Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

All Members Please Read

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 07:37 PM
1%r
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

Default All Members Please Read

I've posted this as a locked sticky but I feel it's only fair that I give everyone who posts in C5FI a chance to post their thoughts.

I'm looking for only positive solutions:

No Bashing:
No Name Calling:
No Hijacking:
No Taking It Off Topic In This Thread:

I’m sure you’ve noticed a change in C5 FI over the past week as I was requested to come here and resole an issue. I’ve been posting in this venue for almost five years and know most of you folks. I see that a few are spoiling it for the many which is no longer going to happen. I have the utmost respect and admiration for everyone in this venue for being pioneers in FI bringing our cars to the next level. Many have helped me as I have done the same for others. That’s the way it should be.

My car was a recent feature in a magazine which would not have been possible without the help from the crew in this arena. I not going to name those as they already know who they are. I also take my hat off to those who have astounded me with their learning curve. Again I need not have to mention any names as you know who you are.

What I’m trying to say is that were all here for each other along with having fun and having an outlet from the everyday grind.

I sent this PM out to a number of members and felt obligated to share it with all of you as everyone needs to know what’s going on.

Copy Of PM:

I just want to make something clear:

Instead of emailing or sending PM'S I got on the phone this morning and called a few folks up in Canada.

It appears that we have two camps going to war up in your neck of the woods.

A. Wade AKA AREC5
B. Dave AKA SLED28

Being a former shop owner and belonging to other sites I'm aware that each camp will support their shop of their choice which is understandable.

All of you have made the Covette Forum your battle ground which will be no longer tolerated.

I expect everyone to come here to learn and have a good time. What I don't expect is every thread going off topic or being turned into a pissing match.

I'm easy going by nature but now I'm pissed off as I have to clean this mess up!

Tell everyone up in your camp that the party is over. If they don't want to only post positive threads or replies tell them not to post at all.

I went to the well for someone yesterday with ECS which I'll do for anybody and as I suspected ECS resolved the issue immediately with the member. Another member then came into the thread and bashed ECS after the issue was resolved.

What I will not tolerate is all this garbage of two camps going to war as I said.

I expect your full cooperation in this matter along with the buddies in your camp.

That is all.

Last edited by 1%r; 01-05-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:53 PM
FactoryRaceCar
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Old 01-05-2008, 07:57 PM
hermit
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well that answers a few questions I've had concerning the way the forum has been moderated lately. I was thinking that people were being warned for posts that didn't seem offensive at all but I can see why now.
It seems that some members were having a hard time distinguishing between a little good natured razzing and getting downright nasty. I actually felt sorry for some of the vendors and tuners that had people defending their product in a way was probably very embarrassing to the company and not reflective of how they would want to be represented. Reading some of those threads was like living in an apartment with thin walls and having to hear your neighbors having a loud fight.
I spend so much time on this forum it almost seems like a second home. I hope everyone can continue to be respectful to each other so we can all benefit from the exchange of information.
As the old saying goes, you can disagree without being disagreeable.

Last edited by hermit; 01-05-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:25 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by hermit
Well that answers a few questions I've had concerning the way the forum has been moderated lately. I was thinking that people were being warned for posts that didn't seem offensive at all but I can see why now.
It seems that some members were having a hard time distinguishing between a little good natured razzing and getting downright nasty. I actually felt sorry for some of the vendors and tuners that had people defending their product in a way was probably very embarrassing to the company and not reflective of how they would want to be represented. Reading some of those threads was like living in an apartment with thin walls and having to hear your neighbors having a loud fight.
I spend so much time on this forum it almost seems like a second home. I hope everyone can continue to be respectful to each other so we can all benefit from the exchange of information.
this should be a place to help,each and ever member. Not rack someone over the coals.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Tony @ MPH
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well said.

And thanks for tackling this Jay.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:29 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

My humble opinion is, is the forum is ALREADY very heavily moderated. To the point that it has caused some very good members to post infrequently, and in some cases never. When this happens, we ALL loose out on their wealth of knowledge.

What i'm getting at, is the fact that we ALL know the moderation is NOT gonna lighten up or go away. If anything, it will increase. The ONLY way we are able to continue sharing information, is to do so by understanding that most of the posting that goes on CAN NOT be decifered between "Bashing" or "Friendly Poking". This is becasue its impossible to get your humor across in the form of typed words.

Soooo, as unfortunate as it may be, its just gotta stop all together. This is the only way we will be able to continue to post, without being banned or moderated..
Old 01-05-2008, 09:00 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Old 01-05-2008, 09:04 PM
asmokegars
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'06-'07-'08

Thanks Jay,

Ribbing in a public forum where not everybody knows the context is a bad move.

If you have a concern or a question and think it might not be appropriate on the board as it might lead to bashing or members from a particular shop jumping in - just send a PM. I have recieved quite a few over the years and have tried to answer them as best I could indicating the good and bad based on my experience and am always willing to do that. I am pretty sure most other members who have been around the block will as well.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:15 PM
undertaker
Race Director

Location: ECS : WTF did you break now and HTF did you break it this time
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by American_HP@Total Perf
lots of words.....

lots more of words...

Soooo, as unfortunate as it may be, its just gotta stop all together. This is the only way we will be able to continue to post, without being banned or moderated..
um......I think its understood you're not cool if you haven't been banned and/or moderated...

but hats off to jay....this is a war zone...I give him credit for making the peace...
Old 01-05-2008, 09:21 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

:
like I usually say...."you don't know the half of it" and I don't say that to be an azz...I say that because as members you don't see the amount of email and PM's we get concerning all the things Jay said above. Believe me when we say we play no favorites and are doing what we volunteered to do. When Jay was appointed Moderator in C5 FI I was like this I think he is the perfect person for this section as he stated above he knows you guys and he knows FI. I spent time here trying to get a handle on this section and did my best but I was far from a good fit.

Jay to you buddy
Old 01-05-2008, 09:22 PM
roythomas
Drifting

did us Canadian's miss another event !!!! and still got second !!!! .. thanks guys !!! back on track !!! as i said in every sport there are referees couches poor sportsmen cheater's loser's .... good luck & god bless

Last edited by 1%r; 01-05-2008 at 09:32 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:23 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

My humble opinion is, is the forum is ALREADY very heavily moderated. To the point that it has caused some very good members to post infrequently, and in some cases never. When this happens, we ALL loose out on their wealth of knowledge.

What i'm getting at, is the fact that we ALL know the moderation is NOT gonna lighten up or go away. If anything, it will increase. The ONLY way we are able to continue sharing information, is to do so by understanding that most of the posting that goes on CAN NOT be decifered between "Bashing" or "Friendly Poking". This is becasue its impossible to get your humor across in the form of typed words.

trust me...we would rather do less....those who left did so on their own accord.

Jay and I spoke about this today
its impossible to get your humor across in the form of typed words.
it would be best for all to remember this when posting
Old 01-05-2008, 09:42 PM
Vince99FRC
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As a moderator on ls1tech I totally agree with the mods here. I myself have been getting a little off topic. It wont happen again..
Old 01-05-2008, 09:52 PM
MotleyDrew
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

these two camps do seem to have a history which they can't seem to let go. If you notice I am a friend of MityMikec's but I never get involved of any of the crap because thats how i honestly see it. I know Mike was banned yesterday and thats unfortunate as he is a buddy of mine and actually a super guy but may come off a little harsh at times as he is a member on another local board i am a big part of.

The two groups seem to get under each others skin very easily. The way i look at things is that we all share a common interest and I would hope that I am not trying to compete with someone else and when someone is asking a question you would hpe its not being used against them in some negative manner. I like having fun and keeping this on a light note. I actually get embarrased by some of the posts my fellow canaidans post in the FI section at times as it seems like we are in grade school again having a pissing contest. Lets try and behave and give each other true praise and no more back handed complements

I understand that the mods have a job to do and they are not getting paid for it so we should not abuse them and try and keep things as easy as possible for them.

If anyone wants to bicker or fight bout stuff...take it off line.

Take care all and Rock n Roll

Last edited by MotleyDrew; 01-06-2008 at 12:18 AM.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:00 PM
eb02z06
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08

I'll be the first to admit that I have been guilty of taking alot things off-topic and I'm no stranger to bashing-that I promise will stop!

I've made alot friends on this board-from Texas to Cali to Vegas to Indiana to the East coast. I've learned tonnes of stuff from everybody and I'm grateful for it. Because of the help I've received I try my best to pass on as much useful info and help to as many people as I can. I'm grateful to be on a board with all my Corvette friends that share the same passion and enthusiasm for this great hobby!

Jay-I appreciate you taking the time out of your day and talking to my friends on how we can make this better place for everyone!
Old 01-05-2008, 10:16 PM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by eb02z06
I'll be the first to admit that I have been guilty of taking alot things off-topic and I'm no stranger to bashing-that I promise will stop!

I've made alot friends on this board-from Texas to Cali to Vegas to Indiana to the East coast. I've learned tonnes of stuff from everybody and I'm grateful for it. Because of the help I've received I try my best to pass on as much useful info and help to as many people as I can. I'm grateful to be on a board with all my Corvette friends that share the same passion and enthusiasm for this great hobby!

Jay-I appreciate you taking the time out of your day and talking to my friends on how we can make this better place for everyone!

ah i feel some LOVE
Old 01-05-2008, 10:56 PM
LB
Melting Slicks

Every person on this forum will read and intepret their fellow members post with a unique bias. I am sure we were all guilty at one time or the other, of reading a fellow members post and getting the wrong impression. If you have had hard feelings in the past with a member, it will become almost expected that your interpretation of their post will be negative. In the end, the moderator will have the most difficult task of reading each post to distinguish positive critique, from undermining sarcasm.

Good luck mods, we salute you

Get notified of new replies

To All Members Please Read

Old 01-05-2008, 11:03 PM
Robert56@RNS
Collections Hold

Being a mod on another site, I can understand how much time and effort it can take when things get to a point that effects everyone. I think Jay will get things squared away in no time, as his seemingly easy nature is a giant plus in these matters.

Anyway, I sure enjoy my time in this section, and love to share the technical information that I have gleaned from many. Yes, many a pioneer has shared everything they learned on their project, and that says boat loads about these individuals/vendors/companies.

Vendors getting into pissing matches, well that's not good for anyone. I have personally been in a vendor pissing match on another site, and it actually hurt the company. However, I really have not noticed it to much around here.

So, the best Corvette site on the planet, can only get better from here on in.

Robert
Old 01-05-2008, 11:33 PM
1%r
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

[B]It's heavily moderated due to all the PM's and hit post reports we get. Your all killin me![B/]

[B]What i'm getting at, is the fact that we ALL know the moderation is NOT gonna lighten up or go away. If anything, it will increase.[B] The ONLY way we are able to continue sharing information, is to do so by understanding that most of the posting that goes on CAN NOT be decifered between "Bashing" or "Friendly Poking". This is becasue its impossible to get your humor across in the form of typed words.

It won't increase.

As I have been told behave or begone in a prior life.

Originally Posted by NICK YOSKIN
ah i feel some LOVE
You'll be feelin my love, you big lug.

Originally Posted by LB
Every person on this forum will read and intepret their fellow members post with a unique bias. I am sure we were all guilty at one time or the other, of reading a fellow members post and getting the wrong impression. If you have had hard feelings in the past with a member, it will become almost expected that your interpretation of their post will be negative.[B] In the end, the moderator will have the most difficult task of reading each post to distinguish positive critique, from undermining sarcasm.[B]

It's all up to you, you and you. Do want me me to call again and explain?

Good luck mods, we salute you
No we salute you, as I said your the master of your own destiny.

Originally Posted by Robert56
Being a mod on another site, I can understand how much time and effort it can take when things get to a point that effects everyone.[B] I think Jay will get things squared away in no time, as his seemingly easy nature is a giant plus in these matters.[B/]

I have no pity for you as I have none left for your moderating duties.

Easygoing isn't an option anymore as it's all up to the members themselves.
Anyway, I sure enjoy my time in this section, and love to share the technical information that I have gleaned from many. Yes, many a pioneer has shared everything they learned on their project, and that says boat loads about these individuals/vendors/companies.

Vendors getting into pissing matches, well that's not good for anyone. I have personally been in a vendor pissing match on another site, and it actually hurt the company. However, I really have not noticed it to much around here.

So, the best Corvette site on the planet, can only get better from here on in.

Robert

Last edited by 1%r; 01-05-2008 at 11:42 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:42 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Quick Reply: All Members Please Read