Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

All Members Please Read

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 02:50 AM
Shinobi'sZ
Le Mans Master

Received 439 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by jersey jay
I've posted this as a locked sticky but I feel it's only fair that I give everyone who posts in C5FI a chance to post their thoughts.

I'm looking for only positive solutions:

No Bashing:
No Name Calling:
No Hijacking:
No Taking It Off Topic In This Thread:

I’m sure you’ve noticed a change in C5 FI over the past week as I was requested to come here and resole an issue. I’ve been posting in this venue for almost five years and know most of you folks. I see that a few are spoiling it for the many which is no longer going to happen. I have the utmost respect and admiration for everyone in this venue for being pioneers in FI bringing our cars to the next level. Many have helped me as I have done the same for others. That’s the way it should be.

My car was a recent feature in a magazine which would not have been possible without the help from the crew in this arena. I not going to name those as they already know who they are. I also take my hat off to those who have astounded me with their learning curve. Again I need not have to mention any names as you know who you are.

What I’m trying to say is that were all here for each other along with having fun and having an outlet from the everyday grind.

I sent this PM out to a number of members and felt obligated to share it with all of you as everyone needs to know what’s going on.

Copy Of PM:

I just want to make something clear:

Instead of emailing or sending PM'S I got on the phone this morning and called a few folks up in Canada.

It appears that we have two camps going to war up in your neck of the woods.

A. Wade AKA AREC5
B. Dave AKA SLED28

Being a former shop owner and belonging to other sites I'm aware that each camp will support their shop of their choice which is understandable.

All of you have made the Covette Forum your battle ground which will be no longer tolerated.

I expect everyone to come here to learn and have a good time. What I don't expect is every thread going off topic or being turned into a pissing match.

I'm easy going by nature but now I'm pissed off as I have to clean this mess up!

Tell everyone up in your camp that the party is over. If they don't want to only post positive threads or replies tell them not to post at all.

I went to the well for someone yesterday with ECS which I'll do for anybody and as I suspected ECS resolved the issue immediately with the member. Another member then came into the thread and bashed ECS after the issue was resolved.

What I will not tolerate is all this garbage of two camps going to war as I said.

I expect your full cooperation in this matter along with the buddies in your camp.

That is all.
Most people in the FI section are here because they wanted more out of their cars then what they came with from the factory...and they want to discuss the path to get to having a FI vehicle with others, or they are having difficulties with an application.

Then there are also some who feel they must defend what they purchased against any type of discussion and will skew the accuracy of information with the same agenda...which can be confusing to those that hadn't been around as witness or had the experience. I'm not talking about vendor cheerleaders either. Cheerleaders are fine if the information is accurate, but it does have a tendancy to become transparent.

The bottom line is that this place is best served when it is used as a source for those who need help and information on how to modify their vehicles, and to share (if they want) about their new or old project.

It should also be a place where questions can be asked about the information being posted without the fear of being disrespected from somebody they don't know. Over the past 7-8 years I have been banned permanently (twice) from this forum because somebody called me names and I got pissed about it, largely because I don't think they would have said it in person. Luckily I have been let back on because I need help every now and then or somebody else does and this is the best place I have seen for getting help...in all of the sections.

I think it's a good practice when writing in email or posting on a forum to imagine the person is sitting in front of you or you were simply discussing it in person at a gathering or event. Everybody here is an enthusiast and passionate about their cars.

Looking back probably the best practice that should be applied as a minimum and if I remember correctly the original forum rule (a good one)..."attack the issue not the person."

Lastly I think Jersey Jay is a great choice as a Moderator...I have never seen him act maliciously towards anybody on here and he gets along with everybody, but isn't afraid to let somebody know when to chill out.

I remember the the last time I got banned I asked the moderator to just let me be a moderator and I would take care of everything...you guys should feel lucky JJ is the moderator and not me.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:34 AM
mdhmi
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by American_HP@Total Perf
My humble opinion is, is the forum is ALREADY very heavily moderated.

This is one of the big reasons I don't post much in this particular section. Almost everyone here is either selling something or nuthugging someone who is.

It's a shame really as there are plenty of people reading these threads who have some meaningful feedback but are afraid to share it.

Some of us remember what happened when someone had the nerve to point out that a particular $2,000 fuel system wasn't all that and a bag of chips. He pointed out a few things that needed to be corrected in the kit to get it to work right.

So what happened? Everyone and their brother pounced on him and said his shop must suck because they "obviously" didn't install the precious xyz kit properly.

Of course he was right and they were wrong.

The problem with all this is that it discourages honest feedback.

Whether it's meth kits, fuel systems, 6 ribs belt assemblies, long tube headers, cams, etc .. There are plenty of people here who have already tried the combo. Let's not stifle legitimate feedback..

Just my .02.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:36 AM
flynbludream
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been a member here for a long time, probably more than most. I have always found this place to be a great place to hang out and I have met a few great people through this site. I have seen lots of conflicts member-member, vendor to vendor and every combo inbetween. However I have noticed that recently there are a lot of people who come here (some of who have been banned) simply to start a bunch of BS.

I guess they have so little joy in their lives that they feel the need to come on here and claim to be the "best at this" or the "fastest car in this country" or the world record holder for a red corvette running a 122.8 shot of nitrous on a stock clutch with a gray shifter boot. Who gives a damn.

There are some posts made by some members here that are clearly meant to inflame tempers and some that have absolutely nothing to do with FI. Some people try to tear down others because they don't "take it to the track". I have waited for over 7 years to finally get serious on mods on my car and it will more than likely never see slicks or a roll cage. My car will be a true daily driver 600 rwhp street car and I really don't care if it runs 9's or 13's, I will enjoy the hell out of it.

It's too bad there is not an automatic class filter. Some people would never get to post. There is a wealth of knowledge here, most of the members are genuine enthusiasts who appreciate each others cars and try to help each other out. Those who come on here that clearly add no value or aren't here to learn and just want an outlet to be a ***** should get vacations. Good job moderators.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:58 AM
AREC5
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very well said Jer Jay! Finally someone to clean up this mess! I will make some comments in this thread since I was won to be mentioned, first off I myself have never thought we were at war at all!!!!!!!
I am always the first one to tell my friends/ customers to not bash other people it doesn't help anyone involved but actually makes us look like a bunch of monkeys.
That being said my customers/friends come on here to brag about there acomplishments because they live and breath there cars and spend all there spare time and money making the cars just as they want them. I thank all of them for that and supporting me over all the years so I do understand them being so passionate with there cars.

In the end of this bashing, the tunners are the ones that lose in this senerio not the customer or end user, I'm sure everyone on here that has an everyday job that needs it to support there family could understand! Imagine there was a web site or message board for everything, how happy would business owners be if they were getting bashed every day!!!
I am very happy that it has come to this and someone is stepping up to the plate to clean it up I thank you

Wade
Old 01-06-2008, 11:05 AM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by mdhmi

It's a shame really as there are plenty of people reading these threads who have some meaningful feedback but are afraid to share it.

Some of us remember what happened when someone had the nerve to point out that a particular $2,000 fuel system wasn't all that and a bag of chips. He pointed out a few things that needed to be corrected in the kit to get it to work right.

So what happened? Everyone and their brother pounced on him and said his shop must suck because they "obviously" didn't install the precious xyz kit properly.

Whether it's meth kits, fuel systems, 6 ribs belt assemblies, long tube headers, cams, etc .. There are plenty of people here who have already tried the combo. Let's not stifle legitimate feedback..

Just my .02.

Nothing wrong with posting up jubilant comments about your new FI set-up, etc ... But you should post up the honest truth of your journey to get there and the problems you encountered on the way there.

There are lots of good shops out there and most guys pick a shop based on geographical location and member feedback.

However, it doesn't do anyone any good if you don't give honest feedback and issues that arouse during your build. I don't know of any major project that I have worked on that did not have some sort of issues to overcome.

I'm more concerned that when something does not go right what the tuner or vendor will due to correct the situation, those are the places that I will do business with.

I hope that the moderators will allow this type of honest feedback to be posted here as it only benefits their loyal members, whom without their support there would be no Corvette Forum.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:46 AM
Cliff99C5hardtop
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Jay, very well said.......now I know why you said what you said to me the other day. It all makes sense now. It seemed like everyone was just having fun, but I never realized that it went any further than that.

For those of you that don't know Jay, he is a great stand up guy......I don't admire the job that you got as moderator here though. Good luck and anything you need from me just let me know.

Cliff.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:54 PM
1%r
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

Originally Posted by mdhmi

This is one of the big reasons I don't post much in this particular section. Almost everyone here is either selling something or nuthugging someone who is.

Just my .02.
I agree with what your saying, Mark. I want to see the good along with the bad as I'm sure all others do. The crap is going to stop right here and now with people attacking each other. This forum is to have a good time and share information. If you want to go off topic we have amother venue here on the site for that.

This section of the forum is no longer a battle ground.

Originally Posted by flynbludream
I've been a member here for a long time, probably more than most. I have always found this place to be a great place to hang out and I have met a few great people through this site. I have seen lots of conflicts member-member, vendor to vendor and every combo inbetween. However I have noticed that recently there are a lot of people who come here (some of who have been banned) simply to start a bunch of BS.

I guess they have so little joy in their lives that they feel the need to come on here and claim to be the "best at this" or the "fastest car in this country" or the world record holder for a red corvette running a 122.8 shot of nitrous on a stock clutch with a gray shifter boot. Who gives a damn.

There are some posts made by some members here that are clearly meant to inflame tempers and some that have absolutely nothing to do with FI. Some people try to tear down others because they don't "take it to the track". I have waited for over 7 years to finally get serious on mods on my car and it will more than likely never see slicks or a roll cage. My car will be a true daily driver 600 rwhp street car and I really don't care if it runs 9's or 13's, I will enjoy the hell out of it.

It's too bad there is not an automatic class filter. Some people would never get to post. There is a wealth of knowledge here, most of the members are genuine enthusiasts who appreciate each others cars and try to help each other out. Those who come on here that clearly add no value or aren't here to learn and just want an outlet to be a ***** should get vacations. Good job moderators.

Thank You!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by AREC5
Very well said Jer Jay! Finally someone to clean up this mess! I will make some comments in this thread since I was won to be mentioned, first off I myself have never thought we were at war at all!!!!!!!
I am always the first one to tell my friends/ customers to not bash other people it doesn't help anyone involved but actually makes us look like a bunch of monkeys.
That being said my customers/friends come on here to brag about there acomplishments because they live and breath there cars and spend all there spare time and money making the cars just as they want them. I thank all of them for that and supporting me over all the years so I do understand them being so passionate with there cars.

In the end of this bashing, the tunners are the ones that lose in this senerio not the customer or end user, I'm sure everyone on here that has an everyday job that needs it to support there family could understand! Imagine there was a web site or message board for everything, how happy would business owners be if they were getting bashed every day!!!
I am very happy that it has come to this and someone is stepping up to the plate to clean it up I thank you

Wade
Wade do what you have to do to keep your camp in order as I have asked Dave to do the same. I would have called you as I did Dave but didn't have you number. If you want to talk further just PM me your number. Thanks for stepping up to the plate and posting in this thread.
Let's see where it goes from here.

Originally Posted by ajg1915

Nothing wrong with posting up jubilant comments about your new FI set-up, etc ... But you should post up the honest truth of your journey to get there and the problems you encountered on the way there.

There are lots of good shops out there and most guys pick a shop based on geographical location and member feedback.

However, it doesn't do anyone any good if you don't give honest feedback and issues that arouse during your build. I don't know of any major project that I have worked on that did not have some sort of issues to overcome.

I'm more concerned that when something does not go right what the tuner or vendor will due to correct the situation, those are the places that I will do business with.

I hope that the moderators will allow this type of honest feedback to be posted here as it only benefits their loyal members, whom without their support there would be no Corvette Forum.
We will alow all honest feedback and want to encourage such. What we don't want is that it turned into a pissing match which then becomes hostile.

Such behavior will no longer be tolerated in this venue.

Originally Posted by Cliff99C5hardtop
Jay, very well said.......now I know why you said what you said to me the other day. It all makes sense now. It seemed like everyone was just having fun, but I never realized that it went any further than that.

For those of you that don't know Jay, he is a great stand up guy......I don't admire the job that you got as moderator here though. Good luck and anything you need from me just let me know.

Cliff.
Your a Fireman by trade, thanks for trying to help put out the fires.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Vince99FRC
Safety Car

Jay where is the vendor feedback section? There has to be a place where consumers can get answers to their vendor issues and PM's do not help other consumers. PM's will only protect vendors.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:16 PM
1%r
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Vince99FRC
Jay where is the vendor feedback section? There has to be a place where consumers can get answers to their vendor issues and PM's do not help other consumers. PM's will only protect vendors.
There is a private venue for only supporting vendors that is not open to the general public. I found the best way for feedback if you have a problem is the document all PM's emails and phone calls.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:40 PM
Bill Reid
Le Mans Master

Congrats on the moderator position Jay! And hang in there!

Bill
Old 01-06-2008, 03:45 PM
1%r
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Bill Reid
Congrats on the moderator position Jay! And hang in there!

Bill
Well look at what the cat dragged in.

We need you to post more, Bill. Help these guys, please!
Old 01-06-2008, 06:29 PM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

Personally I did not like the bickering between the two said "camps" so I would skip over the posts.

I would like to thank you for keeping it a learning site and not a war grounds for who's got what and I've got a bigger, better, faster, stronger........ BS in my opinion!

IMHO!

Thanks,Matt
Old 01-06-2008, 07:56 PM
LB
Melting Slicks

Old 01-06-2008, 09:24 PM
SLED28
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor "08

I myself do not agree with non-sense that has been happening on here quite regularly for well over a year and it got me quite upset at times. I am no innocent bystandard, I can admit that. But, I feel that I only got involved with it on a self defence when either my name, my shop or my tuner was brought up.

I am so mad at myself for getting away from the technical side of it lately, the one thing I am known for; helping everybody in the LT1 and LS1 world for the past 13 years.

I used to work for another member for years, and did alot of 'middle man' negotiations between the shop and PO'd customers on the internet, untill I finally realized I was defending the wrong people. I have built most of these 'bashing canadians' motors in the past for years without problems untill the day I left ( then it was the blame the last guy out) and here we are today.

I have my own shop, the best tech in Toronto, best tuner in Toronto (yes I'm biased) and a very succesful and busy shop at the moment. Things are going great for me right now (had some serious health issues and still do, but I block those out so I don't drive myself nuts), and I'm sorry to all for anything I have done to interupt the forced induction section, the best section on the Net!

Thanks for listening,
Dave
Old 01-06-2008, 09:41 PM
1%r
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

I really appreciate all the positive input and support guys. Please feel free to PM me if I can help you with issues here on the site.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:33 PM
vetterdstr
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
CA Events Coordinator

There once was a time that this section pretty much ran itself with no moderation. Then things changed, over time it got worse. Now that it requires heavy moderation and everyone has been warned. I hope it all goes smoothly from this point on.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:51 AM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by vetterdstr
There once was a time that this section pretty much ran itself with no moderation. Then things changed, over time it got worse. Now that it requires heavy moderation and everyone has been warned. I hope it all goes smoothly from this point on.

I've been a member of this site for a few years now, and have spent most of my time in this section. I've always felt welcome and "safe" in this section. I had a less then desirable year of modding last year, and leased an 08 C6 to fill the void of my 98 till it was done. I put on a few boltons, and posted a bit in the C6 tech section. I found that section to be very contraversial, argumentative, and downright mean at times. some of these guys seemed a bit stuckup and had better then attitudes.

I think the forum should be a place to gather info, share fun experiences and even brag a little when hard fought projects turn out right! Driving and modifying Corvettes is a passion and hobby of mine. When it stops being "fun" to hang out somewhere, I go else where or try to find out what went wrong.

I think it's a good thing that you are putting the fun back in the section, not to say it was gone, but if there are things or people that are constantly creating contraversy, then somethings got to give!

Good luck and thanks for your efforts Jay!!

JB

Get notified of new replies

To All Members Please Read

Old 01-07-2008, 10:53 AM
RED99
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank god there is a new sherriff in town. I remember not too long ago someone came on a thread hijacking and bashing people with Maggies, ................and the guy didn't even own a F/I motor. I contribute yearly to this forum to help keep it running. It's not a lot of money, but I don't want to be paying for this kind of . A Forum is to help one another, and share ideas. I see nothing wrong in stating a problem with a product. But there is a correct way, and a wrong way in doing this. And hijacking a thread to give an opinion on a product that a person doesn't even own is defently the wrong way.
Good luck to you Jay. And thanks for devoting your time to this Forum to help keeping it civil.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:31 AM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Deleted. Probably due to the self-preservation instinct.

Last edited by Warp Factor; 01-07-2008 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:05 PM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jay,

Congrats on the position and good luck. It's a tough job with plenty of challenges.

Without strict moderation I can easily envision this forum overflowing with the egocentric postings of a few and worse, their hidden as well as their "not so hidden" private agendas and vendettas.

Again, congrats.

Charlie

Quick Reply: All Members Please Read