a bad situation right. Good luck.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:36 PM
jbondfl
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Default Can't say I blame you.

I'd have been pretty hot too. Not their fault the rotors models changed but they do have a responsiblity to let you know (right away) and let you know if there are any other delays.

I'd say they owe you 15% off and free overnight shipping. Otherwise I'd spend my $$ elsewhere.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:39 PM
jay'szo6
Safety Car

I've dealt with them several times. When a lady who's name I can't remember, Linda or Julie maybe, used to work there. I only dealt with her, and she always gave me good prices and great service. The last time I called them up, they told me she didn't work there anymore. So I tried to deal with another lady there. They part I wanted had a lower price through Summit Racing. So I asked them to match the price, hence their Price Match Policy. I even emailed the link to the website with the price and everything. Well they didn't match it, they came close. But close isn't "matching the price". So I ordered it from Summit & haven't tried to deal with them since.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:58 PM
ledsnake
Racer

Blacksedan87 no I did not ask to talk to the owner, I guess I should have but I keep it to the same person who answered my phone call an email there rep and support of the forum is part of what brought me there to buy from in first place.

jbondfl I agree it's not there fault that Baer changed the rotor but to not even tell you is not cool at all plus the delay.

jay'sz06 Customer service is what keeps you coming back for more and lack of is what drives you away.

Thanks guys at least I don't feel like I'm being unreasonable about this.

Thanks

-Led
Old 07-31-2007, 09:04 PM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Default Goods Service from TByrne

I've always got great service from TByrne.

Most parts are drop shipped these days and the vendor (TByrne) is in the middle with the distributor controlling shipment and availability.

A lot of times the distributor will tell them something shipped even if they did not ship it. The only way they know that there is a problem is if you call them.

I normally speak with Hollie and sh'e been very helpful every time.

I don't thing it was right that you yelled and hung up the phone. Problems get solved by communication not yelling.

I'm sure TByrne would take care of you, you just have to have some patience.

I have been working on my vette for over 3 years now and it is sometimes frustrating getting parts in a timely basis, but that is the market place and you need to plan accordingly.

I start to buy parts months in advance of when I'll need them, just to make sure I have them when the time comes.

Good luck with whatever you do.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:07 PM
DevilDog II
Race Director

Received 888 Likes on 553 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by blacksedan87
Have you asked to speak with the owner? Sometimes the owner of the business has no idea that there is a customer about ready to blow his top because a customer service rep or salesperson mis-handled a transaction.

I am not defending anyone - I'm just trying to be the voice of reason and offer a suggestion on how I would resolve this.

TByrne is a long time supporting vendor on the forum, and I think he deserves a conversation on this matter. If he chooses to not respond or resolve the matter - then he doesn't deserve anyone's business here. But I know that he has sold a lot of parts over the years to members and he does deserve the opportunity to make a bad situation right. Good luck.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:12 PM
ledsnake
Racer

Originally Posted by ajg1915
I've always got great service from TByrne.

Most parts are drop shipped these days and the vendor (TByrne) is in the middle with the distributor controlling shipment and availability.

A lot of times the distributor will tell them something shipped even if they did not ship it. The only way they know that there is a problem is if you call them.

I normally speak with Hollie and sh'e been very helpful every time.

I don't thing it was right that you yelled and hung up the phone. Problems get solved by communication not yelling.

I'm sure TByrne would take care of you, you just have to have some patience.

I have been working on my vette for over 3 years now and it is sometimes frustrating getting parts in a timely basis, but that is the market place and you need to plan accordingly.

I start to buy parts months in advance of when I'll need them, just to make sure I have them when the time comes.

Good luck with whatever you do.
I did not yell or cuss I simply said cancel my order and hung up as I did not want to blow up at anyone.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:14 PM
mikeL82
Instructor

You need to do some forum searching. TByrne has been the subject of many, many complaints. Personally, I wouldn't buy a valve stewm from them. Speaking to Tom the owner won't do you any good. He is very confrontational. Full of excuses. My issue was Eradispeeds as well.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:18 PM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by ledsnake
I did not yell or cuss I simply said cancel my order and hung up as I did not want to blow up at anyone.
I'm glad that you didn't yell and I didn't say anything about cussing, but it is still rude to hang up on someone.

As my Dad told me years ago, never burn a bridge that you may have to walk across again. (i.e. They may be the only game in town for a part you need desperately).

I have had my troubles getting parts but I would never aire it out on the Forum unless they (vendor or person) ripped me off and I was warning my fellow members.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:29 PM
rcs128
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

"Only" a $600 purchase? Any vendor ought to be bending over backwards to keep someone spending that kind of money completely happy and informed. Heck, the true gold-star vendors that earn my respect (and repeat business) are the ones who treat every customer and every transaction like it's a $600 deal -- even if it's just a $2 part. I don't blame you for being upset.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:29 PM
ledsnake
Racer

I'm glad that you didn't yell and I didn't say anything about cussing, but it is still rude to hang up on someone.

As my Dad told me years ago, never burn a bridge that you may have to walk across again. (i.e. They may be the only game in town for a part you need desperately).

I have had my troubles getting parts but I would never aire it out on the Forum unless they (vendor or person) ripped me off and I was warning my fellow members.
Maybe I should have kept it to myself. But I felt burnt twice.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:35 PM
IrishMac
Moderator Emeritus

Gone, but not Forgotten
Cruise-In 5, 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09

Let's be careful and not turn this into a vendor bashing thread. I understand your frustration, but I'd suggest you call them again.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:41 PM
krm_wi_C5
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

pm sent.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:42 PM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by ledsnake
Maybe I should have kept it to myself. But I felt burnt twice.
I truly know how you feel as I have been down that road more times than probably most of the guys on this forum only a couple of guys like AHP, that have had worse experiences than me.

Been three years and I think it will take another year to finish her up so that I can actually drive it.

This is a picture of car a few months back. Hope to post up some pictures of the Vette after the tranny conversion from an automatic to a six speed gets finished up. I'm still working out all of the electrical issues.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:43 PM
Titleist320
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcs128
"Only" a $600 purchase? Any vendor ought to be bending over backwards to keep someone spending that kind of money completely happy and informed. Heck, the true gold-star vendors that earn my respect (and repeat business) are the ones who treat every customer and every transaction like it's a $600 deal -- even if it's just a $2 part. I don't blame you for being upset.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:11 PM
ledsnake
Racer

I truly know how you feel as I have been down that road more times than probably most of the guys on this forum only a couple of guys like AHP, that have had worse experiences than me.

Been three years and I think it will take another year to finish her up so that I can actually drive it.

This is a picture of car a few months back. Hope to post up some pictures of the Vette after the tranny conversion from an automatic to a six speed gets finished up. I'm still working out all of the electrical issues.

That my friend is going to be one nice ride, love the wide body when it's done right. I hope you post up when your finished, I will keep my eye out for it best of luck.

Get notified of new replies

To My Experience with Tbyrne :(

Old 07-31-2007, 10:26 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by jay'szo6
I've dealt with them several times. When a lady who's name I can't remember, Linda or Julie maybe, used to work there. I only dealt with her, and she always gave me good prices and great service. The last time I called them up, they told me she didn't work there anymore. So I tried to deal with another lady there. They part I wanted had a lower price through Summit Racing. So I asked them to match the price, hence their Price Match Policy. I even emailed the link to the website with the price and everything. Well they didn't match it, they came close. But close isn't "matching the price". So I ordered it from Summit & haven't tried to deal with them since.
DITTO!
Old 07-31-2007, 10:45 PM
Gannet
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

They still make Eradispeeds. In fact, they make more models for C5s than are shown on that website, or in the Baer catalog for that matter.

I believe the Decela is a lower-grade rotor from Baer.

Call Baer and ask for tech support. I just did that a week or so ago. Very nice and knowledgeable guy. At least find out the truth from the horse's mouth.

Tbyrne? I couldn't get them to respond to email for a quote on Baers. Perhaps just as well.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:06 PM
istsme98
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by IrishMac
Let's be careful and not turn this into a vendor bashing thread. I understand your frustration, but I'd suggest you call them again.

Quick Reply: My Experience with Tbyrne :(